PDA

View Full Version : Trademe - must read for NZ'ers

bradc
22-02-2007, 03:50 AM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/Laptops/Laptops/Toshiba/auction-88428140.htm

I'm running this auction at the moment on trade me, as you can see at the top it clearly says sealed box, and the user id is blc-penrose, we are selling this on the company account.

Trademe asked us for proof of goods, and closed our account without giving us any warning at all. We couldn't answer questions, renew auctions, or anything.

They asked us to provide pictures of the unit with a recent copy of the herald in front of the notebook. I obviously didn't want to open the seal at all, so I sent them clear 3.0 megapixel photo's of the box clearly showing the serial number, the seal still in-tact, model number, and specifications.

They came back and said that they needed pictures of the actual unit itself, so I had to open the box, unseal the laptop from it's plastic bag and send them more pictures showing the serial number, model number, all with today's herald on it.

They finally unlocked our account 2 days after locking it. I'm not very happy considering I gave them all of the companies contact details, our website which has a huge selection of ibm, acer, toshiba, hp and asus notebooks on it, so they could clearly see we were a proper retail store and they still refused to accept pictures of the sealed box as proof.

What a pack of ****ing idiots, I'm really pissed off that I had to open up the notebook just to please them, I might as well have been using it for the last two months!

They also threatened to close our account entirely if we couldn't get proper pictures to them in the next 2 days, as they would deem us 'untrustworthy'

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I feel that trademe knows it can be very arrogant (0900 support number, no contact details on auctions etc) because they are in effect a monoply in NZ as an online auction, and they can use it to their advantage to do whatever the hell they feel like.

d i c k i e s
22-02-2007, 04:01 AM
nah, i havent encounterd anything like that.. but that surely does suck having to open a retail box just for them. Thats just gay putting a recent copy of the herald into the picture infront of the notebook. Trademe need to randomly search other people aswell if theyre not doing so already. there are some shady characters on there.

bradc
22-02-2007, 04:52 AM
The thing that annoys me the most is the fact they locked our account so we couldn't relist items, list new items, answer questions on auctions or anything.

Kenneth
22-02-2007, 05:52 AM
it might have somethnig to do with the type and value of the item. If it is in a certian category (ie: the police are interested in people selling these) then that might trigger this sort of action.

anyway, I think they could have handled it better. could have gone to fair go... they LOVE trademe... lol

bradc
22-02-2007, 06:50 AM
I understand that Kenneth, especially because it is a high value laptop that I started at $1 Res, but yeah they definately could have handled it better.

Rossco Type-S
22-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Someone must have complained about the auction.

They are so inconsistent. They take no action against fraudulent car listings yet will stop listings on other items for little or no reason.

bradc
22-02-2007, 07:43 AM
hehe, I know what car you're referring to there. ;)