PDA

View Full Version : I've Moved

StunEm
14-03-2007, 11:43 AM
I have just moved from Dunedin all the way back home to Tauranga. What a trip it was.
I saw so many VR4s on the way throughout all the towns on my way up the country.
I am very impressed by the amount of nice looked after ones on my way through. Maybe some of you guys saw me. I own a silver SuperVR4 with plates STUNEM. Would have been quite noticable driving as my car drags along the ground and i was (to much horror of some of you) towing a trailer with all my belongings on it.
The one thing i was amazed at, other than just scraping all the underside of the vr4 on the ferry, was the amount of fuel i used.

Dunedin to Tauranga about 1350kms.
Fuel usage: 170 litres, about $260.
(towing a trailer and car was full also)
Thought it was going to be much worst than that.

Will be able to finally meet up with auckland members now and go to club meets when they take place.
:2thumbsup

d i c k i e s
14-03-2007, 11:51 AM
mean bro! damn thats a long trip.

StunEm
14-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Not to bad. Drove with my bro.
9 hours with trailer to piction. spent a couple of days in wellington relaxing, playing golf.
Then about 7 hours drive to tauranga.
Sat on about 100kph most of the way and had no trouble from the police.:scholar:

d i c k i e s
14-03-2007, 12:03 PM
hahaha... all good.

bradc
14-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Thats not bad at all, sounds like you had good fun and didn't consume a huge amount of fuel. Hope to see you around at some meets.

detonate
16-03-2007, 07:15 AM
Nice.
I'm planning a road trip with a mate to Queenstown to go snow boarding for a week or two. thought it would use alot more gas than that.

KHK
17-03-2007, 05:11 AM
1350km driving isn't difficult
it is great fun especially driving VR4 around! i love it
last year i drove from christchurch, mount cook,... queenstown.... dunedin
how many kms? dun know but i do remember on average i was driving 120km/hr

your fuel consumption is amazingly low with a 2500cc engine!

Xeroid
18-03-2007, 09:28 AM
We've been able to get nearly 10km to the litre on long trips if we drive with a light foot, sitting on the 100 kph mark and not thrashing it.
That's pretty good towing a loaded up trailer though, they sort of kill your aerodynamics and weight loading something chronic.

See !! our cars are not fuel hogs ....

repeat after me .... Our cars .... Yeah Right !

Subaru ETA
18-03-2007, 09:55 AM
We've been able to get nearly 10km to the litre on long trips if we drive with a light foot, sitting on the 100 kph mark and not thrashing it.
That's pretty good towing a loaded up trailer though, they sort of kill your aerodynamics and weight loading something chronic.

See !! our cars are not fuel hogs ....

repeat after me .... Our cars .... Yeah Right !

yes.. i can see all the tree huggers trading up to vr4s as we speak..... :laugh:

djb160
19-03-2007, 02:09 AM
Makes for a good tui add. "VR-4s, light on gas consumption : Yeah Right!"

djb160
19-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Seriously though, if anyone does a Nelson to chch run, via Lewis, can you please post up how fast you went etc, and how much fuel you had left when you get to Chch.

Xeroid
19-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Fuel left ..??!!
I'd prolly end up coasting down the last hill in neutral looking for 98 somewhere.
Should take the Leggie down over the creek and try out some unpopulated roads, Nah, better not, too many damn demerits already.

detonate
22-03-2007, 02:04 AM
W if we drive with a light foot, sitting on the 100 kph mark and not thrashing it.

UHUH!?!?! We all bought VR-4s for a reason..... and that wasn't to be lightfooted ;)

/pan

StunEm
22-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Makes for a good tui add. "VR-4s, light on gas consumption : Yeah Right!"

How about This

Xeroid
22-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Gonna print that out at work and stick it in the Leggies window.

Sometimes it pays to be lightfooted, I always picks the time I want to throw it at the corners.
Went down to Napier about a month ago, cops were all busy at a big accident about 10 from Taupo along the Taupo/Napier highway. You can imagine what speeds we did once we cleared the crash area .... excellent trip through !! ... and some one flashed us about 20 k out from Napier so we all slowed and there was Mr Plod with his Kodak hiding in a red van by the bushes. Another quiet trundle for a few corners then ....more petrol pumped out the back.
Excellent trip !! most excellent ...