PDA

View Full Version : Rev magazine write up??

rayray24
20-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi guys

My mate Dean from rev mag just got back to me today and is VERY keen to do a write up on clubvr4.

All i need is a good place for him to get some photo's of members car and FOR PEOPLE TO COME!!

Now i'm willing to come to auckland for this (cause thats where most of you are) so can anyone(s) help me out on trying to find a good location for this to happen. Now this is something that i can make happen (unlike the track day which i'm still working on)

So please people lets pull this off. All dean wants is a date and place.

Also it's a good chance for those guys with unfinshed projects to get them done and show them off (brad lol)

Come on auckand show me what you have. This is a sure thing!!!!

Wodjno
20-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi guys

My mate Dean from rev mag just got back to me today and is VERY keen to do a write up on clubvr4.

All i need is a good place for him to get some photo's of members car and FOR PEOPLE TO COME!!

Now i'm willing to come to auckland for this (cause thats where most of you are) so can anyone(s) help me out on trying to find a good location for this to happen. Now this is something that i can make happen (unlike the track day which i'm still working on)

So please people lets pull this off. All dean wants is a date and place.

Also it's a good chance for those guys with unfinshed projects to get them done and show them off (brad lol)

Come on auckand show me what you have. This is a sure thing!!!!

Would it be possible for you to get the magazine to do a trackday shoot :D

Bit like the 1 we had at Bruntingthorpe Airfield in the UK a couple of years ago :scholar:

mpau009
20-03-2007, 07:40 PM
That sounds awesome, it would be a great way to get the club name out there.:afro:

I cant think of anywhere specific, but it would be cool to get somewhere with some impressive scenery, I always like seeing those type of photo shoots. Maybe somewhere down by the waterfront in the industrials or on the dock? Or something like a disused factory. Or else one of the west coast beaches?

I'll have a think..

Also if we can get 20+ cars together for a meet, i'm sure everyone will pull behind this:2thumbsup

bradc
20-03-2007, 07:46 PM
It's probably a good time to do a track day, with the presence of a magazine we might get a discount on the actual track itself.

I'm free any weekend for something like that.

d i c k i e s
21-03-2007, 01:04 AM
ohhh what about the welli lot? hahaha... can he have pixs of welli and auckland.

Rosco_NZ
21-03-2007, 01:23 AM
as if the jafa's are not in a world of there own already, stop encouraging them Rayray /pan :evilgrin:

VR4 MAD
21-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Well how about a meet in the middle at the Taupo Track?

That way both Welly and Aucks members could easily be present...........just a thought.

Also the REV magazine presence may get us access to the track that we wouldn't otherwise get..........but not necessarily for a full on trackfest but a few "demo" laps with a good size group of cars for photos to be taken.

Could do some pics on the track and some more scenic stuff down the waterfront by the lake?

Just a suggestion.

What say others.................

/toycar

bradc
21-03-2007, 02:42 AM
I agree with Wynn, makes perfect sense to me

dixon8
21-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Well how about a meet in the middle at the Taupo Track?

That way both Welly and Aucks members could easily be present...........just a thought.
Could do some pics on the track and some more scenic stuff down the waterfront by the lake?

sounds good to me, just need to get everyone to turn up this time :evilgrin:

when is the question :thinking: ?????????

Subaru ETA
21-03-2007, 06:30 AM
taupo sounds mint...or if in auckland the dusk pics at kelly tarltons looked mean!

bradc
21-03-2007, 07:15 AM
the ones in front of museum were even better :D

rayray24
21-03-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm leaning toward the taupo idea, i will look into it. Hopefully they just let us do a cheap few laps just for photos./rally

as if the jafa's are not in a world of there own already,
stop encouraging them Rayray /pan :evilgrin: sorry /pan

But dean is really into my idea (even thou he owns a subbie) but he loved my old vr4 so that was the turning point.

Thank you all for all your ideas. Keep them coming.

Gly
21-03-2007, 08:09 AM
yeh i could be keen,
just need and when and where...

funds/time permitting.

my car needs more shiney bits and GF(er)Bs

dickytim
21-03-2007, 08:51 AM
Keen as for this one, I think we could be a bit more creative with the place tho, hmmmm, so many great placed, Kawakawa Bay there should be somewhere to park 20-30 cars for pics somewhere...maybe at the boat ramp.

Xeroid
21-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Brads garage comes to mind ....:speechles

On a realistic note if you want people better to do it somewhere in Aucks, plenty of scenic places to use.
Cornwall Park, over by the rotunda carpark ( turn left at the rundabout ) eg. Good for a big lineup and you can highlight on 'special' cars, you know the 'bling bling' ones.

VR4 MAD
21-03-2007, 11:37 PM
But dean is really into my idea (even thou he owns a subbie) but he loved my old vr4 so that was the turning point.

Hey Rayray, do I take that to mean your mate Dean from REV magazine lives locally here in the Wellington area.

Surely it must be his call as to where the photos are taken........what location does he prefer, taking into account that the majority of the cars are likely to be in Auckland.

Does he take the photos himself or does he have a preferred professional he uses. If it's a pro, where's he based because costs for the magazine are going to be (a big) factor in whatever they decide/want to do.

Anyway, these are just my musings on things which obviously affect what ultimately will happen.

/toycar

Munta
22-03-2007, 12:09 AM
im keen for this as well. will try make it to any place... taupo would be good... easter weekend mite be a good time... long weekend as well for most ppl? i know its a bit close but just an idea for ppl (most) to travel

rayray24
22-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Umm Dean is the editor of the mag, but he also takes the photos himself. He lived in levin a few years ago but now lives in auckland.

I'll email him tonite and see if he has any ideas on where to do it. I know it's a long way to drive for a photo shoot (for the welly crew) but i'm guessing more people will show if it's in/close to auckland (i know i know) So will post back up tomorrow with progress.

mpau009
22-03-2007, 07:46 AM
I know it's a long way to drive for a photo shoot (for the welly crew) but i'm guessing more people will show if it's in/close to auckland

Even further for our Christchurch members:P

But yeah i agree, you would get a better turn out in AK. I'm sure we would be able to sort out accomodation for Welli members if they wanted to come up. Iv done the drive right through, and its not toooo bad, even though the exhaust was ringing in my ears after a few hours..

As for locations, iv asked a few random people, and the best suggestions i have heard so far would be, the Woodhill Forrest (or the nearby logging access roads), The Huia Dam, or the above mentioned port/industrial type areas, or a powerstation if we could pull it off.

d i c k i e s
22-03-2007, 09:22 AM
how about the airport! hahaha... that would be mean, line the VR4's up next to a jumbo jet plane or something?

bradc
22-03-2007, 09:58 AM
anything like an airport would be great, a 4km or so long straight without speed camera's would be marvellous!

maori_by_nature
22-03-2007, 08:31 PM
wat about another run 2 piha losts of country roads n nice places 2 take group shots on the way...?

VR4 MAD
22-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't worry about finding a location for the pictures to be taken just yet. The magazine photographer guys have done this stuff dozens of times before and they will most likely tell us where they want us to go.

The location would, of coarse, vary depending on whether they are photographing one car or a group. And for group shots, it will depend on how many cars we can get along.

The above assumes we are being invited by REV magazine to get together to be photographed.

It would be different if we were inviting them (REV magazine) along to an event we were already doing and they just game along to observe and photograph proceedings.

So the question for Rayray is...........whose driving this thing (umm no pun intended), CVR4 or REV magazine.

Even if it's CVR4, we would still be well advised to ask the photographer for his input as to location best suited to the number of cars we can get together.

Just my 2 cents worth.

/toycar

KiwiTT
23-03-2007, 02:10 AM
Even if it's CVR4, we would still be well advised to ask the photographer for his input as to location best suited to the number of cars we can get together.This will be the Club Position at this stage.

rayray24
23-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Cvr4 ( me) asked if he wanted to do a write up on the car. I did say that i would get your guys ideas on first but hey i can just tell him to choose a spot?

It won't be soon, I have to get some funds saved for the drive up, soooo.....i'm going to set the date for late july. Sweet?

If i did'nt have to go to oz in june then it would of been a little earlier

KiwiTT
26-03-2007, 02:25 AM
July sounds good. I am sure we can sort out a position then.

d i c k i e s
26-03-2007, 05:53 AM
count me out, i definately wont be attending.. though id loved too! show off the cibies and ****!

rayray24
26-03-2007, 08:40 AM
Right, have just finshed talking with Dean and all i need for you lovely aucklanders is a place to meet in the morning & maybe a place to go after for a feed.

I'm going to start a poll with four destinations that i got from my brother, he lived there for some years and done a few car meets, what ever one is the highest is the place we go, fair?

Dean just wants to come for a drive and enjoy the day and take photos and chat to us about the club if anyone would like to add any more to the things to do for the day your most welcome.

Other than that it's all go for the 28th of july

Subaru ETA
26-03-2007, 09:28 AM
dont think im working that weekend so im in!

mpau009
26-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Yay for Titirangi:pimp2: , thats where i grew up, out that way has some good bush and beach roads (not too lowered car freindly though..) Are you hoping to get up close to the Huia dam? I cant really remember if there is good car access cause i havent been there for years, but i might do a recon mission on the weekend.

Gets my vote anyway, since you can always bail out and do a run to piha if it doesnt work out.

rayray24
26-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Just keep in mind that we will be doing a plotted track and that the poll is to just choose where we end up. It will be a all day thing, with a few stops.

Subaru ETA
26-03-2007, 10:15 AM
yup my vote for Titirangi basically coz im a westie! :p you can drive up to the dam...well you could about 5 years ago when we used to absail down the dam...dont tell the cops or DOC that part tho.....

berg1987
26-03-2007, 10:16 AM
count me in!!!

Xeroid
26-03-2007, 10:35 AM
We should be sweet for almost any spot, voted Whangaparoa cos there's some good spots there and it's a change from west and Maraetai. Easier to bring two cars if it's Ellerslie but we'll cruz both if need be. CONVOY !!!

Weather could be an issue, it is the middle of winter in case you hadn't thought about it.

Huia dam is hardly an all day cruise, it's only about half an hour from home ....well it is in a VR4 ..

VR4 MAD
27-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Weather could be an issue, it is the middle of winter in case you hadn't thought about it.

Really need a 'Plan B' if that lousey Auckland weather does the dirty on us. Especially as some people maybe coming some considerable distance to be there. Also Dean (REV magazine) may not be able to easily postpone either.

So we need an indoor venue as a back-up location.........maybe an unused carparking building or................a sport stadium covered carpark if there's one. May need to arrange access prior to the 28th...........just in case.

Just a thought.

/toycar

rayray24
27-03-2007, 09:10 AM
I did think of the weather, i was thinking of a plan B today in fact. The covered carpark idea is the way to go if it rains. But again any people that know auckland then chip in.

maori_by_nature
29-03-2007, 01:35 AM
july sounds mean i should finnaly have my car running again by then but i think i'll be in the background 4 the foto shoot had a bit of a bad run lately with dad backing into 1 side and my x nearly riping the door off it's hindges...

Gly
29-03-2007, 07:55 AM
didnt the door off the hinges thing happen a while ago?

how you been anyway?
we gotta catch up sometime and have a drink again,

and you still havent fixed the clutch!!! slackass!!!
oh an no more auto non turbo jokes! haha

maori_by_nature
30-03-2007, 03:48 AM
yeah but i had a bad run with money n jobs so nothing i could do any way 4 sure we got 2 catch up n have a drink u just gotta promise u not gonna throw up out any1s car this time.... <---- pay back 4 that foto resurfacing haha

Gly
30-03-2007, 06:14 AM
lol,

there wasnt any in the car,
it was all down the outside off the car, LOL!

NAUSED
02-04-2007, 09:29 PM
i'm in :2thumbsup

NAUSED
09-04-2007, 12:34 AM
do we have a place yet

rayray24
09-04-2007, 03:23 AM
Soon, by the end of this week the poll will end!!

Subaru ETA
09-04-2007, 04:42 AM
come on guys! there must be more than 12 people gonna attend1

rayray24
09-04-2007, 09:39 AM
come on guys! there must be more than 12 people gonna attend1

2nd that! The poll is going to finsh on friday. I also told Dean that there will be 20-25 cars. But that's not really a big issue.

rayray24
14-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Well this the place where we will finish up Whangaporoa (army bay). Poll is finished now, so thank you to the people that voted!! I will post up a thread about 2 weeks before the 28th of july on details for the day for the ones that want to come.

NAUSED
15-04-2007, 01:28 AM
are we all going to go to whangaporoa altogether in a chain or something???

rayray24
15-04-2007, 05:04 AM
In a convoy, but will be cruising to at least one other spot but that is where we will finish! Keep in mind that this is still TBF

VR4 MAD
16-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Well guys, don't let the voting in the poll be a true indication of the numbers attending, as I for one am keeping the 28th free and hope to travel up.

I didn't vote in the poll as I had not real knowledge of the listed destinations and felt my vote wouldn't mean anything.

Anyway Rayray, keep up the good work on this.

/toycar

NAUSED
27-04-2007, 08:53 AM
yeah cheers rayray /GJ :beerchug:

Xeroid
06-05-2007, 11:33 AM
Shoot !
Can't do that day, we got a wedding to go to and I'm suposed to be the photog.
Sorry to miss this one but I'll watch out see if it changes date.

i3ooyah
09-05-2007, 09:52 PM
hey rayray any idea what month magazine this will be in? so i can grab me a copy

rayray24
10-05-2007, 07:11 AM
Not Yet aye. Still in the sorting stage at the mo. I 99% sure that the date will be the same but as it goes it may change (not by much)

VR4 MAD
10-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Anyone seen a new issue recently??????

Doesn't seem to have been one for bl**dy ages. Or am I just getting blind in my old age and missed it /pan

Are they still publishing them..............:speechles

RayRay.............. can you shed any light on this?

/toycar

rayray24
11-05-2007, 10:01 AM
As far as i know they are (better be!!) They were having sponser issues i think or computer problems. I didn't get a reply from the last email about a week or so, will be ringing him from now on. So to answer your question.... not sure but will find out.

And your are right have'nt seen one for a while now.

NAUSED
12-05-2007, 11:31 AM
i was looking forward to seeing my car in the new readers section

detonate
18-05-2007, 10:10 PM
I'll try to attend, even if it's 2days after my bday :P

djb160
20-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I'll try to attend, even if it's 2days after my bday :P

All the better reason to attend

maori_by_nature
22-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Shoot !
Can't do that day, we got a wedding to go to and I'm suposed to be the photog.
Sorry to miss this one but I'll watch out see if it changes date.

well if u want to lend u'r camera to ur frendly neighbourhood maori i'll take sum fotos 4 u and i defnatly give the camera back haha (<---- i was joking) hahaha

bradc
22-05-2007, 07:29 AM
I think they'll have their own cameras that you can try and steal :)

maori_by_nature
24-05-2007, 10:01 AM
ahhh yess there camera.......:evil2: haha

VR4 MAD
03-06-2007, 03:03 AM
As far as i know they are (better be!!) They were having sponser issues i think or computer problems. I didn't get a reply from the last email about a week or so, will be ringing him from now on. So to answer your question.... not sure but will find out.

And your are right have'nt seen one for a while now.

Hey Ray, nearly another month gone and still no new 'REV' on the book store shelves...........:speechles Any news :inquisiti

Are these guys still in business........./Grrr

I'm beginning to doubt they are as it's been at least 2 months if not 3 since I last saw an issue.

Just beginning to wonder if this photo shoot will even happen if they are publishing./pan

Very disappointing if it doesn't go ahead..............but maybe we should be pro-active and contact one of the other import car mags and ask them if they would be interested in doing a right-up on our club........as a means of attracting new members and generally raising the clubs profile :scholar:

Just a though.............what does the NZ committe think???

/toycar

NAUSED
03-06-2007, 03:41 AM
bloody awsome idea

rayray24
08-06-2007, 05:12 AM
Hey Ray, nearly another month gone and still no new 'REV' on the book store shelves...........:speechles Any news :inquisiti

Are these guys still in business........./Grrr

I'm beginning to doubt they are as it's been at least 2 months if not 3 since I last saw an issue.

Just beginning to wonder if this photo shoot will even happen if they are publishing./pan

Very disappointing if it doesn't go ahead..............but maybe we should be pro-active and contact one of the other import car mags and ask them if they would be interested in doing a right-up on our club........as a means of attracting new members and generally raising the clubs profile :scholar:

Just a though.............what does the NZ committe think???

/toycar

I'm starting to think this is true, i tried ringing Dean and emailing everything and still no luck./Grrr

I had the same thought about trying to contact other mag and have already started.

Even if it is a no go i still want to head up to auckland for a meet of some type.

Sorry about all the hype over this and it didn't amount to anything, but hey what can you do when a mag is no more./pan

VR4 MAD
08-06-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm starting to think this is true, i tried ringing Dean and emailing everything and still no luck./Grrr
That sounds very worrying................looks likely they've folded then. Real shame really.

I had the same thought about trying to contact other mag and have already started.

Well done, hope something comes of all your work then. :scholar:

Even if it is a no go i still want to head up to auckland for a meet of some type.

Well I'd be keen for (yet another) trip up there. Been up twice to meet people and through one thing or another only seen a few fellow CVR4 members.

Sorry about all the hype over this and it didn't amount to anything, but hey what can you do when a mag is no more./pan

Hey, it's not your fault and I sure hope no one's blaming you. Your idea was a good one.

Just keep up the good work on this.

/toycar

rayray24
19-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Right a bit of an update. Dean has contacted me and explained what is happening with rev, It will be joining forces with "AUTOMAG" it's like auto trader but better. Rev now has a section in this mag

Now what that means for us and our meet is that we have had to move the date to 1st of sep and that it will most likely be a story on the club and what we do etc etc...... and also the cars themselfs. But just a basic overveiw them. Some photos will be taken

Xeroid
19-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Mmmm, 1st of September , not good, WRCNZ07/rally is on that weekend so all the real motorheads will be playing chase the rally cars down Waikato way and I'll be there with my camera. /Camera2
Sorry, have to skip again.

Dang !

Subaru ETA
19-06-2007, 11:14 AM
well, we could still have a meet on the 28th?

rayray24
19-06-2007, 11:58 AM
well, we could still have a meet on the 28th?

Yeah if people want. I'd do the drive up, get some good photos, meet and greet.

Anyone?? 28th??

mpau009
19-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Yeah if people want. I'd do the drive up, get some good photos, meet and greet.

Anyone?? 28th??

Yeah, why not. At least then we can have a look at whagaparaoa, see how boring it is/Banana , and i can talk you all in to checking out Huia:P

Seriously though its about time for another full scale meet/run, its been ages. Might convince me to finish half the mini-projects iv started too.

bradc
20-06-2007, 07:29 AM
yeah sure :) 28th sounds good

rayray24
20-06-2007, 07:52 AM
Your place again. Sounds like alot of people already seem to know where you live :runkest:.

Subaru ETA
21-06-2007, 09:01 AM
cruise by day, drink at night?

SirVr4
21-06-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah 28th sounds mean i to would like to meet u vr4 freaks lol

oh ok and a beer or 20

Venatus
23-06-2007, 09:23 AM
yeah id be keen as well, even though im new, i may as well

jaimz
13-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Was that 28th August or September dudes..? In August it's a Tuesday, which would seem a bit weird. In September it's a Friday which is... well, not quite as weird.
:-)

ShadyNZer
13-08-2007, 01:06 AM
i think its already been bro lol

bradc
13-08-2007, 01:10 AM
It was 28th of July which is a Saturday which makes even more sense!

d i c k i e s
13-08-2007, 05:50 AM
just to help u out a bit bro.. heres a few pics from that day.

http://clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25843

djb160
13-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Can someone make sure to post up a thread when the article comes out so I can have a look. Any idea when it's going to be out?

rayray24
21-08-2007, 11:50 AM
A bit of a update, now i'm sorry to say that this event is going to be moved (again) to a date which is TBC. I'm still pushing things thou and will post up when it's all go.

Again sorry for the hassle .

Thanks

maori_by_nature
27-08-2007, 06:40 AM
i dont care as long as it's not b4 fri cause my car is n da panel beaters n i dnt get it back till then