PDA

View Full Version : WTB : Electronic Boost controller

Gly
09-03-2007, 10:25 AM
must be in good working condition...

anything considered, not looking to spend a fortune.

what ya got? and how much do you want?

i will not be making offers.

mpau009
09-03-2007, 10:50 AM
I will be pulling out my Gizzmo IBC once i get the MAP2 up and running (still havent got it yet/Grrr)

Assuming i dont need it for parts or something to get the MAP's EBC working (might need the solenoid), youre welcome to it. Probably be a week or two off at this rate though - i dont want to nag the supplier too much since they did me a good deal on the price

You might want to ask Osiris, he always seems to have access to electronic bits and pieces.

Gly
09-03-2007, 01:29 PM
sweet as, let me know what happens

Wodjno
09-03-2007, 01:51 PM
sweet as, let me know what happens

What's your Budget :inquisiti

Gly
09-03-2007, 07:28 PM
few hurnderd... not looking to go overboard with it,

may just get a boost tap as all the EBCs are looking to expensive for me atm.

AderC
24-03-2007, 02:52 PM
I've gone for one of these:

PIT BCU+ (http://www.performance-trends.com/boost_controllers.htm)

Cheapest EBC I could find and it includes a turbo-timer too. Got it from Turborevs (http://www.turborevs.org.uk/Electronic%20Boost%20Controller.htm) in the UK - not sure about suppliers in NZ though.

Will post comments once WRD have worked their magic and fitted it in a couple of weeks.

aDe

Wodjno
24-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Whats an IBC ??

mpau009
24-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Made by an NZ company, called Gizzmo, Means Intelligent Boost Controller, basically instead of allowing RPM targets and variable duty cycles, you wire it up, set the gain and duty, and floor it, and the unit learns the boost characteristics of your car, and gets it as close to the target as possible, as quickly as possible.

Easier and cheaper than EB-01 and similar, but not as flexible. Worked great for what i needed it for, and lets you have four push button settings

Wodjno
24-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Made by an NZ company, called Gizzmo, Means Intelligent Boost Controller, basically instead of allowing RPM targets and variable duty cycles, you wire it up, set the gain and duty, and floor it, and the unit learns the boost characteristics of your car, and gets it as close to the target as possible, as quickly as possible.

Easier and cheaper than EB-01 and similar, but not as flexible. Worked great for what i needed it for, and lets you have four push button settings

I think this is the same as the AUTO Mode on the Profec E-01 ?? But the Auto mode won't work on our cars due to Turbo size..

Thanks for clearing that up for me, i had seen it mentioned in a few threads, but never knew what it was.. :pimp2: