PDA

View Full Version : J.a.e.

BraindG
02-05-2003, 02:10 PM
http://www.japcarclub.com/jae/
INSERT INTO post VALUES (JULY 26th & 27th)

I have a plot reserved for 10 cars..

1: Braind G INSERT INTO post VALUES (Barry)
2: spirit979 INSERT INTO post VALUES (Pete) - Sunday
3: chris g
4: Simon
5: Brind - Sunday
6: bonsai boy aka [graham]
7: Anthony and Lisa
8: Paul - Sunday
9: Pudd

Who else is interested?

Brind
02-05-2003, 02:34 PM
I'd like to come, but not 100% sure just yet, do you need to actually know who wants to attend now?

Provisionaly 'Brind' will be there.

BraindG
02-05-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Brind
I'd like to come, but not 100% sure just yet, do you need to actually know who wants to attend now?

Provisionaly 'Brind' will be there.

Not really no.. but best just getting name down :P

bonsai boy
20-05-2003, 10:35 PM
count me in please not going to miss this:

bonsai boy
20-05-2003, 10:39 PM
sorry no one noes my name bonsai boy aka [graham]:D

BraindG
20-05-2003, 10:43 PM
aka Number 6 :D
heheh

haydar
20-05-2003, 11:47 PM
Damn!!!!

Taking the wife on holiday on the 26th July :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Do want to meet up sometime though!

Spirit
03-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Come on guys and girls we have got to fill this stand and get 10 VR-4's there !

Your club needs YOU ! lol

Pete

jaysback
03-06-2003, 08:59 AM
just looking into getting the time off work.
will probably only do one of the days.
are you guys staying there the whole weekend or traveling each day?

Spirit
03-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Due to having to get a babysitter INSERT INTO post VALUES (as the wife wants to come this time); we will probably travel up the Saturday night and stay in a hotel nearby and then go there all day Sunday - my guess is Sunday will be the busier of the 2 days

Petrolhead
03-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Come on guys, it's a total orgy of Japanese mechanical delights :D

You can even all come over and join in on our Barby, just bring some burgers etc.

D.

Brind
03-06-2003, 10:50 PM
All these car clubs will be there! :cool:

Lexus OwnersClub
Honda-R
Toyota Owners Club
The Z Club
MR2 Drivers Club
SS-R Performance Drivers Club
Nissan 200SX Owners Club INSERT INTO post VALUES (SXOC)
Celica Club UK
Daihatsu Charade GTti Owners Club
The 200 Plus Club
Nissan Primera Owners Club
Team Raging Demon
Mitsubishi GTO/3000GT Owners Club INSERT INTO post VALUES (GTOUK)
Scoobycity
MR2MK1Club
GT4OC
International MR2 Owners Club - IMOC-UK
Micra Sports Club
Nissan Turbo Owners Club
Toyota Sera Register
Jap Torque
GTIR owners club
300zx.co.uk
GTR Owners Club
Banzai Performance Car Club
BHR
Suzuki SC100 Enthusiasts Club
Clubsol UK
Mitsubishi Lancer Register
supras.co.uk
MR2 Roadster Owners Club
CRX-UK
Toyota Enthusists Club INSERT INTO post VALUES (TEC)
JapUK
Mitsubishi Starion Owners Club
Almera Owners Club
Mazda Rx-7 Owners Club INSERT INTO post VALUES (UK)
Suzuki Cappuccino Owners Register
The Datsun Owners Club
JAMI
Mitsubishi FTO Owners Club
The RX Seven
Toyotagtturbo
UK 100NX Club
Team NightSpirit
Mazdarotaryclub.com
FDUK
Classic Z Register
Subaru Impreza Drivers Club
MX-5 OWNERS CLUB
Datsun Cedrics
UK Honda Beat Club
OPT Drift Club
Club VR4
Skyline Owners Club
Zxtra
Primera P10 Owners Club

jaysback
04-06-2003, 02:38 PM
a barby?
when is this taking place then:Ponder: sat night
hmmmmmmmm
[mental note] start braking bosses lims till he gives me weekend off:D

Ailsa
04-06-2003, 06:38 PM
We INSERT INTO post VALUES (SS-R) have a club BBQ, which we will be taking along. That will be what Petrolhead is refering too.

We'll prolly spark it up late morning for some lunch time munching..... I'm sure you guys would be most welcome to throw some burgers on it.

Alternatively fork out and buy a wee disposable job. Nothing like a munching on a BBQ'd meal while you watch the ten mile queue for £3 burgers....;)

We found chairs a must last year aswell and ended up buying more between day 1 & 2! Asda have some well comfy folding jobs for about £7 each.

See you all there! Should be a good one!

zentac
05-06-2003, 08:37 PM
If your plot is next to the FTO Owners Club can I park half and half ?

Brind
05-06-2003, 10:47 PM
If you bring along an angle grinder you can park on both, bare in mind you'll have to put the side with no wheels up on bricks or something. :)

Spirit
18-06-2003, 11:24 PM
Guy/Girls

Billing Aquadrome is just off J15 of the M1. Been looking and there is a Travelodge about 2 miles off J15A of the M1 INSERT INTO post VALUES (Upton Way,Northampton) which currently has rooms for the Saturday night INSERT INTO post VALUES (26th July) for £44.95 !

Following the success of Japfest, and with all the new members who have joined since I cannot believe we have yet to fill the 10 spaces on the stand we have reserved :Ponder:

C'mon people, I am travelling 230+ miles each way for this and would love to see the Club well represented.

Pete

Brind
18-06-2003, 11:45 PM
It turned out really well at Japfest!
From the 7 that was originaly going to appear we had 9 instead!!!
Considering there wasn't as many members as there are now it was a very good turnout.
Shame the weather was so ****e but it was still very good.

Who is staying for both days?

AntonyBaker
19-06-2003, 12:11 AM
If there is still a place available, please count us in...

Are you looking specifically for owners with modded VR4's ?Ours is pretty bog standard...

Antony & Lisa

Brind
19-06-2003, 12:23 AM
You're more than welcome.

Spirit
19-06-2003, 01:12 AM
Any VR-4 is welcome - I have added you to the list on page 1 of this thread - thats 7 !

PAUL
19-06-2003, 11:30 AM
I will probably come what day are people going and how much to pay to who?

I am going to Pugfest this weekend prescot hillclimb should be fun in a V6.

banjo
19-06-2003, 07:24 PM
Not 100% sure, but will probably make it, certainly intend to try. Only thing in doubt in my house is whether my son and daughter will bring their own cars, INSERT INTO post VALUES (son: FTO, daughter: Toyota Starlet Glanza V Turbo) or travel with me. Sunday is the nominated day.

Banjo

Brind
19-06-2003, 07:53 PM
I'm easy still, I'll be there when ever you guys are.
Maybe we could meet before hand again.

Anyway I'll leave it up to you guys, I'll follow whatever.

AntonyBaker
19-06-2003, 09:29 PM
anyone travelling up from down south ?

Should make the journey more fun :)

Maybe we can meet at a serive station on the way ?

ant

Spirit
19-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Okay - think we need to establish who is attending on what dayINSERT INTO post VALUES (s). Myself will probably be just the Sunday as will more than likely have to work the Saturday. I am up for meeting beforehand somewhere and driving in together but I don't know the area at all so we will need some guidance like Japfest.

Need Barry's input aswell as he has reserved the plot - but I think it's just £1 per car for the stand and then entrance fees.

Pete

Brind
19-06-2003, 11:34 PM
If you're just doing the Sunday Pete I'll do the same, but as I said, either way.
I don't know the area either so again if someone could arrange a decent place to meet.
I don't know how many people will be coming with me in my car yet but at least two anyway.

I'm coming from the south Antony but I'm mainly on the A roads according to the aa route planner, but I will join the M25 at some point.
Could be just as easy to all meet at once.

Spirit
19-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Brind

Just the Sunday for me mate - with no track action I won't convince the wife to do 2 days and I think the Sunday will be the busier of the 2 days - plus most likely have to work the Saturday. However, we do plan to travel up the Saturday evening and at the moment may stay at the Travelodge I mentioned above. Happy to meet up with anyone on the Saturday night, and before we go into JAE on the Sunday - another convoy would be cool :D

Pete

Brind
19-06-2003, 11:56 PM
I'm a bit disappointed about there not being a track as I really enjoyed watching that, never actually watched that before apart from on telly :D

It's only about 120miles up the road one way so I may just leave early on the Sunday and come back in the evening like Japfest.
So:
Pete = Sunday
Brind = Sunday
?
?

Definite convoy! anyone know a place to start from? :)

PAUL
20-06-2003, 09:43 AM
I am travelling from the south up the m1 to jct 15 which is Northhampton, I'm coming from near Windsor if anyone else is travelling the same way let me know.

Paul.

PUDD
20-06-2003, 10:23 AM
;)Can i come plz.
Only got my little standard legnum ST:oINSERT INTO post VALUES (still kicks ass lol)
but would luv to meet u all
and see ur VR-4 beasts;)
INSERT INTO post VALUES (Hopefully that isnt Fairford RIAT weekend):D

Brind
23-06-2003, 10:48 PM
I believe Barry has added you Pudd.:)

We must take more pictures this time too! we all had cameras last time and yet it was really only Barry and I that put ours on this site.

Just a thought Pete, have you thought any more about the ClubVR-4 banner? last time it was a pain to space apart the posts, how about screwing a wooden/ply plate on the back?

I didn't think about making details of the club or info about the cars until I saw what you guys made up, they were an excellent idea! if people could do the same this time and be specific about what they've done to their cars it would be great!
Plus how about a Club VR-4 logo to cover our number plates too? could be quite effective although I think if they are paper it might look tacky.:INSERT INTO post VALUES ( anyway it's an idea... maybe for future events we could have proper plastic ones made up.

Spirit
23-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Brind

The banner was difficult that day due to the wind etc - but I agree I need to look at the design again. This came out of my own pocket so cost was kept to a minimum.

I agree number plate covers with the logo on would be good and what we need are laminated ones - are you volunteering mate ?

Pictures - well the weather wasn't that great but I am sure JAE will be different.....will take loads more !

As it may be hot and exposed I think we could also do with a gazebo aswell - does anyone have one or can anyone borrow one for the weekend ?

Pete

BraindG
23-06-2003, 11:09 PM
longer pegs, and 4 per post should suffice i recon...

oh, and i think ive sourced a HOOGE gazebo! might be a bit to big.. but i recon ill get my car under there :D

Spirit
23-06-2003, 11:15 PM
Barry

You going both days or just the Sunday ?

Pete

BraindG
23-06-2003, 11:16 PM
both mate.. can't miss a two dayer :) get a load of beers in on the sat.. be merry.. and "in-control" on sunday :D

Brind
23-06-2003, 11:31 PM
I'm not sure about both days, Japfest held me because there was a track aswell as cars to see, J.A.E is just cars so I'm sure Sunday would be enough.

I'll look into the laminated number plate covers, I think my mate has a laminator:Ponder:
I just held a piece of A4 upto my front plate and cut in half, it would be pretty good, just the first and last digit is seen, although some of us may have a square front plate.
Barry could you make up the logo to fit half an A4 sheet sideways?
May look into plastic sleeves if the lamination is stupid money.

BraindG
23-06-2003, 11:33 PM
mail me here (numberplate@clubvr4.co.uk) so i dont forget about this post...

Spirit
23-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Barry

Same as Brind - as Sharon is coming and we cannot get a babysitter for 2 days we will travel up the Saturday evening if anyone wants to meet up for a beer - may stay at the Travelodge I posted earlier in this thread.

We need to tie down the definates now as we only have space for 10 cars and not fair to hold a space for a maybe.

Maybe a new thread ?

Pete

PUDD
24-06-2003, 12:54 AM
I'll definately be there!SAT/SUN or bothas i too have probs with babysitters,i might camp that weekend.But its not that far from me to travel both days if neccessary.
BUT dont reserve me a spot if u can fill with some one else,as my legnum is a 2.5 ST V6 and its as standard at the mo,and i dont want to be embarressed sitting next to your VR4's lmao.
Look forward to meeting you all and your cars:D

AntonyBaker
24-06-2003, 06:13 PM
We are coming from colchester if you want to meet on the way..Maybe on the m25 somewhere ?

Ant & Lisa

Spirit
24-06-2003, 07:46 PM
Which day or both days Ant and Lisa ?

Pete

Petrolhead
27-06-2003, 05:34 PM
For anyone staying over on the Saturday......

We will be having an evening Barby, and you are invited along for the merryment :D Just bring some food, we'll supply the entertainment ;)

SS-R will be located on Plot F4

Dave.

BraindG
27-06-2003, 05:41 PM
ill be there !

PUDD
27-06-2003, 09:05 PM
i'll be there and thanx for the invite;)
i'll bring food and beer aswell:D

PAUL
30-06-2003, 10:12 AM
I will be going down the day before and staying in Northampton so anyone going the day before who wants to meet for a beer then give me a bell.

Paul K.

0777 3287551

Ailsa
30-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Getting so excited about this event now!

:boing2:

Did you guys get the mail from JAE about the treasure hunt?? That sounds soooo cool! An excuse to wonder round drooble over all the nice cars and talk mince to everyone!! INSERT INTO post VALUES (not that you need an excuse!)

Can't wait!!
See you all there! Shame we won't be parked on your stand, but we'll make sure we meet you all anyway. :)

PUDD
30-06-2003, 05:21 PM
hey paul,i ring u l8r,think we can get to meet u:D
an alisa,we also looking forward to meeting u ;)
see you all there

PAUL
01-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Hi Pudd I will see you on the saturday give me a call, take it easy.

Paul.

Joe
11-07-2003, 10:32 PM
sounds good ill check it out? luv to come!