PDA

View Full Version : Chrome 'Twin turbo' or 'Turbo' badge

probbo
10-03-2007, 06:10 PM
I was thinking about the possibility of mounting a small discreet chrome 'twin turbo' or 'turbo' badge to go with the V6 on the front wing. Has anyone done this? If so, any pics?
I just think it looks a bit understated by having 'V6' only on the front wing - a bit like a Ford Mondeo V6 which has exactly the same. I think a discreet badge along with V6 would look great . However I can't find any 'twin turbo' ones and all the 'turbo' ones are done in cheesy Vauxhall Astra turbo style. The only option seems to buy the letters individually but this might look a bit naff.

The Vee
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Do Audi not do a TT badge?

probbo
12-03-2007, 09:20 PM
An idea but I think a turbo badge would be better plus using badges made for a particular car *could* run the risk of looking a bit dodgy (just my opinion)

Paul Beazer
12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
If i had a VR4 i wouldnt want more badging on it than it has already. Unless you're Spirit the sleeper factor of these cars is a great selling point! Why have badges telling people what you've got? A practical demonstration is much more fun!
It'll only encourage some little scrote to either steal it or damage it.

KiwiTT
12-03-2007, 11:09 PM
I've being thing of small discrete badges as well.

e.g. 4WD, Twin-turbo, Quad-Cam

djb160
14-03-2007, 10:50 AM
I cant wait to get a big ol' zorst, shiny ims, cyber front and vented fenders, which will all help me blend in with all the othe non-VR4s that look this way down here.

bradc
14-03-2007, 07:20 PM
djb, I know what you mean, 90% of the kitted up legnums are 1.8 gdi's :)

probbo
15-03-2007, 09:36 PM
If i had a VR4 i wouldnt want more badging on it than it has already. Unless you're Spirit the sleeper factor of these cars is a great selling point! Why have badges telling people what you've got? A practical demonstration is much more fun!
It'll only encourage some little scrote to either steal it or damage it.

I can see your point but it is like the job is only half done - it says V6 as if it is just a V6, just like a Mondeo or Hyundai Coupe also have. It is putting itself down really and I feel it should say turbo V6 ot Twin Turbo V6 as in the Fiat coupe (20V Turbo on the door pillar area). A discreet turbo badge in just that location, not on the rear of the car, would not grab unwanted attention.

ralliart-type-s
15-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Take the V6 off, also the VR4. Most ppl will think " theres a granddad car" and try it on, then you wipe the floor with 'em. Hehe, thats wot I do anyway. Mine has been nicknam the old peoples home round here.

probbo
18-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Take the V6 off, also the VR4. Most ppl will think " theres a granddad car" and try it on, then you wipe the floor with 'em. Hehe, thats wot I do anyway. Mine has been nicknam the old peoples home round here.

/haz

djb160
23-03-2007, 10:49 PM
once I get my car back the new sides wont have badges(or indicators) and neither will the front. I'll debadge the back but not sure whether or not to take the mitsi badge off as well?

L6
30-03-2007, 02:16 PM
I've just got the mitsi symbol on the bonnet all the rest has been removed the mitsi sym will go if I get a carbon bonet.

I think my ralliart mud flaps are next on the hit list though, they look ok but pull to much attraction,

No Mr Plod yet luckly

ralliart-type-s
30-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I got the vr4 badge on the back, but in chrome and the LEGNUM off the tailgate and replaced wit the RALLI//ART in graphite in its place. also a small greddy badge to offset the vr4 one. And small ralliart logos on front of front doors at the bottom corner, also in graphite, these match my graphite and chrome 18" TSW catalunyas and my graphite b/kit.

bradc
31-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Now that sounds interesting, you'll have to put pics up of all of those :D

psbarham
31-03-2007, 07:42 AM
mines got the little red mitsu diamond thingy on the grill , and Galant across the top of the number plate lights , and that ones gonna come off as soon as i get my arse in gear

ralliart-type-s
01-04-2007, 10:59 AM
,my little red mitsi diamonds on da grill are carbon now!! and my alluminium roof tip spoiler is carbon wrapped with gen carbon diffusers on the ends!