PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!!!

tig202
04-12-2003, 09:38 AM
Just thought I would say a big hi to all you peeps! We have only been in NZ for a few weeks and are loving every minute of it!
To be honest I did not plan to buy a VR4, having been a Subaru techniction for a few years I was going to stick with what I had been trained up with. I tried a Legacy GTB and to be honest, I felt very let down with the power output having owned a legacy single turbo in the UK. Having only a few days untill my 2 dogs landed in Auckland I was getting concerned about the lack of transport! Decided to go on an extended visit to all the car dealerships in the area and thats when a smart looking Legnum was on the front of a forcourt. On closer inspection I noticed the VR4 badge and remembered Mitsubishi's rally win in 1988 in a VR4. INSERT INTO post VALUES (different engine config though!!)
Needless to say after the roadtest I was haggling with the sales guy and the next day I picked the beast up. Well what can I say, what a motor!!! Goes like s*%t off a teflon stick without looking too conspicous and still has loadsa room for our 2 dogs!

Right thats my little introduction over!
I look forward to reading all the posts in this forum!!

dcuk
04-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Hello Tig! Are you going to stay in NZ long term? Are cars cheap in NZ? Surely a Legacy can't be that bad!

tig202
04-12-2003, 11:07 AM
The Legacy GTB was a sweet motor buddy, it just did not perform as well as I had hoped!! I have managed to get a 2yr contract in NZ so heres to cheap fill ups at the petrol station for many a month to follow!! I had a Volvo V70 T5 in the UK and that mother made me weep in public everytime i had to fill up!!! Cars over in NZ seem alot cheaper, even more so when it came to insure it, the VR4 is half the cost of the insurance on the Volvo in the UK!!!

Regards,
Tig

BraindG
04-12-2003, 11:13 AM
:welcome: where abouts in new zealand you get your contract?

Nick VR4
04-12-2003, 11:14 AM
Hi Tig

:welcome: to the Forum :hurrah:

dcuk
04-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Well as you know motoring here is a bloody ripe off in all areas!

tig202
04-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Hi BraindG , I am going to be based just south of Auckland, I have a 45 minute drive to work but i'm hoping to be cutting this down considerably now!! lol!!!

tig202
04-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Hi Nick, whereabouts in Buckinhamshire are you? I used to live near Aylesbury for 14 yrs!!!

Nick VR4
04-12-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi Nick, whereabouts in Buckinhamshire are you? I used to live near Aylesbury for 14 yrs!!!

I'm actually in Aylesbury :)
Although I'm moving up near Blackpool in the very near future

zedy1
04-12-2003, 11:51 AM
hi tig welcome to clubvr4, i think your one lucky guy if your getting cheap motoring, me thinks i should move over there too lol

tig202
04-12-2003, 11:55 AM
I'm actually in Aylesbury :)
Although I'm moving up near Blackpool in the very near future

Spent many a happy day in Aylesbury, We used to live in a place called Haddenham.
After moving half way around the world I wish you all success with the move to Blackpool!! Is it a job that takes you up north? Just think of the cheaper beer prices!!! :thumb1:

Nick VR4
04-12-2003, 12:02 PM
Spent many a happy day in Aylesbury, We used to live in a place called Haddenham.
After moving half way around the world I wish you all success with the move to Blackpool!! Is it a job that takes you up north? Just think of the cheaper beer prices!!! :thumb1:

Ahhh yes Haddenham on the way to Thame :d

Err yes sort of Job related
I need a job and its $hite looking for one in this area

And yes very cheap beer in some places :cool1: ;)

tig202
04-12-2003, 12:36 PM
hi tig welcome to clubvr4, i think your one lucky guy if your getting cheap motoring, me thinks i should move over there too lol

What if I told you it was only approx £25 to fill my tank????

Tempted?!!!!

dcuk
04-12-2003, 12:47 PM

Tempted?!!!!

What about furl consumption? What I mean is the quality of the fuel. In China you get a litre for 25p, but it cost 10p to run a km in a Citroen ZX?!?

zedy1
04-12-2003, 10:23 PM

Tempted?!!!!

get me a job there im more than happy to come :-D

enigma
04-12-2003, 10:29 PM
I almost landed a job in NZ after a trip out there in 2002..........the upheaval was too much for my wife and I to consider so it fell by the wayside :INSERT INTO post VALUES ( Things probably turned out for the best though, I am very envious of you new found cheap motoring though! My best memory of NZ was seeing 18 year old boy racers on every corner driving exotic jap metal........awesome!

Welcome to the club and may it provide usefual and relatively spam free! :-D

KiwiTT
04-12-2003, 10:42 PM
Welcome to the Club.

The other problem with "Subaru" is you find it hard to insure them anymore.

We may try to organise another meet in February after the Xmas/New Year Holidays. Pescha's idea of meeting at the Auckland Museum at night is good and the "Backdrop" for pictures is impressive.

LANCERMIVEC
05-12-2003, 02:00 AM
My best memory of NZ was seeing 18 year old boy racers on every corner driving exotic jap metal

you are a mind reader mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tig202
05-12-2003, 03:44 AM
Welcome to the Club.

The other problem with "Subaru" is you find it hard to insure them anymore.

We may try to organise another meet in February after the Xmas/New Year Holidays. Pescha's idea of meeting at the Auckland Museum at night is good and the "Backdrop" for pictures is impressive.

I look forward to that then! We are just south of Auckland in Pukekohe so its not too much of drive up to yours!

Pescha
05-12-2003, 06:21 AM
Welcome to the club mate... well KIA ORA lol... Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay in NZ and I hope to catch up with you one day!

Cheers,
Pescha!

tig202
05-12-2003, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the club mate... well KIA ORA lol... Anyway I hope you enjoy your stay in NZ and I hope to catch up with you one day!

Cheers,
Pescha!

KIA ORA indeed!! :) I used to love that when I was a kid, all the e numbers and that tack!!
Joking aside, are you folks planning on another meet in Auckland??