PDA

View Full Version : AYC Faults

bigscott
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Hi all, recently got my vr4 which has been great (stepped out of a mk3 supra turbo and well chuffed with the legnum) but about 200 miles ago had the red ayc warning light on, followed advice on checking fault and got the following codes:
ayc light flashed 72, 73, 12
tcl flashing on/off 3 times a second
n (neutral light) on/off 3 times a second
engine management and ABS light on of 3 times a second
and "skiddy car" light on for a second off for a second

found a thread on evo ayc diagnostics:
codehttp://www.lancerregister.com/mlr_images/articles/evobuyersguide/buyers_v3.1.pdf
which translates to 12 = Power supply voltage (valve power supply) system (open- or short-circuit)
72 = Directional control valve (right) system (open- or short-circuit)
73 = Directional control valve (left) system (open- or short-circuit)
I dont know how valid this info is on the vr4 (i also dont know what any of it means if im honest!) but i really would appretiate if anyone out there does know and can help.

Thanks for reading

Scott

thecustomer
10-02-2007, 10:04 PM
diagnostic decodes are on this thread (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5456&highlight=fault+codes)

Hope that helps...
(& welcome!)

bigscott
10-02-2007, 10:11 PM
found that thread to start with but was a bit confused as my codes were coming from the ayc light itself (long flashes for ten short for ones) and not the management/abs lights. also no codes for 73 on that thread

mpau009
10-02-2007, 10:23 PM
found that thread to start with but was a bit confused as my codes were coming from the ayc light itself (long flashes for ten short for ones) and not the management/abs lights. also no codes for 73 on that thread

Once the red light comes on i would take it straight to mitsi, mine had a leak, that i ignored for as long as possible, until it broke completely.

Often the red light comes on to indicate low hydraulic pressure, for me it was the pump seals degrading, but even once it was replaced the light stayed on. The most common fault on the forum seems to be the pump pressure switch, which tells the computer that their isnt enough pressure, which they had to do on mine as well.

I would think that would be a good place to start if your pump is working well.

The other thing that needed fixing on mine was a g-sensor up the front somewhere, i didn't get to see that one so can't help much, but it was more for a trigger happy AYC rather than the warning light.

Do a search for the AYC switch, and see if that sounds like your issue.