PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sagging

cleopatra
15-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Just fitted some new wheels and tyres and this has made me realise how badly the rear end is sagging. Both rear wheels have the same clearance which is about half that of the front wheels!

Do I need to buy new rear springs or springs and shocks?

Does anyone have any second hand shocks/springs knocking around after lowering there car?

Cheers.

Gly
15-03-2007, 07:46 PM
theres someone hiding in your boot,
getting ready to jump you :P

the rear is always lower than the front as the wheel arch is bigger on the front
to allow for the movement/turning of the front wheels.

Dan_G
15-03-2007, 07:50 PM
its not that your rear is too low its your front is too high....

get it lowered, thats an order...

looks normal mate...

Wouter
15-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Mine's like that... I always assumed that it was caused by the 2 huge LPG tanks.

bradc
15-03-2007, 09:30 PM
thats normal as others have said. Just lower the front by 40mm and it will look normal again :)

cleopatra
16-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Thanks.

But lowering the front still doesn't solve the problem of rubbing on the rear when loaded?

Or will lowering the front make the back come up a bit?

bradc
16-03-2007, 12:11 AM
it might, but it won't be by much at all. with a 35mm offset wheel rubbing isn't unheard of at all, probably best to get the guards rolled a little bit.

cleopatra
16-03-2007, 12:20 AM
The tyres only rubbed round a corner when I had the old set of wheels and tyres in the boot. I think this a quite heavy load to have beyound the back axle but I'm sure I will have heavier loads in the future not to metion when there's 4 or 5 peopole in there?

The tyres are about level with the top outside edge of the rear wheel arch will rolling still help with the tyres sticking out so much?

bradc
16-03-2007, 12:35 AM
If you have a look at my car you will see how low it is at the back, the tyres are actually under the arch and they only rub if I'm going around a corner quite fast. You might be able to just pull the guards out by a few mm and be able to run fine from then on, it's probably worth a shot.

cleopatra
16-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks Brad.

I've got Dave from WRD coming to have a look next week and I'll make a decision then. In the meantime the new 235/45/17's need scrubbing!

I've checked the speedo and as expected it's better than before about 1% under actual speed which is good enough for me.

Nutter_John
16-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Thanks Brad.

I've got Dave from WRD coming to have a look next week and I'll make a decision then. In the meantime the new 235/45/17's need scrubbing!

I've checked the speedo and as expected it's better than before about 1% under actual speed which is good enough for me.

No Probs trigger you can call me dave if you want :p

Kenneth
16-03-2007, 03:56 AM
if your rear end is sagging, you can always have liposuction...

White Lightning
16-03-2007, 08:55 AM
No Probs trigger you can call me dave if you want :p

Alright Dave /haz

cleopatra
16-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry John for some reason I always mix up the names Dave and John???

After driving more today the back wheels do rub occasionally even when it's just me in the car and before you all say it I'm not a fatty!

Something will have to be done to the back end whether it be rolling the arches or new spring I'm not sure until "Dave" has a look next week!

Lillywotsername
16-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Dave from WRD
Well you do spend rather a lot of time with Del Boy.....

And Richy's Transit does have similarities with the "Trotter Mobile"

Only problem with that John, is that it also means you are a bit of a plonker..... :evilgrin: