PDA

View Full Version : GTO n/a hubs and brakes.

ralliart-type-s
06-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Hiya every one, just me bein thick again!! I have the age old problem of rumbling bearings and spongey brakes, typical VR4 fare so I believe?? I have the chance of a pair of non-turbo GTO hubs inc calipers and discs and obviously the bearings. Are these parts a direct replacement for the VR4 ones??
I am only considering this route due to lack of funds but fear of brake failure and/or bearing collapse. Also do the FTO ones fit?? Not the callipers tho as not meaty unuf.

Gly
06-03-2007, 07:18 PM
GTO calipers wont fit without a custom braket,

and i woulndt use second hand hub/bearings,
as they would not be much better than what you have now,

wouldnt waste the effort on second hand bearings,
you'll end up having to do the job twice, and wasting more time and money.

do it once do it right.

ralliart-type-s
06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Cheers Gly, woz just an idea to kill 2 birds, but bit of a no brainer u reckon., Found another thread informing of new bearing supplied for £110 the pair so will do that. Think I'll just refurb existing caliper until I can do EVO Brembo conversion. Putting my new 18" hyper black TSW Catalunyas on 2moro and just wanted sumthin nice behind 'em. A lick of paint for now then!! haha. Nice ride btw.:afro:

Gly
07-03-2007, 09:04 AM
yeh i looked into the gto calipers befor i booght brembos,
they dont fit the pre or post faclift legnums without custom brackets.

evo 5+ prembos are a direct bolt on fit to the facelift VR4s only (99+) as the bolt spacing on the prefaclift is to small.

so if you want them on your 96,
youll need to get the 99+ vr4 hub carriers and abs sensors, for the fronts only,

the rear brembos fit both pre and post facelifts.
you just have to use the evo 5+ rear brake lines

KHK
07-03-2007, 09:19 AM
yeh i looked into the gto calipers befor i booght brembos,
they dont fit the pre or post faclift legnums without custom brackets.

evo 5+ prembos are a direct bolt on fit to the facelift VR4s only (99+) as the bolt spacing on the prefaclift is to small.

so if you want them on your 96,
youll need to get the 99+ vr4 hub carriers and abs sensors, for the fronts only,

the rear brembos fit both pre and post facelifts.
you just have to use the evo 5+ rear brake lines

need this piece of information for some time

ralliart-type-s
07-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Cheers Gly, u da man!! But.................duz the whole GTO knuckle fit, carrier an all?

Gly
07-03-2007, 09:47 AM
nope not that im aware of, its a completely different suspension set up afaik,
but then i havent had a close look to see if it could be adapted,

ralliart-type-s
07-03-2007, 09:50 AM
I''l have a ganders mate, would be a cool one off if it can be done, and a cheap 4 pot conv, got the chance of 4 hubs(thats the full car not 2 sets of fronts) for £50!!

Eurospec
07-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Front hubs are totally different between GTO and VR4. I wouldnt go there mate, it will be painful to do it, though i'm sure it could be done.

Cheers,

Ben.

ralliart-type-s
07-03-2007, 08:58 PM
Well if you got the GTO you would know i s'pose. Gutted tho cos that was a good price.