Southward car museum in Paraparaumu

on Sat 10th March 2007

maybe we can all try to get it together this time /bounce/Banana

spread the word if you see other VR4s around /secret

the more the merrier /Wyhy

VR4 MAD
27-02-2007, 03:26 AM
Well this threads really humming along...................NOT./pan

Come on now..........where are all the Welly members.

Seems like a good idea to me. I'm keen and would be a starter...........anyone else. :inquisiti

/toycar

Rosco_NZ
27-02-2007, 06:21 AM
could be keen if ive got a WOF by then... but thats another thread

d i c k i e s
27-02-2007, 09:46 PM
sounds like a plan... 40min drive? more like 20min... jokes!

sounds cool.

Oggie
27-02-2007, 09:52 PM
oh crap wont be able to make. :(

VR4 MAD
27-02-2007, 10:09 PM

Got an alternative date you could make? This date was just our idea and isn't fixed in stone. If people can't make this we could change...........maybe.

Just a thought..............:5shots:

/toycar

dixon8
27-02-2007, 11:39 PM

we are flexible regarding the date.

hoping to get as many VR4 together this time, the more the merrier

/Welcome2 /Welcome2 /Welcome2 /Welcome2 /haz /haz

d i c k i e s
28-02-2007, 12:37 AM

where abouts you live bro? u in welli itself... what do ya drive?

rayray24
28-02-2007, 06:59 AM
You know i'll be there!! Just say when and where Chur!!

Rosco_NZ
02-03-2007, 02:06 AM
/rally

d i c k i e s
02-03-2007, 04:03 AM
ill just catch up wif yous when you fullas come out to porirua. hahaha!

rayray24
04-03-2007, 11:03 AM
So whats the happs dixon?? Are we still going for a fang to pram, i'll make sure i bring my camera this time! :afro:

dixon8
05-03-2007, 01:29 AM
So whats the happs dixon?? Are we still going for a fang to pram

come on guys, response to this meet is R E A L L Y s l o w
I count 4 or maybe 5 reponses. /Grrr

how about meeting at around 11am on Sat at BP Mana.:speechles

then trek to Pram car museum from there. /rally

how does that sound :inquisiti

rayray24
05-03-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm in, see you there! Same as above come on guys lets make a bit of effot!

SIGGS8
05-03-2007, 05:08 AM
hey guys i am keen for a cruise would be good to catch up again and meet some more members

Rosco_NZ
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Sounds fun im in at the moment...

dixon8
05-03-2007, 10:42 PM
well the numbers are SLOWLY creeping up.

see if we can encourage others to join in

would be nice if we can get numbers into double figures

just think a NICE drive then GREAT cars to look at and EXCELLENT get together for some car talk.

come on lets see if we can do better WELLINGTON VR4 people.

d i c k i e s
05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
sweet, ill see if the misus wants to come or not.

hope weather is good, been good for the last few weeks. be nice to see that new accquired bonnet of VR4 MAD's. (the one i missed out on!) hehehe..

rayray24
06-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Agreed i want to see his bonnet too! I just wish my b.o.v turned up!

VR4 MAD
07-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Right guys, just a quick post to keep this thread moving along.........:pimp2:

I'm a starter as said before and I've spoken to another follow enthusiast (Legnum owner) who doesn't have access to the internet and he's also keen, though work commitments Saturday morning mean he'll be meeting us up at Southwards latter in the day.

Weather forecast (who believes them anyway /Grrr ) for Saturday seem good, so all looks good to go.

And yes I've got the carbon bonnet on, though still needs some work, adjusting and rubber seals etc...but getting there. /pan

/toycar

d i c k i e s
07-03-2007, 01:51 AM
ohh well plans are up in the air at the moment for me on staturday. misus got a text last night, that her mate and kids are going to the zoo.. so ill get back to yous to confirm.

rayray24
07-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm going to be there!! Even better news is that my b.o.v turned up. YAH!!!

rayray24
07-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi all

Just heard from my brother who will be marshalling at the wellington car
club ,that on sunday march 11th there is the annual hill climb up alexander road mount vic about 50+ cars so far ,I dont want to hijack the thread but it would make for a very entertaining day out Starts at 9am running all day

Cheers

dixon8
07-03-2007, 10:04 PM
misus got a text last night, that her mate and kids are going to the zoo.. so ill get back to yous to confirm.

HEY YOU CONFIRMED FIRST SO I THINK YOU SHOULD GET THE CAR TO COME ALONG WITH US :speechles

SEE IF YOU CAN MAKE IT.

d i c k i e s
08-03-2007, 12:12 AM
hahaha... ill have an answer by tonight. at the moment its a maybe. usually it comes down to how the day is. thats how its been anyway. last minute changes.

sweet.

SIGGS8
08-03-2007, 04:47 AM
just for clarification we are planning to meet 11am at bp mana ?
Is there anyone from the hutt who wants to meet up at melling bp then cruise out to mana?

rayray24
08-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Guys i gotta to work on sat now (only got told today) i tried my hardest to get out of it to f%#k it all /Grrr Sorry! I really wanted to go too!!!

d i c k i e s
08-03-2007, 08:11 AM
ok, no ansa just yet....

depends how this goes ill confirm, at the moment the car is playing up. car doesnt want to start sometimes and sometimes it does. have a few theorys as to what it could be.

1. Battery
2. Alternator
3. Ignition
4. Alarm

those are just a few. car might go in tomorrow to an auto electrician. depends if i have time. and from there ill let you know. cos at the moment, car wasnt working an hour ago. now it is. this has been happeing for over a week now.

ill post more info later, i gotta go since the car is working now.

d i c k i e s
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
booo what a sh!t one.

its playing up again. PHUCK!

15min after my last post. pissing me off now. car wont even start now. (again)... it was workin a few minutes ago. now its phucked again. now the auto electrician has to come out to me.

rayray24
08-03-2007, 11:21 AM
Alternator!!!!!! Had that happen to me bro!!

VR4 MAD
09-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Is there anyone from the hutt who wants to meet up at melling bp then cruise out to mana?

Yea, could be a plan if you want.

I've got to stop off in Porirua to collect some stuff so I'll need an extra twenty minutes added to our estimated travelling time.

Say between 10 and 10.15 at BP Melling? If we can get away from Melling nearer 10, we could pick up Dixon8 along the way up the Porirua motorway as well.

Any others. :speechles

/toycar

d i c k i e s
09-03-2007, 12:55 AM
yeah ill find out this afternoon sometime. (fingers crossed)

VR4 MAD
09-03-2007, 09:05 PM

SIGGS8......if you see this before leaving, I'll stop by BP Melling on the way between 10 and 10.15, otherwise I'll see everyone at Mana BP at 11(ish).

/toycar

Rosco_NZ
10-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Bugger, the hangover got the better of me today, only just got out of bed.
might go along to that hill-climb mentioned earlier in the thread 2mrw though.

d i c k i e s
10-03-2007, 04:54 AM
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22868

well, i got it to go... but a little to late i think. maybe we could leave cell numbers next time.

dixon8
12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Another disappointing turn out last weekend - only managed to get 3 along to BP Mana! :zzz: :oops:

However we did meet up with another keen Legnum VR4 that just happened to be at the meeting place by chance - making our numbers to 4. /Welcome2

May have another joining too, a manual VR4 sedan in the process of purchasing on the weekend. :2thumbsup

hopefully next time we can get a better response. :happy:

d i c k i e s
13-03-2007, 04:01 AM
keen for next time. car seems okay now (pitty it wasnt later in the afternoon) i would have made it... waiting to hear back for some more info on the alarm itself. something to do with the imobiliser not function properly. but will see!

CANDEE
15-03-2007, 04:15 AM
keen for next time. car seems okay now (pitty it wasnt later in the afternoon) i would have made it... waiting to hear back for some more info on the alarm itself. something to do with the imobiliser not function properly. but will see!

Is your problem with the car cranking over but not firing?? But will fire eventually with gas applied? If so mine was doing that on sun evening... /Grrr

d i c k i e s
15-03-2007, 04:50 AM
not sure bro? theres no clicks when i go to turn it over. i still got the problem. car is in the shop at the moment, will find out tonight. if not tomorrow, i hear the guy is pretty busy at the moment. im hoping its just an alarm issue. ie immobiliser or something. cos then it wont cost me nothing to fix..

dixon8
16-03-2007, 03:56 AM
here's a pic taken last weekend at Southward car museum, paraparaumu

2 white Legnum VR4s and 2 Galant VR4 sedans

hoping for a better turnout next meet/Grrr

d i c k i e s
16-03-2007, 05:27 AM
whos legnum on the left?

update:
ive just got my car back from the auto electrician, (20min ago) he soldred some wires back together underneath the dash, he sez that they were loose. The wires for the alarm i presume, reckons it might do the trick, as it would start everytime. but if it doesnt start again for any reason to take it back to the people who installed the alarm.

hope not, cos these are real a$$hole people!

bradc
16-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Some of the best meets we've had only had 5 or 6 people, such as the wellsford 2005 run, and the tauranga meet.

Oggie
17-03-2007, 05:02 AM
where abouts you live bro? u in welli itself... what do ya drive?

Sorry for lack of replies guys... just had a semi dirty weekend LOL

I drive a Legnum STR..

I know not a VR4.. more like a VR not quite /Grrr

I just need alloys now and i have a sweet ride. at the mo them factory alloys look sad in deed.

I am in porirua actually.

d i c k i e s
18-03-2007, 06:54 AM
tru bro where abouts in porirua? prolly seen you around... though i dont take much notice of non VR4s. but if its kitted out and stuff imma look twice!

Oggie
19-03-2007, 04:03 AM
tru bro where abouts in porirua? prolly seen you around... though i dont take much notice of non VR4s. but if its kitted out and stuff imma look twice!

I am at ascot... I need some ALLOYS fast.. as Factories byte the big one...

cant miss my car.. lol only white ice berg around. ( car is white )

yeah i am more about looks than speed. i got sfa points on my DL as it is. another ticket of ANY sort means i am not driving.

d i c k i e s
19-03-2007, 04:41 AM
bro so many white legnums out ascot... not even funny. a few VR4s out ascot but i dont have a chance to go chat with them.

VR4 MAD
19-03-2007, 04:43 AM
i got sfa points on my DL as it is. another ticket of ANY sort means i am not driving.

Funny that...............me too..................any sort of ticket and I'm walking........... :end: /Grrr /pan /pan

And boy is this driving like a granny to stay out of trouble boring............../Hissy /Hissy /Hissy :bigcry:

Maybe our cars are becoming a bit of a police target me wonders...........could it be the VR4 is loosing it's stealth weapon status maybe:speechles /Grrr

/toycar

Oggie
19-03-2007, 04:48 AM
bro so many white legnums out ascot... not even funny. a few VR4s out ascot but i dont have a chance to go chat with them.

try desert gold...

d i c k i e s
19-03-2007, 04:49 AM
i believe so, VR4s are being targeted. Thats just me though. i was pulled up so many times in my 93 Galant VR4. and since ive owned my legnum, ive only been pulled up once. speeding up nauranga gorge. was behind a truck, and pulled out and going up there is 80. i was caught doing a hundy! ... all good though. i was also racing a granny!

d i c k i e s
19-03-2007, 04:50 AM
i drive past there a few times.. in a week. will look out next time...

Oggie
19-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Funny that...............me too..................any sort of ticket and I'm walking........... :end: /Grrr /pan /pan

And boy is this driving like a granny to stay out of trouble boring............../Hissy /Hissy /Hissy :bigcry:

Maybe our cars are becoming a bit of a police target me wonders...........could it be the VR4 be loosing it's stealth weapon status maybe:speechles /Grrr

/toycar

actually now i think about it... I might have a few more points but yes...

Radar detector has saved my bacon alot.

I got two speeding tickets in a mx 5 LOL

Both while working.

i must admit only think close to speeding i done was almost a year ago. whangarei to Porirua via wanganui in 9 hours in the same mx5. /pan

got rid of it almost as soon as i made welly a few days later.

0TNIC
21-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Oh dear you are everywhere oggie :P

d i c k i e s
22-03-2007, 09:19 AM
hmmmm?

Oggie
25-03-2007, 03:42 AM
Oh dear you are everywhere oggie :P

you know me.. i got plenty of me to spread around.. i cant help it if i am absolutly sexilisicous :pimp2: