PDA

View Full Version : alarm with immobilizer install question

tesna
10-03-2007, 02:19 AM
Yesterday I decided to install an alarm system (2-way pager, immobilizer, remote-start, etc). I've spent about 5 hours installing that alarm! The hardest part is finding a wire that tells the alarm whether the engine already running or not, since I don't have the galant service manual, I'm taking the whole speedo assembly out, find the lamp of battery/oil pressure picture on it and tried to trace them from there to the back of the socket of the speedo.

However, the installation diagram shows to install immobilization point on coil power supply. And again, since I don't have any idea where is that cable is, I just install it to immobilize the "ON" switch from the key barrel. I did this because I think the ON switch also supplies power to fuel pump, coil, etc. Did I did this right? or should I put on "STARTER" instead to the "ON" switch?

Most thing is working fine, but the problem is, when I tried to do remote engine start from the remote I noticed the aircon did not turn on automatically, the ABS sensor lights on the dash also lights up. The aircon will turn up only after I plug my keys onto the barrel and switch it to ON position.

This confuses me, if the ON switch are immobilized, the engine also goes off right? but the engine still running! The immobilization is working fine, when the alarm is armed, I tried to start the engine using original key, and the engine wouldn't start and the alarm will be triggered.

I'm buying this alarm to turn up the engine and turn up the aircon after my car has been parked under the sun for quite long period of time. So it will cool it down a bit when I entering the car. The manuals says the aircon can be turned on during remote engine start.

Ups, almost forgot another question, do you guys knows where is the ground switch of parking brake? I didn't install this thing yet, I tried to use the trace from dash parking brake indicator but it doesn't work, I think on the dash use positive trigger.

Help me guys..

tesna
10-03-2007, 05:59 PM
update, I've located the ground parking brake switch.

Now the problem only on the aircon don't get any power when the engine is started using the remote. I think the ABS module also don't get any power, since the ABS light on the dash lights up, although the engine successfully started from the remote. The ABS light will dissapear and the aircon will turn on if I put my key and turn them to the "ON" position.

I traced using test light on the cables that connects to ignition key/barrel, If I'm not mistaken I'm connecting the ON from the alarm diagram to the thick yellow cable that comes from ignition barrel. Did I connect the right cable for "ON" position? or there's another cable that needs to be connected? Help me

tesna
11-03-2007, 04:00 AM
another update, I finally sourced workshop manual for my galant. In the diagram it says the switch to turn on the ACC is pin no. 1-6. And the 'ON' position is 2-4-6 and the start is 1-2-3-5.

My assumption, I only connect the ON trigger from my alarm to only to pin 2. Which I think supply power to ECU, ignition, etc. And I assume pin 4 supply power to aircon/abs system. Can anyone confirm this?

To connect, should I use some kind of diode or relay? If I just join these cable together, when cranking usually the power to the aircon and head unit would be cut, but with remote start, it will always supply to ACC, ON and START together at the same time. So, is it really a problem? does the battery will have enough power if all of them running at the same time?

tesna
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
another update, problem solved :)

Paul Beazer
12-03-2007, 10:53 PM
This has got to be a first, a thread where the author is the only replier (apart from me now!)

Good job Tesna.

tesna
13-03-2007, 11:22 AM
thx Paul, maybe this thread can help someone else if they're also want to install this type of alarm. The alarm have some kind of safety features on remote start, it refuses to do remote start if the hand brake not applied yet. Well, mine is an auto anyway, it also wont start if the transmission not set to N or P.