PDA

View Full Version : Leather Interior

adam_shaw
30-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi All,

So after a few months without a Leather interior I really am missing it, marks on the cloth from kids sweeties are driving me mad - with the old Leather just wipe it right off, just wondered if anyone made some experience already with the options.

They are as far as I can see,

1) Re-trim INSERT INTO post VALUES (Zedy?)
2) Mitsi accessories catalogue INSERT INTO post VALUES (last years vintage) has an ad for 'let us upgrade you to a full leather interior...'
3) Try and find a suitable donor breaking someplace.

I don't want Recaros or anything like that, just the stock leather interior, any opinions or guidance would be much appreciated.

Have fun,

Adam

enigma
30-11-2003, 02:19 PM
There was a breakers round here selling a V6 with full leather and an LPG gas conversion for just £2000......I suggested a club purchase but no one was in the mind!!! I think it has gone now though, must have been £3-400 worth of value for the seats alone! Oh well, good luck in your hunt!

adam_shaw
30-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Doh!

Kieran
30-11-2003, 03:05 PM
Perhaps a good idea for an article is a list of Breakers/salvage yards that sometimes have mitsubishis in, even if they're not Galants - there's a lot of generic parts that are interchangeable...

Just a thought:)...

enigma
30-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Good call Kieran!

I still think as a club we should have bought the wrecked V6.......would have made some money for the club in the long term! Perhaps one to think about in the future!

Kieran
30-11-2003, 03:30 PM
I agree with you Dave. That V6 was cheap and didn't look like it needed a lot to make it roadworthy. Or we could have split it for parts and still made a profit.

I know there's a lot of pitfalls and things that I'm not thinking about here, but wouldn't if be great INSERT INTO post VALUES (both for the members and Club VR4's bank account) if we could get involved in this area - To quote from the front page of ClubVR4...

"Everything from parts to sourcing the cars, we cover every angle of the Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 and the Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4".... I reckon this is one of the ways we could do it!

Or am I getting delusional again?...

:confused: :Ponder:

enigma
30-11-2003, 03:39 PM
To make it work though you would need a number of like minded people to club together and stump up some cash knowing that they would not see any profit from it.

For example if 20 people had put £100 in each and then the bits sold off to raise say £2500, each of the 20 people would get their £100 back and the club would be £500 better off.

I agree that there would be issues, such as who gets the bits, who looks after the wreck etc etc but it is certainly worth considering.........I know that at least 1 member has space to store a wrecked car, and lots of people want the parts..................

Kieran
30-11-2003, 09:34 PM
...A crashed GLS. 'S' Plate. Category C, which means...

Substantial damage, but repairable by an repairer or enthusiast - The vehicle can be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs. The PAV INSERT INTO post VALUES (Pre Accident Value) exceeds £2,000 and the engineer's assessed repair costs exceed the PAV.

Don't get too scared by the word 'Substantial'. I gather than anything more than a bent door skin and a couple of broken windows/lamp units is classed as 'substantial'.

In fact, this category 'C' looks in much better shape than some category 'D's I've seen!!!

Have a look... There's potential for the price of £1400!!!

http://autos.blue-sock.com/clients/15/salvage_detail.php?count=0&makemodel=&trimlevel=&fueltype=&pics=pics&orderby=makemodel&value=14532

enigma
30-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Kieran, just though I would let you know I spotted you out last night.............

Kieran
30-11-2003, 10:18 PM
ROFLOL!!!!!!:lolz::lolz:

Can't have been me!

Do you see any polish anywhere?!:D:D

enigma
30-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Aha, but just 30 seconds later I confirmed it was you................

Kieran
30-11-2003, 10:54 PM
It's a fair Cop:D

Yes, I was about in town with a bottle of Meguiar's Deep Crystal Stage 2 in my hand..

Oh my god - I even know what kind of polish you've photoshopped in, even when it's that small:bang:

I'm scaring myself now:D

zedy1
30-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers

:lolz:

Spirit
01-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by bigdaveakers

Just next time don't hide in shame, at least take the mask off - the costume is okay if it makes you feel more comfortable :D