PDA

View Full Version : newbie looking forward to japfest

landy
02-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone

Glad i found this site, i've have my legnum VR4 for 8 months now and love it.

The furthest i've got on mods so far is clear side indicators.
Has anyone fitted any dump valves ?

Looking forward to Japfest, cant wait...
:devil2:

Spirit
02-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Are you going to Japfest with a club to show your car or just turning up to walk around ? Either way hope you drop into the Club VR-4 stand !

Pete

BraindG
03-05-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by landy
Hi everyone

Has anyone fitted any dump valves ?

Looking forward to Japfest, cant wait...

Hihi and welcome to the site..

yup i have one,imo its a must have mod. scare everyone driving down the highstreet.. :devil1:

landy
04-05-2003, 10:45 PM
BraindG,

Where do you recommend i can have dump valves fitted ?
My local dealer doesn't seem to want to do the job, and have you got an idea of the cost ?

cheers

Brind
05-05-2003, 12:17 AM
Where did you get your clear side indicators from landy?

BraindG
05-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by landy
BraindG,

Where do you recommend i can have dump valves fitted ?
My local dealer doesn't seem to want to do the job, and have you got an idea of the cost ?

cheers

your local dealer a mitsyship? INSERT INTO post VALUES (lol, just made that one up) its fairly easy to do yourself to be honest.. once i get the car back ill do a step by step guide... but im sure any dealer should be able to do it.. think they are just being lazy. :D

VBJ did mine for me, who are in Newbury

landy
05-05-2003, 12:57 AM
Brind,
Got my clear side lenses for a local Mitsubishi dealer :D

BraindG,
can't wait for your step-by-step guide :hurrah:

Spirit
05-05-2003, 01:00 AM
landy - did I read that right ?

You got the clear side lenses from your Mitsy dealer ?

Don't suppose you can remember the cost ? And did you keep the bill with the part number ?

Also, how easy was it to replace them ?

Pete

Brind
05-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Yeah what Spirit said :)
My car is silver so the orange side indicator sticks out like a sore thumb.

chris g
05-05-2003, 01:14 AM
Dump valves do seem to be mainly for noise - scare the horse and old folk

I understand many jap turbos use recirculating system so no power benefit likely from dump valve

Chris

Brind
05-05-2003, 01:36 AM
The guy across the road has one in his Cosworth which he has to let it do its thing on purpose.
I don't need to prove I have a turbo or power to wipe a smirk off his face.:cool1:

Spirit
05-05-2003, 01:40 AM
I can agree with the noise thing - my bro had one fitted to his Rover 620Ti and used to love making people jump as they walked along the pavement !:nono:

I think we have more class here ?

Pete

BraindG
05-05-2003, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
I can agree with the noise thing - my bro had one fitted to his Rover 620Ti and used to love making people jump as they walked along the pavement !:nono:

I think we have more class here ?

Pete

pfff, ive got one, best addition to the car, imo. But then i am a young lad, compared to some of you.. specially grandpa :D

Spirit
05-05-2003, 01:51 AM
LOL Barry - what I mean't was I think we have more class than to go around trying to scare the ****e out of people as we drive past

Pete

Brind
05-05-2003, 01:54 AM
I'm younger than you BraindG.

BraindG
05-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by spirit979
LOL Barry - what I mean't was I think we have more class than to go around trying to scare the ****e out of people as we drive past

Pete

iam but a young lad, and the scaring people thing, amuses me

:wiggle:

Brind
05-05-2003, 01:57 AM
I dunno the yoof of today.:D

landy
06-05-2003, 10:35 PM
spirit979 - yep i got my clear side indicators from a mitsy dealer.

I got fed up of searching the net for some so i thought i'd try them. They cost £20 for the pair, not inc the orange bulbs. I will look tomorrow to see if i still have the part number.

I haven't got round to fitting them yet, i only bought them a couple of weeks ago :D

They look easy to fit. The inner wing arch needs to be removed, and the indicators look like they are bolted on.