PDA

View Full Version : Service costs

colVR4
27-11-2003, 02:22 PM
That time of year again. It looks like I have been enjoying my Galant a little too much and have managed to rack up 9,000 miles in 5 months!! :D

I have just rung the Mitsi garage INSERT INTO post VALUES (Marshalls of Cambridge) and asked them how much my next INSERT INTO post VALUES (74,000) miles service will be. They have quoted me £362 :Eyecrazy: :Scream1:

Is this normal for a Galant service. I knew they were expensive to run but over £300 for a service!!

They say that it is the same as the 36,000 mile service and it breaks down into £152 for parts and the rest is 2 and a half hours labour. I have the feeling that I am getting fleeced. I have asked them to send me the quote throught the post so that I can break down the costs myself.

What is the deal with the Red Zebra warranty? Do I have to take it to a Mitsi garage to maintain the warranty, or is regular servicing replacing worn parts with genuine Mitsi parts okay?

Please help :Cry1:

Nick Mann
27-11-2003, 09:40 PM
?

I paid £217.53 for the 70 something service at Fields of Bromsgrove.
I paid £176.54 for the 60 something service at mitsy garage in sutton coldfield.
I paid £582.17 for the 50 something service at Castlecroft in Wolverhampton.

I can't tell you how the costs broke down as I sent the paperwork with the car. That was a 1998 V6-24 estate.

Brind
27-11-2003, 10:56 PM
Marshalls of Cambridge, I bought my VR-4 from them. :) Very helpful and friendly.

As far as I'm aware you can replace some parts yourself, like brake pads and discs to wiper blades without having to be ripped off by dealers so much.
If the brakes have been done for example there is NO reason they should be allowed to do them again just because they are servicing the car at a particular interval.

As long as you take your car to be serviced at the required intervals your warranty will stay intact.
In the future the Government are talking about stopping dealers from having that power over you and will allow the work to be carried out elsewhere and obviously cheaper and still retain your main dealer warranty.. but no details as yet that I know of.

colVR4
28-11-2003, 09:28 AM
I bought my V6-24 Sport from them too. They were very good and have been helpful so far. Was a little shocked with the cost of the service though, especially since I have rung around and Gray & Sons at Holbeach, Lincs will do it for over £100 less. Gray's are still a franchised dealer so the warranty will be intact.

I let them know about the K&N airfilter that I have fitted which will save me £15 off the standard replacement one. Its definately worth getting the reusable one, it pays for itself after 3 services!!

Its a bit of a bugger that there is no Mitsi dealer in Kings Lynn

:mad: