PDA

View Full Version : Got my new Galant!

RugbyPete
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Finally got the Galant last night, after leaving the snow in the midlands and making my way up to the coast of Cumbria 280 miles away!

It seems the trip was worth it, as the car was as described, T reg, being a metalic grey/blue with cream leather interior and air con electric everything

So,a fully fledged Galant V6 owner here, hope to keep it maintained and running sweet for many years to come, its a real motorway muncher, hop eto take it on a road trip around europe later in the year, its as well made as a passat but in no way as common and catches people off guard.... one thing it has made me be and thats a lazy driver! Think I'll leave the racing to the VR4 owners, as I sit back and float around at any speed I choose :) Lights are excellent, especially in last night fog.

Got back at 2:40am last night, up at 6:30 for work, bloomin' tired today but happy I now have a good car for winter and summer to come

I'll get some pics up at some point, I'm going to review the service history and plan my next maintenance tasks. The owner gave me a new tub of oil for it, so I can do that... Got my eye on a new k&N panel for £15 on ebay, but my main concern obviously is a fluid change on the auto-box, done properly, put my mind at rest.

Wouter
09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Congrats on becoming a Galant owner :thumbsup:

Contact WRD Motorsport if you need an ATF flush.

Brunty
09-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Excellent!

When I first took a V6 out for a testdrive I was really impressed, although my heart was already set on owning a VR4 - I did think to myself "if this is how good the V6 is how good will the VR4 be?".

Hope you get many happy miles out of her.

g8legnum
09-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Congrats on joining our elite group. I'm sure you will enjoy the driving. I've had mine for over five years now and it still brings a big grin to my face. :happy:

Physician
09-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Good news Pete - congratulations.

Glad to hear you made it the bad weather without issues. :happy:

Nick VR4
09-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Congrats on the purchase :D

n13l pm
09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
congratulations, you can now hang out like a :pimp2:

Paul Beazer
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Good choice! Enjoy the car. Get the pics up!

White Lightning
09-02-2007, 03:28 PM
/ttiwwop

Congratulations on the new arrival .... get the pics up ....

colVR4
09-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Never had any regrets about my V6 ownership, twas a great car and I was sad to have to sell it on but the VR4 more than makes up for it?

Have fun with it

Alex
09-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Excellent news! Hope she does you proud mate! Hope you can make it to some meets too.