PDA

View Full Version : how cables/vacuum pipe thru bulkhead ?

stuey
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Hello all, finally fitted my new oil pressure and boost gauges in the dash, wired up the power, bu can't for the life of me work out where to run the neccesary pipe and cables thru the bulkhead. Looked at the boost gauge fitting guide i found, but it says to drill hole in I presume an auto car, in what looks exactly like where my clutch pedal and clutch cylinder is.... is this the only place ! any idea ??? help!!!!

Kieran
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Just where the washer bottle neck is - there's a grommet there that you can poke a wire through. This then travels along the top of the inner wing above the offside front wheel (remove the splash guard) and then int a grommet that enters the passenger cabin near the accelerator pedal, to the top right of it (roughly the same height as the fusebox). There's plenty of room for an extra electrickery cable.

stuey
12-03-2007, 01:00 PM
Ahhhh. many thanks sir, i wondered about the inner wing thing. I'll check it out later...

BraindG
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
if youve got a manual, you can use the plug bit thats normally used for all that automatic transmission rubbish.. should be located at about 1pm looking into your engine bay.

Wodjno
12-03-2007, 01:10 PM
if youve got a manual, you can use the plug bit thats normally used for all that automatic transmission rubbish.

/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan/pan

Dan_G
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
I knew these photos would come in handy someday. took during fitting my boost gauge.

Like wot Kieren said I went the inner wing route. For boost pipe went in through the rubber grommit on the drivers side neer the bulkead and then in through the side.

these photos show the grommit locations, in engine bay, wheel arch and in the car..

stuey
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Checked out the pics against the car, My alarm is fitted right tight over that rear left section of engine bay, by the accelerator cable. Got the torch out and saw indeed a way thru !!!!! the grommet has a small slot in it already, so maybe had extra wires in there before at some point...

(can't see anywhere in engine bay where auto box would have stuff going thru)

thanks for the help chaps. On it later in the week...