PDA

View Full Version : This is NOT correct right ????

Spirit
02-05-2003, 10:48 PM
Okay,

We have covered exhausts and I think I have decided on the HKS Super Drager.

So, as I had such great service from them when I bought my HKS Super Power Flow, I emailed Sumopower as follows:

"I was wondering what deal you could do for me for a HKS Super Drager. My car again is a Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 - chassis number EC5A-0000311, with the 6A13 twin turbo engine.

The HKS website lists it for the EC5A/W - I think the W is for the estate INSERT INTO post VALUES (Legnum) version.

Please can you give me an all in price including VAT and delivery. "

Sounds an easy question right ?

Here's the reply :

"I have been in touch with HKS and they tell me this pipe will not fit, there is a chance it would but NO guarantees.

Sorry I can't be of more help."

Now, before I part with any cash INSERT INTO post VALUES (well £545 + VAT) can someone please 100% confirm the Super Drager part number is what is says on the HKS Europe website and is it a straight forward no mods required job ?

Cheers

Pete

-LegnumVR4-
03-05-2003, 02:11 AM
Well my Fujitsubo exhaust came from a 1998 face lift Galant Type-V and it fitted up to my 97 Legnum VR4 Type-S fine. The stock exhaust systems are the same on both models INSERT INTO post VALUES (Legnum/Galant) no difference. All the bolt up points for my exhaust were fine, i don't see any reason why there should be any problems.

Spirit
03-05-2003, 08:00 AM
I thought this considering the number of people on here who have saloon VR-4's with Drager's fitted - but when HKS in the UK themselves say there is no guarantee it will fit you tend to get concerned INSERT INTO post VALUES (as they do not give refunds) !

Not good when the company who make them don't even know their own products !

Pete

-LegnumVR4-
03-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
I thought this considering the number of people on here who have saloon VR-4's with Drager's fitted - but when HKS in the UK themselves say there is no guarantee it will fit you tend to get concerned INSERT INTO post VALUES (as they do not give refunds) !

Not good when the company who make them don't even know their own products !

Pete

Thats crap! A company that doesn't even know if their product fits your model of car even when u give them your chassis number??

I would say to them that they have to confirm that the exhaust will fit first, if they say yes and it didn't then it's on them.

Brind
03-05-2003, 07:03 PM
Hiya mate,
I just had a look through my cars service history papers and I can't find anything about my HKS exhaust or the HKS induction kit.
I have records of the after market alloy wheels and tyres.
When I spoke to my dealer about the HKS parts they said it was them that fitted them.

If you want to give them a ring and ask them what the parts numbers are then ring, Tel: INSERT INTO post VALUES (01223) 377500 or Fax INSERT INTO post VALUES (01223) 377559
And they are Marshall Mitsubishi trading under Marshall Motor Group Ltd.
699 Newmarket Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB5 8SQ.
Email: Cambridge@Marshall-motorgroup.co.uk

Spirit
03-05-2003, 11:26 PM
Brind

Thanks mate I may just do that !

Pete

zentac
04-05-2003, 08:31 AM
Before you part with your hard earned cash, HKS exhausts are renound for the baffles going. I know at least 10 FTO owners who have had no end of problems with them, most have either got their money back or fitted a different make.

Spirit
04-05-2003, 09:27 AM
Zentac,

WOW - thanks man ! That threw a real spanner in the works but thank you - has made me stop and think before ordering the HKS this week - and parting with a big wadge of cash !

So, if the HKS is not all it's cracked up to be do you know anyone with the Blitz Realize TT exhaust - can get this aswell for £513 + VAT + Delivery - is this one any good or should I really forget all about it until the OEM one NEEDS replacing ?

Cheers

Pete

Roadrunner
04-05-2003, 11:26 AM
I had a Blitz Realize TT cat-back system on my twin-turbo Subaru Legacy RS-B - quality piece of kit. Not cheap, but was very well made and fitted perfectly. Noisier than the OEM back box INSERT INTO post VALUES (and noisier inside the car too); but not enough to annoy the neighbours ;) .

Brian

Simon
14-05-2003, 06:27 PM
HKS Super Dragger fits a treat. For your reference:- Part no. 3301 - SM023 Model: EC5A/W 6A13......if that helps.

Spirit
14-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Simon

Thanks mate - looks good ! :D

Now I have a dilema.......mmmm what to do.....best I think about it while on holiday for 2 weeks.....lol

Cheers

Pete

Brind
14-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Sounds good though doesn't Simon! :cool:

I find it fairly intrusive when pulling away but once you hit about 20mph it's very quiet, probably not outside though.:)

Simon
15-05-2003, 06:14 PM
We've been very sad this end and took it in turns to stand at the side of a road and get the other to drive past! Its noisey'ish coming towards you, then as your level with the car...it goes quiet....then....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One hell of a noise ....if youv'e floored it!. Its a mixture of pain with something i cant put my finger on!. At Japfest look out for Simon Norris in his 700bhp+ Evo...its the same sound as he has the Super Dragger on that! Out three times on Saturday...it'll give you an idea......Gets you Noticed....we like it:D

BraindG
15-05-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Simon
We've been very sad this end and took it in turns to stand at the side of a road and get the other to drive past!

I did that, let my mate get off on me while stood in a car park.. he kept going on about how it sounds.. its awesome.. thats for sure!

Brind
15-05-2003, 07:34 PM
I haven't done the drive by trick yet. :)
I've been behind it when it's been revved and it sounds awsome like you say!
Surprising how quiet it can be too which is great sometimes.

Do you find it noisy/ish inside the car when pulling away? not bad but noticeable usually up to about 20? INSERT INTO post VALUES (obviously just when you want to cruise).

Spirit
15-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Not fair ! Not fair ! :mad2:

You guys are just teasing me with all this "mmmm don't we sound nice with our lovely Super Draggers" ! LOL

STOP tempting me to part with the cash, I have a wife and child to feed !

And please don't twist my arm on Saturday to get one INSERT INTO post VALUES (wink wink) !

Pete