PDA

View Full Version : Down pipe or de-kat pipes

SirVr4
10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi i was wantiong to know if anyone in the Nz crew mainly Auckland crew make and fit down or de-kat pipes or help on wats needed to do so thanks./help /help

bradc
10-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't think any of us here make them, but they are basically just a straight pipe, so it is very easy to get any exhaust shop to make one for you. Pitstop on great south rd in Penrose will do it for you, tell Lance I sent you :)

SirVr4
11-02-2007, 01:07 AM
And do they flange it so its a straight bolt up or cut it out and weld it into place? also wat kind of price am i looking at? roughly

bradc
11-02-2007, 02:27 AM
Normally they'll put the flanges on and everything, just ask them to make sure about it though.

As for price, you'd expect to pay $50 to $75 I guess

Gly
11-02-2007, 03:19 AM
mag and turbo did my first one, (manukau)
****en wouldnt let them touch my car again.

the basically just hacked the cat out and welded a straight pipe in its place and used the original flanges,

i had it for a day and it leaked, coz they didnt use a new gaskit,

also the welds where ugly as **** and the pipe wasnt welded in straight,,

they charged $70 for that, (ripped off)

the second one (my current one) is a custom 3" stainless steal one,
that my dad made for me.

i have had pitstop botany downs, do some exhaust work my my GFs car a while ago and would recommend them.

SirVr4
11-02-2007, 04:01 AM
Yeah my brothers had mag and turbo work on his exhaust and yeah shyt work but me to have had pit stop and i like there work but never go to pit stop moselle ave cause the guy there doesn't like doing loud exhausts so he doesn't do it properly dont no why he's in the game for but pit stop on sel peacock is good

looks like i'll go see them..

Just thought maybe just maybe there was an exhaust dude here

Cheers tho GLY

Kenneth
11-02-2007, 05:48 AM
the second one (my current one) is a custom 3" stainless steal one,
that my dad made for me.

what did you do for the flanges? Can you get some cut or some such? I am looking at doing some welding soon, but need to source some SS flanges

Gly
11-02-2007, 05:55 AM
my dad machined them for me while he was still working,

there both 3" sized so it will fit the fujitsubo,
but the front one only has a 2.25" hole so it mates perfectly to the stock downpipes, and i can bore it out later if i need,

the flanges are just mild steal thou. only the pipe is stainless.

Kenneth
11-02-2007, 05:59 AM
my dad machined them for me while he was still working,

there both 3" sized so it will fit the fujitsubo,
but the front one only has a 2.25" hole so it mates perfectly to the stock downpipes, and i can bore it out later if i need,

the flanges are just mild steal thou. only the pipe is stainless.

Ok. I might have to bite the bullet and get some laser cut then. In which case I guess I should get a few cut and then sell the ones I don't use

Gly
11-02-2007, 06:14 AM
yep, or make a few exhausts to sell :P
custom down pipes, etc.

find someone with a water jet cutter
wouldnt be hard to make them,