PDA

View Full Version : Hi all changing spark plugs and ht leads

richieelliott
02-05-2003, 02:35 PM
has anyone carried this work out themselves????

any advice would be great!!!!

or if not where can i get it done correctly!

cheers richie

vr4 legnum

Spirit
02-05-2003, 11:04 PM
Hi Richie

I am just over the water from you near Plymouth - where in Cornwall are you and what VR-4 you got ?

I had my plugs done with my cambelt change - can't tell you where they are but the dealer said 3 of them are a real pain to get at so might as well do at same time as cambelt. And I remember the plugs were over £100 alone !

Pete

richieelliott
02-05-2003, 11:08 PM
im near liskeard my mate lives in plymstock so im over in plymouth most days i also work in plymouth too

i got a 1997 legnum vr4 2.5 v6 twin turbo

what about yourself???

richie

Spirit
02-05-2003, 11:12 PM
Cool - I have the saloon version - had it since mid Feb this year. So far only fitted HKS Super Power Flow but looking into exhaust as well but are a bit pricey !

Have a look on my profile for a link to my homepage for some pics.

Pete

jaysback
02-05-2003, 11:57 PM
the three plugs that you are talking about are located under the inlet manifold on the rear bank of cylinders nearest the bulkhead.
you have to remove the inlet manifold to get to them:INSERT INTO post VALUES (
dont think you need to take all of the pipes and wires off as it just pushes out of the way.
but it is a very tight fit:rolleyes:
GL
jay

zentac
04-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Yeah thats the same as the FTO, well it is almost an Identical engine. You need a special "long" spark plug tool as well as standard ones wont reach. Check your jack handle bag, the FTO`s came with the tool as standard so I assume the VR4 will as well. May have been removed by its last owner though.

Spirit
05-05-2003, 12:31 AM
Richie

Just to let you know that Rodgers of Plymouth INSERT INTO post VALUES (who are listed as a Ralliart dealer) where not interested in doing the cambelt and plugs on my VR-4 - they weren't sure if they had the right tools !

In the end I went to David Meek in Torquay. The service we received there was excellent INSERT INTO post VALUES (if a little inconvenient going all that way) and they even lent me a car when the car wasn't ready at 5pm - had the cambelt, plugs and AYC fluid changed for £520. Ask to speak to Dudley in the service department and he will look after you.

Pete