PDA

View Full Version : lambda sensor

psbarham
03-03-2007, 10:10 AM
after spending the last 3 hrs wearing out the search button on here , i am still no nearer ending my quest . does any one know where to get a new lambda sensor from at a sensible price ?

Louis
03-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Put in a claim against dirty petrol? along with everyone else with a fecked lamda sensor!

Wodjno
03-03-2007, 11:53 AM
after spending the last 3 hrs wearing out the search button on here , i am still no nearer ending my quest . does any one know where to get a new lambda sensor from at a sensible price ?

What is your definition of "Sensible Price" :speechles

Have you contacted Mo ?? Or anyone who's car is no more that may still have parts left ??

Kieran
03-03-2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/muniversal.htm

Wodjno
03-03-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.lambdasensor.com/main/muniversal.htm

Nice 1 Kieran :pimp2:

Wasn't you tempted to post a Pan Smiley followed by a Smug Smiley :scholar:

One thing i will add about Universal Lambda Sensors is.. Our Sensor har a fairly long probe at the end, this is needed because our sensors are mounted at an about a 45 degree angle into the exhaust.(VR4 anyway) Because of this angle if the probe is to short it won't sit in the flow of emmisions correctly and may give a false reading.. So it is paramount that the probe be at least as long as the standard 1..
If these are shorter, it is possible to drill another hole close to the original and mount the New sensor at a 90 degree angle so it then sits correctly in the flow.. Then just put a bung in the original hole..

Just food for thought :D

Kieran
03-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Glenn, is the bosch probe that comes with the LC-1 long enough?

Wodjno
03-03-2007, 07:26 PM

For what ?? To use in place of the OE one ?? In the original hole no.. i installed it in there and was getting weird readings.. it needs to be installed flush, not at an angle ...

Kieran
03-03-2007, 07:29 PM
For what ?? To use in place of the OE one ?? In the original hole no.. i installed it in there and was getting weird readings.. it needs to be installed flush, not at an angle ...

Right, so presumably you'd have tap a new hole in your downpipes and weld in a bung at 90 degrees to the pipe wall in order to use the LC-1 as an OEM replacement?

Wodjno
03-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Right, so presumably you'd have tap a new hole in your downpipes and weld in a bung at 90 degrees to the pipe wall in order to use the LC-1 as an OEM replacement?

That is correct..

Do you have an LC-1 ready to go in ??

Kenneth is using an LC-1 to control is closed loop emmisions.. Ask how he has done his ..

Kieran
03-03-2007, 08:23 PM
That is correct..

Do you have an LC-1 ready to go in ??

Cheers Glenn.

Not yet, however I am just about to buy one with a wideband sensor (so if you can do better than the £155 all in off of ebay, let me know!), as I now have need of one.

I will talk to Ken regarding using it as an OEM replacement - this is the intention.

Davezj
03-03-2007, 08:35 PM

£210 from camskill. is that sensible? doesn't seem to OTT to me.

or you can get 4 wire universal lamda sensors on ebay last time i checked £15.

Hope this helps Dave

Gly
03-03-2007, 10:24 PM
ken had aftermarket downpipes (tuned length fujitsubo)
and the fitting for the lamda was already setup at 90 degrees, no need to mod for him

Kenneth
03-03-2007, 10:55 PM

I don't think the probe length is really important.

Yes, you can fit the LC-1 into the standard bung without any trouble. I had the LC-1 in both the aftermarket exhaust and the standard.

Kenneth
03-03-2007, 10:56 PM
ken had aftermarket downpipes (tuned length fujitsubo)
and the fitting for the lamda was already setup at 90 degrees, no need to mod for him

no, I am pretty sure it was in the standard mounting position.

Kieran
03-03-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't think the probe length is really important.

Yes, you can fit the LC-1 into the standard bung without any trouble. I had the LC-1 in both the aftermarket exhaust and the standard.

Ken, I presume you used the LC-1's probe in the standard bung to emulate the OEM sensor? How did you do this? Just chop the narrow band output from the LC-1 into the standard engine harness?

Kenneth
04-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Ken, I presume you used the LC-1's probe in the standard bung to emulate the OEM sensor? How did you do this? Just chop the narrow band output from the LC-1 into the standard engine harness?

I spliced the first (already programmed for narrow-band simulation) analog output from the LC-1 into the O2 sensor wiring AFTER the narrow band connector plug. Then I just un-plugged the narrow-band and took it right out of the car.
Fortunatly the ECU on the VR-4 does not monitor the heater circuit, and therfore doesn't complain when you un-plug it. Might give a diagnostic code if you check, but no CEL.

easy as that really.

Wodjno
04-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Ok .. Coayod..