PDA

View Full Version : Ikea Neasden

n13l pm
25-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Saw a leggy pulling in to the Ikea car park, as I was driving out. Got a hands up when I flashed.. I guess it must be a memeber..

jayjay99
25-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Saw a leggy pulling in to the Ikea car park, as I was driving out. Got a hands up when I flashed.. I guess it must be a memeber..

Yep I am :-), thought I'd come on to post a 'Was this you?' but you beat me to it! I saw you had a HID conversion and it looked well looked after, also thought must be a member! Nice motor! :thumbsup:

n13l pm
25-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Nice one mate. Your ride was looking nice too. I luv driving around during day time with HIDs, they look mint which ever part of the day :smug:. Nightmare getting in and out of Ikea on a sunday! and the idea of parking in bays!! hate it, cant trust these people swinging their doors around!!! :veryangry

jayjay99
25-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Tell me about it! It took me ages to park but luckily I got a space on the end so that halved the risk! I do think the HIDs look wicked though, did you do them yourself? If so what kit were they?

n13l pm
25-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Yeah I did it myself, I got a kit from ebay from someone in hong kong. I think it came to sumthing just under £100 all in with tax, thats because I got taxed but theres a chance you might not. But if you check ebay you will notice kits going for cheaper. I think finding a UK supplier will be a better idea, even if it cost a wee bit more, that way you get some sort of cover on the kit. Theres also a minor bit of modding you have to do to the bulb holder in the lamp, but its quite easy, theres some threads on here.

n13l pm
25-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Did you notice my eye brows? might not of, you was a bit far. I fitted them this weekend.

jayjay99
25-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Ah cool, cheers. I didn't I'm afraid, it was starting to get a bit dark though. Plus a few mm below then you've some very bright lights! lol

jayjay99
25-02-2007, 10:52 PM
You'll have to post a piccie when you have one.

jayjay99
25-02-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm meant to be selling my car soon, but I'm down browsing ebay for HID conversions!

*Edited* Just looking through the Vr-4 pictures and saw the eyebrows, does look good!

n13l pm
25-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm meant to be selling my car soon, but I'm down browsing ebay for HID conversions!

Joker. It differently makes a difference. Well worth it. I know there was a thread on a HID kit some members found on ebay from a UK based company for £135, for a kit worth a lot more. Try searching for HID kit on here im sure you will find the thread, found it http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19613&highlight=hid+kit

As for my eye brows i uploaded a picture here http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21967

jayjay99
26-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I've caught the bug again! Since I replied to your first post I've spent the whole time looking through all posts on the site that I've missed and seen stuff that people have done to their cars........ it's annoying cos I've recently pulled all my gauges out and been getting it back to standard, last thing I had to do was the DV, now I'm looking dash reconstruction, CF bonnets and, of course, HID's. Thanks, for the link, gonna look into it now.