PDA

View Full Version : Havoline Step up to confirm exceeding Diamond III spec

RugbyPete
05-03-2007, 04:16 PM
Click top link, ATF-J, listed as exceeding Dexron 3 by a mile and exceeding Diamond III spec also

https://www.cbest.chevron.com/msdsServer/controller?module=com.chevron.lubes.msds.bus.BusPD SList&alphabetSelected=H&alphabetSearch=Y&language=EN&country=&region=APAC&isLoginPage=true

Found it on a jap forum, tracking down high spec ATF's for those feeling put out by their manufacturers who develop systems demanding the highest quality ATF when only dexron is found in your local shop

I've spotted Castrol do one too...

could one sue if they dont work? ;D

Nutter_John
05-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Pete that stuiff has been around for quite a while , and I'm sure that is a very good equal of the Standard Mitsi ATF fuilds .

I suggest you don't try and compare Havoline with AMSoil as they are not equals far from it , everyone I know who has AMSoil ATF has not gone back to normal stuff again .

Bottom Line you pays your money and takes the chances

RugbyPete
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I'm not stating that, but until recently it was either Amsoil/Mitsu way or the highway, I'm just finding available alternatives, as we know how hard Mitsu stuff is to get hold of if you didn't want to spend the full whack on Amsoil

WildCards
05-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Your money Pete, you do what you like with it, but for only an extra £20 or £30 for Amsoil I don't understand why your bothering to look at lower spec alternatives.

Kieran
05-03-2007, 07:09 PM
It doesn't look like ATF-J is marketed in Europe though... the country column says ASIA PAC/ AFRICA/ MID EAST-PDS.... Unless you know of a UK supplier Pete?

bradc
05-03-2007, 07:17 PM
It does raise an interesting point though, what do the Japanese use?

Gly
05-03-2007, 07:27 PM
nothing,
once cars a getting a few years on, the tax on them is raised,
and the cars arnt woth keeping,

how often do you get a jap car with any service history?

and there all imported overseas once they come upto the major service

bradc
05-03-2007, 08:47 PM
some jap cars come in at higher km's though, mine was 109km and your new one is about the same (I know it's a manual, but bear with me) So they must have done at least one or two ATF changes in the time they keep their cars.

Kenneth
05-03-2007, 08:53 PM
(snip...) So they must have done at least one or two ATF changes in the time they keep their cars.

I wouldn't bet on it :P

bradc
05-03-2007, 09:08 PM
My car had it's cambelt done in Japan I would find it hard to beleive that the cambelt would get done, and that the ATF wouldn't get changed.

amsoil
06-03-2007, 03:03 AM
You don't have to pay the full wack; play the game, join The Club, and get a discount; most people do. /pan

Yeah, I'm not stating that, but until recently it was either Amsoil/Mitsu way or the highway, I'm just finding available alternatives, as we know how hard Mitsu stuff is to get hold of if you didn't want to spend the full whack on Amsoil