PDA

View Full Version : Fcd, Sld

MarcelVr4
20-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Hello everyone

I own a 98Vr4 and I was wondering, how can Install the FCD(fuel cut defender) and the SLD(speed limit defender), if anyone has any type of visual instructions please let me know, or the cars diagrams or anything that could help me, please I would really appreciate it.

I live in the dominican republic and nobody in this country knows how to install it :)

Thank you very much!

Marcel Fernandez

Nick Mann
20-02-2007, 10:43 AM
My speed limiter has been removed by converting the speedo to MPH. There is a way of doing it, but I can't remember what it is! It involves cutting a speed signal wire near the ECU. A site search might bring up a result?

HKS do a FCD that can be used on our cars. I'm not sure if it comes with a wiring diagram, or if anybody else makes a suitable one. I would suggest that a FCD is a risky thing to have unless you are monitoring your emissions. I had a conversation with someone a couple of years ago who thought that his FCD may have allowed him do go too lean and damage his engine.

bernmc
20-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Removing the speed cut is easy and covered in an article in the member's area - you'll have to cough up the membership fee to view it:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14596

Not sure about the FCD - a search should tell you more.

MarcelVr4
12-03-2007, 07:42 AM
for what I have read, there are actually 3 types of HKS FCD's,

Standard
Type K3
Type H

Does anyone know wich ones does the Galant Vr4 uses ?

Thank you very much