PDA

View Full Version : WRD, the longest day !!!

thehedgepig
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
As Roy Castle used to say....... "Dedication is what you need" and if you ask me the guys at WRD have it by the bag load!

Richie started on my car at 9:30am Sunday morning and finished at 10:00am Monday morning! (Sorry mate, I hope the beers for you and the wine for the lovely Lilly go some way....)

Now thats not to say that these guys are slow, but i presented them with a few challenges along the way.....

No locking wheel nut remover,
A sandwich plate that was faulty,
A broken engine mount,
A radiator full of brown sludge,
An engine screwed together so tight that it took 2 people with scaff tubes to loosen the Cam pulleys!

I drove away from Castle Richie at 1pm this afternoon as he slept soundly in his bed and set the satnav to take me to Chesterfield via B roads only!

What can I say guys and gals....

Nutter John.... :iloveyou: The Apexi AVCR and SAFC are sorted and work like a dream.

Richie Rich.... /notworthy What you did was above and beyond the call of duty.

SGHOM....:thumbsup: At least I know what your handle means!

Lillywotshername.... /Wyhy Nice to meet you, you should be a saint!

The drive was a hoot, the engine is sooooo smooth and the gearbox too!

I'll post the rolling road dyno sheets tomorrow night when I get home from Nobles.

/thankyou /thankyou /thankyou /thankyou /thankyou /thankyou

Jimbo
05-03-2007, 08:39 PM

She is! Saint Lily :iloveyou:

Nutter_John
05-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Must admit Phil that the swear jar was almost full by the time left at midnight .

But just lookingt at that center console made me smile , it is so god damn nice

Would suggest you post a pic of that along with the 300+ bhp dyno run you have tomorrow

your faithfully Roy Castle ;)

Nick VR4
05-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Well done guys :)

When the bank balance is better off will be booking car in for some tender loving care :D

Lillywotsername
05-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Phil.... The wine is always very much appreciated and the beers are as well ( Richy woke up and came down for 10mins at 3.15 so told him about them.... made him smile)

Was lovely to meet you and your good lady wife... Hint Hint... Tina get a user name and join us on the forums.

Really please to hear the car is running sweet, as John has already said....
B E A utiful car .... Very nice indeed.

Oh and Jimbo.... If I am such a saint... Wheres the rep to prove it:iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Jimbo
06-03-2007, 01:27 AM
Oh and Jimbo.... If I am such a saint... Wheres the rep to prove it:iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Cor blimey, there's just no pleasing some people! Grumble, grumble....

:iloveyou: too :) But shh, Richy'll get suspicious on those long night shifts ;)

richy rich
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Cor blimey, there's just no pleasing some people! Grumble, grumble....

:iloveyou: too :) But shh, Richy'll get suspicious on those long night shifts ;)
im watching you :curtain:

richy rich
06-03-2007, 01:40 PM
As Roy Castle used to say....... "Dedication is what you need" and if you ask me the guys at WRD have it by the bag load!
This is is the main vain running though wrd, we got so p1ssed of with bad service we started our own.

Richie started on my car at 9:30am Sunday morning and finished at 10:00am Monday morning! (Sorry mate, I hope the beers for you and the wine for the lovely Lilly go some way....)
No prob mate all part of the service and it also sets me up for Monday night shift i do the opposite on Friday work all night stay up all day Friday then puts me back into days

Now thats not to say that these guys are slow, but i presented them with a few challenges along the way.....

No locking wheel nut remover,what a bitch

A sandwich plate that was faultythey are a pain in the grass

A broken engine mountgrrrrrrrrrr

A radiator full of brown sludgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeck

An engine screwed together so tight that it took 2 people with scaff tubes to loosen the Cam pulleys!/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

I drove away from Castle Richie at 1pm this afternoon as he slept soundly in his bed and set the satnav to take me to Chesterfield via B roads only!

What can I say guys and gals....

Nutter John.... :iloveyou: The Apexi AVCR and SAFC are sorted and work like a dream.

Richie Rich.... /notworthy What you did was above and beyond the call of duty.

SGHOM....:thumbsup: At least I know what your handle means!

The drive was a hoot, the engine is sooooo smooth and the gearbox too!

I'll post the rolling road dyno sheets tomorrow night when I get home from Nobles.

/thankyou /thankyou /thankyou /thankyou /thankyou /thankyou

Glad you are happy and it was good to meat you both:pimp2: