PDA

View Full Version : which bulb?

strapping young lad
09-03-2007, 09:18 AM
hello

i know ive been a bit quiet but ive been a tad busy and my broadband is goosed

so whilst its up for a bit i need something urgently :)

my passenger side dipped light has gone, i can get full beam on both sides but dipped only on one side

i think they are h7's? in which case its 20 quid from halfords..

is this the case or is there a cheaper place in warrington/manchester i can get them from?

cheers

dyf

Kieran
09-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Aye, dipped beam is a H7 bulb.

strapping young lad
09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
thank you!

strapping young lad
09-03-2007, 01:22 PM
right

halfords 20
local parts shop less than a fiver

got the rubber ring off but blimey its a squeeze to get your hand in with the battery in front of it :(

how does the retainer clip come off? cos i cant see in there.

White Lightning
09-03-2007, 01:55 PM
It is a bit of a pig isn't it ... I changed that one a while back whilst at Castle Combe and I seem to remember that it took most of the morning /pan

It can be done ... just be patient and have a good feel ... (ooer)

Although in my case, the bulb turned out to be ok and it was actually a bad contact (which is now fixed ...)

But the spare bulb came in handy as it turned out to be the same as the Ka ones :pimp2:

strapping young lad
09-03-2007, 02:58 PM
nice one

im taking it to my patient mechanic cos i cant be naffed ;)

White Lightning
09-03-2007, 07:56 PM
im taking it to my patient mechanic cos i cant be naffed ;)

/lol

Fair enough ...

strapping young lad
11-03-2007, 11:26 PM
eventually had to take the battery out as it was too awkward in situ.

but i have noticed that maybe in the fiddling of putting the bulb in the headlights dont seem aligned now.. and since i have adjustable headlights how can the one we swapped the bulb out be adjusted... can it be done easily?

Roadrunner
12-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Less bother than taking the battery out, and what you can do if the driver's side bulb goes, is to remove the entire headlamp unit. You need to take off the grille (5 clips) then undo the four (or sometimes just 3) bolts that hold the headlamp assembly in. Remove the entire headlamp assembly, changing the bulbs is then a doddle. With practice, you'll do the entire operation (removing grille and headlamp, changing bulb, and refitting everything) inside 10 minutes ... with no skinned knuckles! :)

strapping young lad
12-03-2007, 10:13 AM
sound... but it doesnt help my alignment problem of the lights ;)

Roadrunner
12-03-2007, 01:58 PM
At least you'll be able to see whether you've inserted the bulb correctly ;) If your lamps were aligned before you changed the bulb, and now they're not, then you've not seated the bulb correctly in its holder ...

strapping young lad
12-03-2007, 02:38 PM
is that what it could be

what i mean is that its not likely that the motor thing that moves the lights may have been moved when putting the bulb in?

i dont know how robust it is to be pushed (when putting the clip back on)

White Lightning
12-03-2007, 04:36 PM
nah - I bet, like Brian said, that the bulb is not seating properly. It is an easy mistake to make.

strapping young lad
12-03-2007, 05:49 PM
fair enough ill have a look tonight thanks fellas!