PDA

View Full Version : Katsidis vs Earl

n13l pm
20-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Anyone watch the fight the other night?? Reminded me of Rocky!!

Brunty
20-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Heard that it was a cracker - was it on the same bill as the Harrison and Khan fights?

Watching Audley was enough to put me to sleep.

n13l pm
20-02-2007, 05:11 PM
One of the best fights iv seen. Have a look mate, someones uploaded the fight in a 5 part video, well worth watching:

Katsidis v Earl (http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=earl+boxing)

Brunty
20-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for that - I'm sure Wodjno and Caishanvr4 will be along shortly as they like this sort of stuff too.

Wodjno
20-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks for that - I'm sure Wodjno and Caishanvr4 will be along shortly as they like this sort of stuff too.

Aye !! I watched it, and it was a good fight :D

Not in the League of early Ben, Eubanks, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran fights...

But still good :D

Funkstar
20-02-2007, 09:13 PM
One of the best fights I have seen for a long while. The way they were exchanging blows was awesome and frightening at the same time.

Made a night of the boxing anyway, especially after another too easy match up for Khan.

g6acb
20-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I must admit to not being a fan of boxing - one the one hand I can understand the discipline / fitness side of things but it is outweighed by the brutality and the fact that you could get locked up for much less outside the ring...... but each to their own.....however I gave it a look over as the Man United match on tv is just soooooo boring.....

But I learnt something about the rules watching it - early on Earls corner threw in the towel - only to have it thrown back at them by the ref and the fight continued .......

Boxing has brought so many phrases into the English language but the meaning of 'throwing in the towel' has just gone out the window :inquisiti

n13l pm
20-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Yeah I dont know why the ref continued the fight, I can only guess the throwing in of the towel wasnt a member of the earl team, but a member of the public taking the piss. If it was a member of the earl team who throw in the towel then I dont think they would of accecpted the ref throwing the towel back out!

Brunty
20-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I think it's the particular rules they were fighting under - only the ref can stop the fight during the round - it was mentioned in the commentary on the clips you linked to.

Mind you Earl gave Katsidis a fair crack as soon as they got back into it though - seems it was all the recovery he required!

Earl
21-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Good fight. The light weights generally put on a better fight, more action and less clinching. Some of the best fighters in the light weight divisions are Mexican. They stand toe to toe with that kind of action for ten rounds.

Physician
21-02-2007, 04:37 AM
Brilliant fight. (I'm an expert on punching now!) I totally agree with Wodjno that it wasn't in the same league as the boxers he listed.

Audley Harrison was next to useless as usual. He reminds me of Joe Bugner - a huge and powerful man who constantly held back and almost seemed scared of being punched himself.

Khan is still being thrown the easy meat - to get his confidence up. At some stage he will be presented with a world class opponent and then we'll know how good he really is.