PDA

View Full Version : road improvements ??

SGHOM
27-11-2003, 09:59 PM
The main road through woodseats [ Sheffield ] is an absolute nightmare for traffic, as it probably is in most towns & cities shopping centres. bus lanes both ways morning & evening, but a little respite during the day, when there are 2 lanes in, & 2 lanes out of town [ apart from when its clogged with parked cars ]
BUT !!! the council has come to the rescue with a "road improvement scheme" . they're gonna widen the pavement, & build "designated parking areas". :Ponder: which, in short, means they are extending the pavement 8 ft out into the road every 75 yards !!! WTF !! :nono: :nono: So, in the new year, one of the busiest 2 lane roads in Sheffield, will be reduced to 1 lane. they are installing more pelican crossings. removing the bus lane. & say it will be more user friendly to both motorists & pedestrians ?? In your f****ng dreams :nono: :nono: :

Brind
27-11-2003, 10:10 PM
Sounds like stupid road markings and layouts are hitting us all over the country, down here there is road systems that I'm sure are written up by mental patients. :rolleyes:

zedy1
27-11-2003, 10:16 PM
UP HERE they council has done several changes and introduced bus lane and new 1 wasy systems to reduce traffic, and all what that has done is caused chaos around the other roads and your always f11cking in traffic
havent they got better ways to spend money,like build us guys a track inevery town and citie , dont think wel need speed cameras then :D

Brind
27-11-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by zedy1
and your always f11cking in traffic

Really??? :eek: sounds like fun! :cool: :D

Nick VR4
27-11-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Brind
Really??? :eek: sounds like fun! :cool: :D

Yeah :lolz: but a law is coming out soon to stop you doing that :nono:
Bit like the Mobile phone one :D

Nick Mann
27-11-2003, 10:26 PM
I thought that meant it is okay as long as your not holding it?! :rolleyes:

Kieran
27-11-2003, 11:32 PM
Oh don't talk to me about bloody traffic. I've just got back from a visit to Croydon:mad:
:mad2: