PDA

View Full Version : Hubs and ABS sensors from a facelift?

Aus_Legnum
15-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Hello,

Just wondering how hard it is to find facelift model hubs and ABS sensors?

How much do they normally sell for?

We didn't get the Galant/Legnum in any form in Australia, so I'd have to get them from NZ or Japan (sorry, the UK is to far away and the pound versus the Aussie dollar makes buying things from the UK very expensive).

I like the idea of fitting Brembo's from an EVO Lancer as these seem easy enough to find (there's a few sets on E-Bay right now), but the only car available locally is a pre facelift model.

So I'm just trying to get an idea on how hard it would be to do the conversion and how much it would cost.

Or should I just get an facelift model (and the hassles/unkowns that come with importing your own car, rather than buy the one that's already here) and be done with it!

Any info would be greatly appreciated and hopefully help the decision making process!!

Thanks,
Aus_Legnum.

Wouter
15-03-2007, 10:24 AM
They are very hard to come by second hand in the UK.

I would try http://www.kempys.co.nz/ they may be able to help you!

bradc
15-03-2007, 10:31 AM
to be honest it would be rather difficult for you to find any. Wouter has the best suggestion though, try kempy's, they are a huge spare parts place in Auckland.

The best idea though is to get a facelift :)

KHK
15-03-2007, 06:48 PM
are the hubs from a pre facelifted model Legnum and facelifted model Lgenum the same?

Gly
15-03-2007, 07:06 PM
yes all the 5 stud hubs on the legnum/galants are the same,
and are interchangable,
the front hub carriers and abs sensors are not the same, but are a direct swap.

stuey
15-03-2007, 07:59 PM
trying to find some post facelift front carriers and sensors for mine, seem to be hard to find.

Gly
16-03-2007, 07:03 AM
yep hard to find...
i have a set off facelift carriers, abs sensors, brakes
on my ST, taken the brembos off it thou.

stuey
16-03-2007, 12:43 PM
yep hard to find...
i have a set off facelift carriers, abs sensors, brakes
on my ST, taken the brembos off it thou.

You don't fancy whipping them off and posting to the UK do you ? I got the brembo stuff ready to fit !!!! (Tried kempys, haven't got any)