PDA

View Full Version : My Galant Sport

adam_shaw
29-11-2003, 12:28 PM
Hi All,

Thought I'd finally get around to posting some pictures of my entirely ordinary V6-Sport having had some nice weather at home a few weeks ago, got it washed and took these:

From the front...

adam_shaw
29-11-2003, 12:29 PM
and the back...

adam_shaw
29-11-2003, 12:31 PM
and from inside, I never noticed the seats were that blue, aren't wide angle lenses great :D

zedy1
29-11-2003, 01:59 PM
very nice m8

adam_shaw
29-11-2003, 02:35 PM
thanks,

Kieran
29-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Tasty:cool1:

adam_shaw
29-11-2003, 02:48 PM
I'm proud of my baby,

/shuffles modestly

Nick VR4
29-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Nice car

Looks like you have the same Radio / CD player as me :D

Spirit
29-11-2003, 08:39 PM
Nice job, looks immaculate mate:D

zedy1
29-11-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by spirit979
Nice job, looks immaculate mate:D

looks like kierans got competion:D

Kieran
30-11-2003, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by zedy1
looks like kierans got competion:D

:D

/Revs electric polisher in a menacing fashion...

adam_shaw
30-11-2003, 10:53 AM
I don't think Kieran could have any competition in the polishing stakes, those were taken when it was still shiny from the dealer valet, so I can't take any credit there.

Besides the sound of a heavily modified strimmer with a polishing bonnet scares me :eek:

ritch_w
30-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Your front bumper looks in immaculate, mine is just over a year old with 29K and looks like it has been shot blasted!

Kieran
30-11-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by adam_shaw
I don't think Kieran could have any competition in the polishing stakes, those were taken when it was still shiny from the dealer valet, so I can't take any credit there.

Besides the sound of a heavily modified strimmer with a polishing bonnet scares me :eek:

It looks lovely. Keep it that way!:)

Nice Avatar description by the way:D

adam_shaw
01-12-2003, 08:57 AM
The key to a good looking photo;

1) Wash car
2) Photograph car with 6 Mega Pixel camera
3) Resample image to 640x480
4) Store as .G IF

et voila, bientot!

All those little chips, scratches and marks are gone.

Seriously, it still looks pretty good, despite some little f*#$ers in Manchester kicking grit off a bridge over the M60 :grr:

But the stone chips are a nightmare, any one with vast amounts of polish experience INSERT INTO post VALUES (no names, no pack drill) know if any of these high polymer jobbies really reduce the incidence of stone chips?

The avatar description seemed appropriate. I only just discovered I could change it :cool:, now what next...

Kieran
02-12-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by adam_shaw
....But the stone chips are a nightmare, any one with vast amounts of polish experience INSERT INTO post VALUES (no names, no pack drill) know if any of these high polymer jobbies really reduce the incidence of stone chips?...

Not really. THe layer of wax left on a car when you polish/wax is only a few microns thick - you'd need a couple of mil before you'd get some protection. The speed and force with which a stone hits your paint means there's not much you can do, save for a car-braINSERT INTO post VALUES (bleurgh)...

Japanese cars also tend to use a less durable paint finish - the clear coat is fairly tough, but there's only a thin layer of base INSERT INTO post VALUES (pigment) coat, followed by the phosphate layer INSERT INTO post VALUES (jap cars tend to use phosphate dipping rather than electro-galvansising). Once the clear coat is breeched, it doesn't take much to remove the paint..

adam_shaw
02-12-2003, 09:13 AM
This is what I thought, looks like I'm gonna get real handy with the chip-repair kit.

It's funny, aside from the airdam INSERT INTO post VALUES (which at 110k was more white than red) the last one never seemed to suffer so much.

Thanks for sharing the knowledge any-hoo

ritch_w
02-12-2003, 10:57 AM
I would definately agree that paint quality / application process is pretty poor from the factory.

Why use a white primer on a dark car? really does let the car down :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Also i had a BMW a while back with over 100K, it was black and the front end was in far batter condition than the galant is now!