PDA

View Full Version : Cibies Issue (video)

d i c k i e s
08-03-2007, 08:38 AM
!!!WARNING!!! NOT FOR 56KERS!

This was taken with my Digi Cam few nights ago. Excuse the car in front. its the misus car. (Toyota Cynos)

This may well be an electrical problem somewhere, prolly why my car is not working right now, it doesnt start at all. no clicks when you try to turn it over. No lights appear on the dash (NOTHING). When it wants to, it will start ok. But this is the issue im having with my damn cibies.

Any Ideas?

CIBIES ISSUE VIDEO (http://www.zshare.net/video/mov01896-mpg-ejb.html)

Kieran
08-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Hmmm..... Inverter trouble I wonder (I am assuming the Cibies are HID units?).

rich
08-03-2007, 12:07 PM
I dont know what is wrong with your lights, but the not starting could be leaking capacitors in your ecu, a problem I had on an earlier model vr4 and common to mitsubishi cars. It took me months to find out what it was, worth checking out.

d i c k i e s
09-03-2007, 12:53 AM
yeah hopefully have an answer by this afternoon or tomorrow.

it was leaking water the other night, could that be the leaking part.

Kenneth
09-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Also check your alarm, its wiring etc. I had an intermittent electrical fault and it was the alarm wiring.

d i c k i e s
09-03-2007, 05:57 AM
i believe its the alarm aswell.. will find out

just been told our neighbour has heard the alarm go off. ie. beeping and sh!t.

d i c k i e s
10-03-2007, 03:04 AM
UPDATE:

after speaking to an auto electrician. sounds like the problem is the immobiliser, told me to try and replace the batter in the alarm which i have and it should be ok.

and guess what? it works... walah! this may only be a temp fix, but im happy i can drive the car again. but yeah? too late ive already missed the club meet in wellington.

d i c k i e s
25-06-2007, 02:53 AM
UPDATE:

Ok, the problem was the battery terminals... they needed to be cleaned... and the guy added some brownie type gel onto the terminal, stop it from corroding quite quickly..

pitslayer
12-07-2007, 05:42 AM
was gunna say, sound like battery issue more than anything, something ive found the galants suffer from.....however i fixed my battery problems, lets just say the battery was a bit errr empty

d i c k i e s
13-07-2007, 05:44 AM
yeah, havent had any issue with the car since that... that was my last issue i had, and hope it doesnt happen ever again... cos its so annoying and frustrating.