PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav useless

Nick VR4
18-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Got a Sat Nav and lately is useless

On a PDA with Falk navigator software was ok a while ago but now its hanging takes ages sometimes to pick up satellites and dont tell me where to go at times via voice
Drove to Chorley a while ago and was on the M55 12 miles from house before it started working :speechles

It use to scan upto 12 satellites now its down to 8

Looked at the Falk site and its not helpful I have upgraded the software once but doesnt help plus some parts of the site are in German only

No updates for maps available either done a few searches on web and all say the same

So thinking about buying Tom tom software and installing that but will be very peved if its the area I'm in

bernmc
18-03-2007, 05:28 PM
mmmm. Mine beahves oddly in parts of birmingham - convinced I'm traveling backwards for some bizzare reason! Just what you need in rush hour traffic in an unfamliar area!

Don't you know someone with a TomTom that you can try Nick?

I *may* have an evalution copy of an earlier tomtom - can't remember if I deleted it. pm me if you want to me to look...

lennystoy
21-03-2007, 07:23 PM
hi i have a tom tom and its never let me down yet and it takes me all over the country and is always spot on i will have it with me on the 31st rolling road

Wouter
21-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I have used a "proper" tomtom and a PDA with Tomtom software and I personally found the PDA less reliable.

Maybe it is the PDA that is the cause of your problems, have you tried reseting it?

Nick VR4
21-03-2007, 08:10 PM
I have used a "proper" tomtom and a PDA with Tomtom software and I personally found the PDA less reliable.

Maybe it is the PDA that is the cause of your problems, have you tried reseting it?

No last resort as I have to reinstall all the software again

Might try soon though :D

Edit

Ok didnt think of full reset so doing now but Burn has sent me a eval copy of Tomtom so will try that

Used it again yesterday and it froze just as we heading down some windy roads grrrrrrrrr

Wouter
21-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I know it is a pain but we have IPAQ's at work and whenever we have issues with them it usually results in a hard reset.

However we have seen a soft reset function on the newer models, this may be an option for you?

Nick VR4
21-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I know it is a pain but we have IPAQ's at work and whenever we have issues with them it usually results in a hard reset.

However we have seen a soft reset function on the newer models, this may be an option for you?

LOL too late just reinstalling now

Wouter
21-03-2007, 08:30 PM
hehe, oh well good luck!

SGHOM
21-03-2007, 08:41 PM

& I hope to be reunited with my PDA very soon !! /pan /pan :iloveyou:

Nick VR4
21-03-2007, 09:11 PM
LOL too late just reinstalling now

Still reinstalling /Grrr

Wouter
21-03-2007, 09:28 PM
& I hope to be reunited with my PDA very soon !! /pan /pan :iloveyou:

on the 31st you will!