PDA

View Full Version : MAP ECU2 Info Available

mpau009
09-02-2007, 07:11 AM
It sounds like you can buy the MAP2 in NZ already.

You can get the info, manuals and Cal2 software from their site,

http://www.mapecu.co.nz/map2.html

All i have to do now is save up and get my hands on one:thinking:

It looks like theres a heap of options to play with

Iv uploaded the manual to add to our site as well, i tried to upload the Cal2 one, but even reduced to 4.5mb it keeps timing out,

From what i read the original map tables will work with the new unit, so that might be a good place to start with the tuning?

I can't wait to hear how the UK buy turns out:afro:

william
09-02-2007, 10:06 AM
How about testing the water for a NZ group buy? I guess we could also get a fit and tuning deal. I am in.

mpau009
09-02-2007, 12:33 PM
How about testing the water for a NZ group buy? I guess we could also get a fit and tuning deal. I am in.

Id be keen but i just couldnt commit at this stage, and i really need to do the clutch before anything else...

Buuut, It would be good if we could organise some sort of % discount for club members:thinking: they might be keen if it means we choose and discuss theirs instead of some other brand. And if theres a few keen to do a first order then that would help convince them even more.

As for tuning, i'm quite keen to fiddle myself once the self learn thing is set, engine management is something that interests me a whole lot more than other mods, but i'm sure most places would love a group booking.

bradc
10-02-2007, 03:01 AM
It probably wouldn't be hard to organise a discount at all. The cost of the ecu to make is very low, there is a reasonable chance in getting a discount :)

william
10-02-2007, 03:39 AM
So, who is keen?

mpau009
10-02-2007, 03:45 AM
It probably wouldn't be hard to organise a discount at all. The cost of the ecu to make is very low, there is a reasonable chance in getting a discount :)

Yeah i fired off an email this morning though the website, and we'll see what they say. I asked about a potential group buy as well, so lets hope they are keen.

mpau009
10-02-2007, 03:54 AM
william, it might be a good idea to stick up a new thread so people can register their interest, otherwise they might not have seen it in this thread.

Iv got a final job interview on Tuesday, so i'll let you know then if you can count me in or not :P

Eurospec
11-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Just got back from my hols today and got the confirmation from PMR, the gen 2 units are now available.

For the Uk guys i guess thats a bit of good news.:afro:

Cheers,

Ben.