PDA

View Full Version : BOV install - quick Q

Gly
06-03-2007, 08:58 AM
what size flange doz the bov need to have?
when i remove the stockone is there a rubber cnnector there or do i need to buy a silicone one?

and what size plug do i need to use for the re-circ pipe to be covered up?

bernmc
06-03-2007, 09:22 AM
There's a BOV 'howto' in the library here. (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22446) It has pics of the std connectors and pipes.

I can't remember what the siz e of the connectors are, but you shouldn't need any additional hose if you use the correct valve. If you're using a BOV with a differnet fitment though...

We use EVO spec valves, so may have some joy on MLR searching for sizes.

Gly
06-03-2007, 09:31 AM
cool,

so which one of the pipes is the re-cric part i need to put the plug in?

mpau009
06-03-2007, 09:35 AM
The stock one is near on 35mm, with a couple mm lip.

I think mines around 40mm, ideally it should be slightly smaller, as i had to heat the pipe to force it on, but it is quite a bit bigger pipe than a lot of the small BOVs on trademe.

As for fitting, depending on the design you might need a longer vacuum hose, i did, since mine is quite long.

I blocked my recirc pipe (same size diameter as the pressure side) with a bit of wood, heated the pipe and jammed it in, with a hose clip around the outside.

I just cut the stock rubber hose to fit mine in without it dragging on the ground, i'm sure i could get another one easily enough if i decide to switch back.

Gly
06-03-2007, 09:49 AM
ok the sard one im looking at is about 32mm so the factory pipe will be fine??

bradc
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
32mm sounds as if it will be loose inside the pipe and possibly a bit small, unless I'm not interpreting what you're saying correctly

mpau009
06-03-2007, 10:09 AM
ok the sard one im looking at is about 32mm so the factory pipe will be fine??

uuuuumm, maybe? I just measured the ID of the piece of pipe i cut off, and its 32.2mm (101 internal circumference)

If it was 32 with a lip then it would be alright, and if you put a decent clip around I would think it would seal as the rubber is fairly soft, but you dont really want it to fall off at 14psi:thinking:

I would probably say it will be fine, but I havent fitted a sard one. And it certainly is a mm or two shy of the stock one.