PDA

View Full Version : Hello! I'm new and i want a VR-4!!!!

darrenorient
22-02-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey all,

I am looking at buying a VR-4 at the moment and been searching round the tinternet and found this site - which is bloody brilliant!!

I currently drive a Honda Accord Type-R. Great car but its got v high mileage now so im looking for a change, most cars bore me but i think im in love with the VR-4 and i havent even driven one yet!!

One question, ideally i would like to get a UK spec - are there many around or will i have to pay a lot for this? Are there any major differences between the Jap and UK specs?

Anyway, i'm going to go test drive one on Saturday wooohooo!!!

/rally

Lillywotsername
22-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey good luck for Saturday.... but if it doesn't pan out to be your perfect car, have a look in our classified section.... There is quite a few really nice ones in there.

Anyway.../Welcome and hope you enjoy the club.

bernmc
22-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Buyers guide under the resources tab. Plenty of people here will go and look at a car with you. Just ply them with beer.

Ralliart officially imported about 200 cars. I spoke to them when I imported mine form japland - very little was done to the official imports - just a basic UK conversion that any SVA'd import will have. No fueling/ecu changes etc.

The UK cars did have recaros and a bit of interior decoration. You will pay a bit more for them.

Have a look in the 'classifieds' section of the site - this is by far the safest way to buy a VR4. Most of the cars advertised there are well known to the club - history smeared all over these pages!

A couple of people here have had their fingers burned buying elsewhere :)

Nick VR4
22-02-2007, 03:10 PM
/Welcome2 to the forum

darrenorient
22-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the info, yeh i have looked at the classifieds - might well go and see a couple.

I suppose i'm a little weary of jap imports because i have heard some bad things about them, although there seems to be plenty of happy people...

Nick Mann
22-02-2007, 03:16 PM
As Bern says, the UK cars were still JDM, but SVA'd by Mitsubishi UK. They still had an aftermarket foglamp and a speedo converted from kmph.

The official imports are all facelift cars, so you will pay a premium for it being newer. I'm not sure if you will pay a premium simply because it is an official import.

Do you want a saloon or an estate? Whichever, there are worse places to look than our own classifieds section. Also, whereabouts are you? Maybe there's a local member who will show you his!!

White Lightning
22-02-2007, 03:23 PM
Welcome to Club VR-4 /Wyhy

darrenorient
22-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Nick - I'm going for the saloon.

Cheers for the info all!

WildCards
22-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Got any info on your ATR Darren, always loved those. All the best in your search for a VR4, you've come to the right place as all the best ones end up here.
Have a nose around and swat up on what's been covered before and you'll love the car when you get one.

Brunty
22-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Hi darrenorient,
Welcome to the forums, enjoy your time here, hope you what you're looking for!

Cheers
Steve

Wodjno
22-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the info, yeh i have looked at the classifieds - might well go and see a couple.

I suppose i'm a little weary of jap imports because i have heard some bad things about them, although there seems to be plenty of happy people...

Welcome to the site Darren :D

If your weary of Jap Imports, then you are best sticking with this club and even sticking with the choice of cars for sale on the site.. It's better the devil you know, than the 1 you don't.. What i mean is that the majority of cars for sale on this site have been correctly maintained and looked after.. This is a Priority when considering purchasing a car as complex as a VR4..

Good luck ... And let us know where the cars are that your looking at are, cos there probably a site member close by, that can help you take a look over it.. Best not to buy a VR4 with your heart :scholar:

darrenorient
22-02-2007, 07:50 PM
You guys (and girls!?) are brilliant, thanks for the offers of help with looking at them - and of course i would rather buy from people that i know have looked after the car.

I quite like this:

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php?product=98&sort=1&cat=10&page=1

Although i'm in two minds about auto/manual at the moment!

Alex
22-02-2007, 07:57 PM
It's already been said, but /Welcome2 to CVR4. I'm sure you'll love the cars even more once you've test driven them.

Hope you enjoy the club too. And yes - we do have female members - partners are welcome in the club too :)

Lillywotsername
22-02-2007, 08:29 PM
And yes - we do have female members - partners are welcome in the club too :)

/Wave /Poms /woot2 :iloveyou:

Kieran
22-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm sure you'll love the cars even more once you've test driven them.

Thankyou Alex! More ammo for the 'My Wife should drive my VR-4 because it would be cool and I'm pretty sure she'd like it' argument! :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

bradc
23-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Welcome to the forum. IMHO I wouldn't worry too much about whether the fact that the car is a jap import or not, as Nick already covered, they are the same car anyway, just with a foglight attached by mitsi, and thats about it!

More important is age, gearbox type, colour, how much you've got, etc.