PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS6

Physician
04-03-2007, 06:54 AM
What beautiful cars they are :thinking:

Audi RS6 (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11342&page=2)

rayray24
04-03-2007, 07:16 AM
WAS a beautiful car! God damn! That has to be one of the safest cars around for him to Just walk away!

berg1987
04-03-2007, 07:32 AM
he should buy a lotto ticket, thats incredible!

psbarham
04-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Christ , i have seen bulldozers come off worse than that after hitting a tree , very lucky man

Dan_G
04-03-2007, 09:00 AM
jeysus!... he must have had a force field around him..

WildCards
04-03-2007, 09:19 AM
Can't believe he's trying to sell it on ebay (further down in the link) saying the engine is ok. Doesn't look very ok to me. He is a lucky boy anyway to come out of that virtually inscathed.

White Lightning
04-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Jeeezus !!! I can't believe that someone could get out of that alive ... one very very lucky guy

Nick VR4
04-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Very Lucky guy

Snip

What you see is what you get, i.e. there was no cutting of the vehicle prior to the pictures being taken.
It is my brother-in-law that you see holding the mobile phone, he honestly doesn't know the speed that he was going at but wasn't near as fast as he has done in the past on that particular part of the road.

Although the road was completely dry he said that it felt he was on ice and the car just careened into the tree. He actually called the emergency services and climbed out of the car by himself, he spent only a couple of hours in hospital, apart from a few minor scratches he got a bandage around his little finger, I told him if he's not already religious he should take it up ASAP!

The car WAS a pristine RS6 ABT, I was supposed to pick it up that very day to borrow it from him for a week as I've always wanted to try out the ABT version. He really should have simply told me that he didn't want me to drive his car http://www.rs6.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif I'm so happy he is alive and all in one piece.

Brunty
04-03-2007, 02:20 PM
That's amazing! The comment about trees = guillotine is quite correct, they are to be avoided at all costs.

Aside from the trees which seem to be spaced about 1 RS6 apart, it looks like the ideal spot to come off the road*, gently sloping grassy field beyond the trees or ploughed field on the otherside.

*if that's not too daft a statement.

HowieP
04-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Look at the lack of damage around the drivers seat, not difficult to see how he escaped so lightly. His only "luck" was the fact the car hit where it did and he was going fast enough for the concentrated impact force to split the shell rather than more slowly bend and crush it which is normally the case especially with modern reinforcements against side impacts...Don't think anyone sitting in the back would have faired quite so well.

Wodjno
05-03-2007, 11:25 PM
"Cut 'n' Shut" Maybe ? :speechles

jayjay99
07-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Thread is now removed, had a look on their forun and they said this:

About the "Alive ! ! ! ! !" thread

For your information.

Too many forums, eBay etc. linked to RS6.com. Over 2700 people online at the same time! New record by x10 at least!

Flattering, but the people who run the server are aksing for more money so therefore I removed the thread.

"Most users ever online was 3,042, March 2nd, 2007"

The thread had 164,557 views...new record as well I think."

Damn, that's alot! It's still here on the link Barry posted if people wanna have a look but missed it. http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2007/03/02/boom-vs-audi-rs6#post-8583

Brunty
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Personally if I was going to crash an expensive performance car I'd choose a Bugatti over the RS6 anyday!

L6
11-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Those dents L polish out

Could have it back on the road in a day or two .................... OMG
:stars: /Fever

Davezj
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
He is a lucky man to walk away from that, makes you take sock of your life and appeciate what you got.

My brother is a policeman and he said he has seen some increadable survival stories.

An old MX5 wrapped around a tree, hit full on the passenger side so badly it was matal to matel touching around the tree trunk and the guy walked away he was badly shaken up but nothing more. My brother was helping someone get a car out of a hedge at the time and that happened going the opposite way. My brother saw the whole thing lucky for the guy driving as no one would have ever believed the guys story that the car just went out of control and he wasn't speeding at the time.

It's amazing how immovable a tree is, it only has to about 6" across and it can take a massive battering before it will give. He said if you have a choice of hitting a brick wall or a tree go for the brick wall evry time. But i suppose each incident is different.