PDA

View Full Version : Top 100 Car Reliability Survey

MGV6
09-02-2007, 10:10 PM
http://www.reliabilityindex.co.uk/tophundred.html?apc=3128339010848601

A usual the Japanese come out on top again but at number 4: Mitsubishi Carisma??? :thinking:

That one came as a huge suprise to me but wheres Mitsui Galant in that list??? or is it not good enough? :evilgrin:

Spirit
09-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Good to see the X Type in 13th !!! :iloveyou:

MGV6
09-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Good to see the X Type in 13th !!! :iloveyou:

Yup. I think also the fact that this survey was compiled by Warranty Direct, it gives us a fairly clear assessment of just how good the Japs really are. I'm suprised that there no German cars in the top 24 list, who often tend to claim that they are the best of the best. :)

pitslayer
18-02-2007, 11:21 AM
carismas are reaally reliable unless you knock the rear end, then you might aswell chuck it in the bin, we had a 51 plate one...back got hit very lightly, engine management light came one straight away, it came back from the repair shop, wouldnt run at all, the idle was lumpy, it drove like a dog, kept cutting out....tryed a few things well disconected the battery then ragged the daylights out of it, ran then, but my mum kept spinning the tyres lol, so disconected and drove it normally afterwards and still kept cutting out....so repeated the first one again ragged it, then sold it lol

Wodjno
18-02-2007, 11:39 AM
carismas are reaally reliable

I take it that they must have omitted all the Carisma's with the GDi engine before they used them in the Poll :speechles

kookie
28-02-2007, 05:38 PM
I take it that they must have omitted all the Carisma's with the GDi engine before they used them in the Poll :speechles
Hey whats wrong with the GDi,,,,,, don't answer that. /pan /pan /pan

Jimbo
28-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Yup. I think also the fact that this survey was compiled by Warranty Direct, it gives us a fairly clear assessment of just how good the Japs really are. I'm suprised that there no German cars in the top 24 list, who often tend to claim that they are the best of the best. :)

German cars are all about the badge. I remember a Top Gear magazine survey from two or three years back listing all the car manufacturers in ascending order for both desirability and reliability. Mercedes were top and bottom respectively. Says it all for me.