PDA

View Full Version : WANTED: radio removed - need a blanking panel

martin_livingstone
14-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Hi

I would like to remove the Alpine telly from the dashboard but it would leave a gaping hole.

Does anyone in NZ have a spare blanking panel that would match the walnut finish on my Legnum or know of a scrapyard/dismantler where I could get one from?

On my Legnum you can have two radios/CDs stacked on top of one another, or I guess a radio and yet another cubby hole.

Cheers

Martin
Will pay of course!

mpau009
14-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi

I would like to remove the Alpine telly from the dashboard but it would leave a gaping hole.

Does anyone in NZ have a spare blanking panel that would match the walnut finish on my Legnum or know of a scrapyard/dismantler where I could get one from?

On my Legnum you can have two radios/CDs stacked on top of one another, or I guess a radio and yet another cubby hole.

Cheers

Martin
Will pay of course!

Put in some gauges, you know you want to/Devil5

I think you might find that the hole is slightly less than 2 din though so an off the shelf one might not fit too well. If it was me i'd get a bit of old metal or wood, and cut it to fit, then cover it with vinyl or something similar, i got vinyl to match the black dash for like $5 for a metre, from a fabric store.

Gly
15-02-2007, 07:55 AM
your not talking about removing the mmc tv that controls the a/c and radio are you?

if so, its a no go without a major rewire!

if its just removing a aftermarkrt tv, its easy enough...

just go down to repco and buy a din pocket,
i had one. was a good fit,

you cant get blanking panels for them, that i have ever seen.

but you could try

www.kempys.co.nz

martin_livingstone
20-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Hi

No, it's not the MMC thing, it's an aftermarket Alpine in dash telly. It's no use at the moment and I think it will just attract thieves, so might as well take it out and put in a lovely polished walnut panel, but thanks for the DIN blanking plate tip!

Martin

ANTHONY
20-02-2007, 12:37 AM
we need something like this in the UK www.kempys.co.nz (http://www.kempys.co.nz/)