PDA

View Full Version : How much to rent a race track??

rayray24
02-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Does anyone know how much it wound cost to hire a track for the day?? I would really like to get a track day sorted for club vr4 and wanted to see if anyone knew? :thinking:

I've being told about $1300 for the likes of taupo But manfeild is meant to be alot cheaper!

Also if people can tell me if this a good idea or not & if they might just come? :inquisiti

It won't be for a while about 4-5 months away but i have wanted to go on track & race ever since my first legnum! /rally

bradc
02-03-2007, 05:08 AM
I'm always keen and ready to pay :)

djb160
02-03-2007, 05:32 AM
it wont just be cash. They'll probably have some participating number of cars requirement too

djb160
02-03-2007, 05:33 AM
Very cool idea though, not that I can join in. :(

mpau009
02-03-2007, 05:34 AM
I think someone looked into this before, and its not insanely expensive, but there were some extras, like track insurance, and safety people etc, my guess is that if you could get around 15-20 cars together it would be doable, and that taupo track looks like a bit of fun:thinking:

Realistically though i think CVR4 would need to look at doing a combined event with another club to really make sure that it can be pulled off.

Rosco_NZ
02-03-2007, 05:35 AM
i'd probably be keen in 4-5 months, no funds what so ever at moment though.

rayray24
02-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Yeah i was really thinking of manfield cost they don't charge to much & was told that it will be a while before i could book taupo!

Yeah if we get 20+ people then that will frickin awesome, then it would only cost about $100 each!

I will find out and post back, Watch this space for more info. But as i said maybe in 4-5 months when we all have had a bit of warning to find the time and money! Plus it will be better if a proper date and place is confirmed

rayray24
02-03-2007, 06:54 AM
There is this, link:http://www.manfeild.co.nz/news_article.asp?ArticleID=405&return=index&page=1 /rally

I'm sure it we could show up a few people that think they have fast cars!

I will still find out how much it costs thou! :thinking:

Subaru ETA
02-03-2007, 07:20 AM
well im keen.. we were talking at work bout taking a friday off and going to pukehohe for the day... there was me in the mighty vr4, a wrx, siliva, 2 evos, laural rb25dett, 180sx and a gtr....we are all keen to get out on the track

d i c k i e s
02-03-2007, 08:55 AM
ill be keen to just show up. even cheaper! hahaha

VR4 MAD
02-03-2007, 09:04 AM
This was suggested last year sometime and IIRC one of the constraints was that most summer weekends were already gone with normal race meetings etc and of the remaining weekends, all bar one had already been booked.

Sometime late March or early April was the unbooked weekend, but that was way back mid last year sometime. You obviously have to book way in advance, like now for next year. Not sure about winter or autumn weekends though.

Hope that helps. And yes I'd be keen as well.

Also there may have been a bond or insurance issue to get through as well, just can't remember the details.

/toycar

Spirit
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
About time you NZ guys had a track event........go for it !

Costs seem very cheap.....over here it's like £5000+ to hire any of the tracks !

CANDEE
03-03-2007, 08:25 AM
One thing everyone who attends will need to get will a fire extinquisher with metal brackets installed somewhere in the front seat..

There was a lot of stuff goin on about it at the MMC track day/grasskana.. :)

Xeroid
04-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Probably be a starter, maybe both cars.
Where's the Mansfield Track ?
Done Pukekohe in a BMW ( BMW Drive day ) but love to let the Legnum go down a long back straight.
Helmet, cotton overalls and Fire extinguisher I think is the minimum requirements.
And your insurance is invalid . . . . if they find out.

Gly
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
i cpuld be keen now that i may be getting a manual vr4 :P

depends on final cost of course

rayray24
04-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Where's the Mansfield Track ?

Aucklanders aye!! lol!! It's in a small town called feilding, just outside of palmy north!

Umm yeah all of the safty things are needed and you have to get st john ambo just in case! /pan
Cost will really depend on how many poeple want to come! It souldn't be any more than $70 - $100 pp!

How does october sound? I know it's a bit far away but gives us and me time to get the show on the road!
Looks like i have a busy week ahaed then!! I'll find answers to most of your guy questions by the end of the week! :speechles

rayray24
05-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Alright guys and gals! I got in contact with a guy from manfeild today and he told me that it costs $2000 to hire the track and we WILL need a st john ambo there (just in case) and a fire extinquisher!

So if we where to get 20 members then it would be $100 each, 30 members thenit would be $66 etc....!

It will be on sat the 27th of oct, only if we get the amount of poeple needed!
I'll start a poll soon!

For all you auckland guys it might cost a bit more (travel etc..) But in my eyes it will be worth it And if you want a place to stay then i have plenty of room at my house in welly!

Thank you all for the replys and i hope we can do this!

Kenneth
05-03-2007, 02:23 AM
I am keen... should be back on the road by then, and hopefully the Galant will be a track day beast :)

btw, here is the track:

rayray24
05-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Nice thanks for the map! I did forget to say that it's only the 3km track which is not the "chris amon, ken smith and iplex pipeline" parts! Sorry!

d i c k i e s
05-03-2007, 03:27 AM
so is that per person? or per car thats racing on track?.. what about spectators? still the same.

rayray24
05-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Per car on track! For Spectators it will be $5! But remember the more cars we get the cheaper it becomes! Don't tell me that you'er not going to have a blat bro come on you know you want to lol!

d i c k i e s
05-03-2007, 04:10 AM
hahaha... no doubt.

djb160
05-03-2007, 05:40 AM
but you do NEED some spectators to take pics for those you cant make it. :)

rayray24
05-03-2007, 07:49 AM
We will be needing time keepers and yeah some people to take some photos!

Also if you say yes in the poll then that means your bringing and intead to drive your car! I just need to get a count so i can book and pay for the track! It is manly for vr4's but if you have any mates then sweet! I just don't want crazy people that are likley to cause crashes and so forth! /Grrr

Gly
05-03-2007, 08:01 AM
the $100 includes the ambo service ah??

rayray24
05-03-2007, 08:16 AM
Umm No! But i will ring them to see how much! But at the mo it's just the cost for the track! I got 5 people so far...!

Gly
05-03-2007, 08:24 AM
you better ring them,
there not cheap i dont think!

ive voted yes,
but would have to confirm closer to the actual day, (2 months out)
7 months is a bit far ahead still, im a 80% commited

rayray24
05-03-2007, 08:38 AM
That's cool dude! I just want to see if i should book the track then will run other poll in 5 months and get every one to pay the money staight to manfeild or me but i'm not to sure on how that works yet? I have PMed dickytim to see that is done!

If i get 20+ then it's a go!!

mpau009
05-03-2007, 08:39 AM
And I make 6, as long as it stays around the 100ish mark, cars running, yada yada yada

Xeroid
05-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Hmmm, long hike down on a Friday then a burn on Sat then back Sunday. Prolly not although I'd like to. Count me as a No/Maybe. Shame that the Labour weekend previous to this date isn't available. 3 days for the long haulers to get there, run and back.

Subaru ETA
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
im a most proably at the mo will know closer to the time... however im abit concerned about the aucks members driving back with boiled brake fluid!!!

GroundControl
05-03-2007, 11:08 AM
yep, i cooked my brakes last time at Pukekohe - you want to be careful about that...

d i c k i e s
05-03-2007, 10:53 PM
You want to be carefull on everything. or else you wont be driving home with your ride. hence the reason i dont really wanna let it rip. Cos theres that slight possibility something could go wrong. Not saying there is, but i LOVE my car too much for it to do something stupid.

Spirit
05-03-2007, 10:59 PM
I edited your poll to split the No and Maybe options........just made more sense IMO....hope that's ok

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 12:20 AM
btw, here is the track:

That looks pretty tidy as a track. "Chris Amon" corner....now there's a name I've not heard in a while.

rayray24
06-03-2007, 07:37 AM
I edited your poll to split the No and Maybe options

That's alright!!

As for rooting your car, it's not going to be a all out race to see who can come first. More like a chance to get your car up to and over the speed limit, i know that i'm going to be putting knew brake pads on before hand!!

Kenneth
06-03-2007, 09:38 PM
As for rooting your car, it's not going to be a all out race to see who can come first.
Who said? :inquisiti /haz

More like a chance to get your car up to and over the speed limit, i know that i'm going to be putting knew brake pads on before hand!!

I would also take a spare set of brake pads, or at least you old but still functional ones. If you destroy your pads, you want to be able to get home!

Subaru ETA
07-03-2007, 07:17 AM
so does anyone know what we need in our car to get on the track?

rayray24
07-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Just a helmet and .9 fire extinquisher, But a few people have told me that they didn't need one when they did their track day, i'm ringing the manfeild guys again tomorrow to get more info!

bradc
07-03-2007, 08:16 AM
didn't need a fire extinguisher for pukekohe

chris g
08-03-2007, 11:52 PM
We had a trackday in 2005 when I was in NZ for a year working - went to Pukekohe for a full day and mixture of cars

Organised through someone with Vodafone IIRC and quite a few VR-4 turned up - mostly Legnums but I was in 7G hatchback and our MR2 that we also had out there

So I have been in on first trackday attendance in UK at CC when Posse was forming and we met for first Club 'get together' and probably first 'get together' at ta rackday in NZ as well

So they have had a trackday in NZ!

And I was there!

But it was wet, windy..................and great fun in the VR-4!!!

VR4 MAD
09-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Well I'm a starter too............with all the previously mentioned provisos. /Grrr

Better get started on getting the car ready then................Brembos on, Teins..........the list goes on. /pan

Then all it will need is someone who can really drive. :speechles /rally

/toycar

GroundControl
09-03-2007, 02:08 AM
Yeah that was a fun trackday at Pukekohe, and I remember seeing the 7g there...

(in fact I just found it in my pics from the day) /yes

rayray24
09-03-2007, 02:28 AM
I have just finshed talking with stephine from manfeild and she pretty much said that we can't just pay the money and drive!! The only two ways they it can get the go ahead is A) we get a permit from motorsport nz (which takes a long time) or B) it's a "driving school" day with a proper person running it..... blah blah blah.

So it's not looking to good at that mo but i will keep tying, i have a few contacts in the motorsport world so with any luck we can still go. Cheers.

Subaru ETA
09-03-2007, 06:37 AM
would it be an idea to go to pukekohe on a friday when they have open track?? however it would be gay having all the others out there....

keep up the good work rayray!

bradc
09-03-2007, 10:27 PM
a driving school day wouldn't be bad though, infact I think it would be damned good fun!

Munta
12-03-2007, 01:26 AM
i have been to a couple track days... both on the taupo track... 1 in my old car and 1 in the leggy... both hugely fun... didnt have fire extinsher (cant spell haha) organiser tried to have 1 at every marshall point. he didnt have ambo there either... i think he organised it as a driver learning day as he had a local track guru there...
had bout 30-35 cars there and was $50pp
all i did for the leggy was oil change, brake fluid change with some 305 degree c stuff and a set of nice pads from race brakes... i suggest just give them a call for your brakes ' 0800BRAKES '... mine still mint, track day was end nov last year and since i have travelled round south Is from aucks and back...
im down for a maybe would be kool to go on the track with other vr4s there :)

bradc
12-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Munta, what club did you go with, and do you know who organised it?

d i c k i e s
12-03-2007, 07:41 AM
im a maybe. dont want to jinx myself with a yes.

Munta
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Munta, what club did you go with, and do you know who organised it?

i went with NZhondas (use to own a typeR teg) and yea i know who organised i can provide his number thru pm only. he has only ever organised 2 track days him self.. but mansfeild track mite have different rules compared to taupo