PDA

View Full Version : BP lies!

Gly
16-02-2007, 06:37 AM
well drove past BP a couple of days ago,
saw a sign out side stating that they now accept pak'n save and new world
petol vouchers, conditons apply (ask within)
cool i thought i can get a discount off 98 now!

so i put $50 in my tank
walk in and hand over the eftpos card and voucher,
only to be told no we wont accept your pak'n save voucher.

why?

because the only accept vouchers from pak'n save's without gas pumps!
now theres only a couple off them without there own pumps!

its only a few cents but every cent of extra gas bloodly well counts!

what a load of bullcrap!

why advertise you take them when you really dont!

and what sort of condition is that we only take the ones from shops without petorl pumps!!

/Grrr

/my rant over

detonate
16-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Mobil ftw.

If you *need* the discounts, then they give it to you if you spend $4 in-store.
Which I generally do anyway.

KiwiTT
16-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Send you complaint directly to the company here (http://www.bp.com/genericformsdisplay.do?formId=7050114&categoryId=6747&contentId=7022908)

Kenneth
16-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Mobil ftw.

If you *need* the discounts, then they give it to you if you spend $4 in-store.
Which I generally do anyway.

lol, when they started that they were offering a 4c/L discount if you spent $4 or more in store. So, if you had a really greedy car and put in 100L, then you would save that $4 and effectively get some free stuff in store. else you migh as well save money by not spending the $4 and not getting a discount :P

It almost feels like they are trying to see how bad people are at math :P

Gly
17-02-2007, 02:20 AM
Send you complaint directly to the company here (http://www.bp.com/genericformsdisplay.do?formId=7050114&categoryId=6747&contentId=7022908)

did it before i started this thread :D

detonate
17-02-2007, 02:54 AM
It almost feels like they are trying to see how bad people are at math :P

Not really, I generally spend money in store *anyway*

rayray24
17-02-2007, 04:50 AM
You only save the 2-3 bucks with those things anyway so i'm not to fussed really, gas prices aren't that bad now!!! $70 bucks for a good 500km fang is worth it to me & you don't have to worry about getting pissed off with gas stations!

Subaru ETA
17-02-2007, 05:03 AM
haha in at bp today i blasted them up...i had done 515km to a tank and was running on the fuel light. so i plled into bp and the pumps were on pre pay at 1pm! so i went in and told him i wanted to fill it...
"ok how much" he said
"dunno, just unlock the pump"
"no coz you might not pay.... how many litres you want?"
"****ed if i know!"
""well pay $90 and ill refund what you dont us"

now how stupid is that!?!? i told him that maybe if on of the 2 other idiots that were working who were standing around doing nothing got off there ****en arse and went outside and served people you wouldnt have that problem.

he then said "so how much you want?"
i told him not to bother and went up the road to mobil, put 53L in it of 98 and got a red bull and chocolate bar to get my 4c discount :D

rayray24
17-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Shot man i hate that pre-paid ****, same thing happened to me last week! I wanted to fill but had to pay first ($65) and it didn't even fill it to the full mark(just under)! Usless R-tards!

Subaru ETA
17-02-2007, 05:18 AM
pre pay is annoying but i see why they do it...but at 1pm? thats just plain bloody lazy! gull have the idea where they write everyones rego when they come in but hey dont have 98 so have to go to bp or mobil

bradc
17-02-2007, 05:20 AM
I've found giving them your drivers license will mean they open it up for you, I wouldn't leave any form of eftpos or credit card with them though.

The other trick is to constantly go to the same petrol station, and the guys there get used to you. I go to the gull just off the motorway at takanini at the moment, it's nice and convenient for me :)

Subaru ETA
17-02-2007, 05:26 AM
yeah i usually go to mobil wairau rd coz its on my way home, but they have so many diff people there its crazy! they never have it on pre pay during the day and there eftpos at pump ACTUALLY works, which is a bonus

rayray24
17-02-2007, 06:34 AM
:inquisiti
there eftpos at pump ACTUALLY works Well thats a first!!!!

d i c k i e s
18-02-2007, 01:37 AM
i thought they only use pre-paid at nights. like midnite onwards... i never knew they did this till i went on my trip up north. stupid idea. but safer for the employee's i guess. had the same trouble.

"how much would u like?" "i dont know? just fill it up" "how much would u like?" ... im like it usually depends... i just got pissed off and just said $50. even though it needed a bit more. but got me to my destination.

dickytim
19-02-2007, 07:47 AM
haha in at bp today i blasted them up...i had done 515km to a tank and was running on the fuel light. so i plled into bp and the pumps were on pre pay at 1pm! so i went in and told him i wanted to fill it...
"ok how much" he said
"dunno, just unlock the pump"
"no coz you might not pay.... how many litres you want?"
"****ed if i know!"
""well pay $90 and ill refund what you dont us"

now how stupid is that!?!? i told him that maybe if on of the 2 other idiots that were working who were standing around doing nothing got off there ****en arse and went outside and served people you wouldnt have that problem.

he then said "so how much you want?"
i told him not to bother and went up the road to mobil, put 53L in it of 98 and got a red bull and chocolate bar to get my 4c discount :D

I had that and they asked how much, I said how the f#$k should I know, he said leave a deposit I told him I only had my credit card and to pull his head in, he pulled his head in and unlocked the pump, if he was that worried about me he could have written down the number plate just in case, only had it once, I just stand there with the pump in my car and they usually put it on for me, guess it helps to not look like a bogan.