PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Sweden

Eagleton
08-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Hi Guys, just bought a Galant VR-4, 5-Speed -01 from the UK. It has some CVR4 stickers on, so I guess it belonged to someone at this forum. :happy:

Love the car! Not quite use to sitting on the right side of the car when driving though.

Kieran
08-02-2007, 08:42 PM
Oh wow! Welcome to Club VR-4! Do you have any pictures of the car?

I think there's Kalle in your country with a VR-4 too?

Looking forward to hearing about your car. In the meantime there's loads of information on here about these cars - use the search function and you're almost certain to find what you need - but if not, don't hesitate to ask! :happy:

Brunty
08-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

Have a banana!

Physician
08-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Welcome Eagleton.

No problem driving on right of car as there is so much power you can sit well back from car in front to see if it's OK to overtake! :thinking:

Very interesting that the CVR4 sticker has done it's job overseas to put you in contact with us.

In which town do you live in Sweden? :happy:

Physician
08-02-2007, 08:51 PM
Oooops, sorry you said Stockholm! /pan

Eagleton
08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I´ve just got one pic of the car from my cellphone:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f338/Eagleton/MINVR4-1.jpg
It would be fun to talk to the seller of the car.
Yeah, I know Kalle, we live in the same part of Stockholm. He´s got a Legnum Automatic.

I´ve been seaking around and looking on the forum for quite some time now. Just got the car this Tuesday so I´ve been waiting to post my "newb thread"

The questions I´d like to ask are more basic´s of what fits my car etc. I´ll post them in the right area.

Nick VR4
08-02-2007, 08:55 PM
/Welcome2 to the Forum

Kieran
08-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Hmm - that's a very young VR-4, and it's got a wales Symbol on the numberplate? I wonder which member used to own it?:inquisiti

It looks lovely though - and being so new it should serve you well!:afro:

Eagleton
08-02-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks for all the welcome! It´s a -01 on the, but it was bought from Mitsubishi in -03. So it has very low mileage and only one owner before me.

I´ve got some stuff lying in the garage from my old 8G waiting to be fitted on the VR4 (CF hood and CF trunk etc etc) Just need to know what coilovers, dumpvaulve´s fit this car, and how the car handles with a BOV and if there´s a aftermarket factory made exhaustsystem to purchase for the VR4.

(I´ll try searching, I know)

Spirit
08-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Welcome to CVR4......and congratulations on your new purchase :pimp2:

n13l pm
08-02-2007, 09:37 PM
/Welcome2

BraindG
08-02-2007, 09:44 PM
/Wyhy /Welcome and congratulations on the new born :afro:

Interesting that its got a CVR4 sticker on it :pimp2:

Wales huh. Hmmm... wonder who it is :thinking:

White Lightning
08-02-2007, 10:29 PM
/Wyhy

Welcome to the forum. That's a very nice new VR-4 you have there :afro:

Roadrunner
08-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I know Kalle, we live in the same part of Stockholm.
Oh, I wish I'd known that. I was in Stockholm between Xmas and New Year :) Stayed in Saltsjöbaden.

ANTHONY
09-02-2007, 12:49 AM
/Welcome2 /Welcome
/Wyhy /Welcome and congratulations on the new born :afro:

Interesting that its got a CVR4 sticker on it :pimp2:

Wales huh. Hmmm... wonder who it is :thinking: ian (lboots) may know and a big/Welcome2 /Welcome

Crossbow
09-02-2007, 01:00 AM
/rally enjoy you VR4 they are the best/Welcome2 /Welcome

Alex
09-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi, and /Welcome2 to CVR4. Hope you enjoy the forum as well as the car :2thumbsup

bradc
10-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Think about it guys, 03 plate, no wheel arches, trigger mauve, 5 speed. Kieran should know the car, as should any proper train spotter, we argued about it being a 2003 car, a proper ralliart import, etc etc.

BTW, welcome to the forum, you have one of the very last VR-4's ever made, and I'm sure you'll have great fun with it. Maybe we can put you in touch with Kalle who also lives in Stockholm. He has a car the same colour as your one, but it has a real boot :)

Eagleton
10-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks for all the welcome´s!

I guess it´s a real RalliArt model. momo stearingwheel with mitsu logo on it. Recaro´s. Got a servicebook from Ralliart with some stamps in it. There´s a RalliArt emblem on the trunk to. Would like to know where to find the wheelarchers though?

All the emblems are going to be stripped, not looking like a VR4 anymore. I figure most people dont know the VR4´s and are going to be pretty suprised. A sleeper kind of....with black 19" and CF bonnet and trunk....

Maybe we can put you in touch with Kalle who also lives in Stockholm. He has a car the same colour as your one, but it has a real boot

I know Kalle, we´ve met on different Mitsu meetings and stuff. We live in the same areacode.:happy:

I´ll get some pics this weekend if you wanna?