PDA

View Full Version : MP3 player fitted today ... and refitted gauges

White Lightning
18-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Fitted an MP3 player into the VR today. This was fitted in the Ka when Kate got it but she preferred the look of her Panasonic CD head unit so that went in instead. So this one has been sat in the cupboard for the last 6 months. Decided to give it a go and see what all the fuss is about ... it's not as flash as my Pioneer HU but will see how I get on ... first impressions are that the sound is just as good :2thumbsup

Also, refitted my GTI-R gauges at the same time ... as my first attempt was a bit ... err ... messy /pan

Spirit
18-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Looks good mate, I like the contrast in colours.

So are all the gauges working now ?

White Lightning
18-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Looks good mate, I like the contrast in colours.

So are all the gauges working now ?

Yeah, it actually lights up 6 different colours. You can set it to any one of the colours or leave it changing between all six automatically. Or ... have it one colour for CD, one colour for radio etc etc. Also the buttons light up red in the dark so match up with the VR dash lights :2thumbsup

Re the gauges. No just the boost gauge working at the moment. I'm on the case with sorting the others though just need to work out what bolt I need. Got a new Mitsi oil filter coming this week so that will help with the investigations :scholar: ... will make sure I have them sorted before Combe though ...

Nick VR4
18-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Like it :D

CANDEE
18-03-2007, 10:44 PM
Looking good dude... :)

Are those gauges the same as the Evo ones??

Quite a few of the JVC units do the colour change thingy.. :) Trips a few people out when they see it for the first time.. :scholar: :pimp2:

White Lightning
18-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Looking good dude... :)

Are those gauges the same as the Evo ones??

No, the gauges are actually from a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R

d i c k i e s
19-03-2007, 12:17 PM
looks alright bro!

n13l pm
19-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Looking nice mate. The color match on the sliver headunit with the console :thumbsup: