PDA

View Full Version : Easy power!!

ralliart-type-s
20-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm in the market for a 280bhp ECU, does anyone know where I can locate such an item, or, do any of you guys have a spare one to flog??/rally

peter thomson
20-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Zentac has one advertised in the classifieds at the moment http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/Classifieds/showproduct.php?product=64&sort=1&cat=4&page=2

Wodjno
20-03-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm in the market for a 280bhp ECU, does anyone know where I can locate such an item, or, do any of you guys have a spare one to flog??/rally

Thats not easy or cheap ?? And you'll probably not notice the difference !!

bradc
20-03-2007, 10:08 PM
it is easy, it's literally a 5 minute job, the difficult part might be locating one at a reasonable price

Wodjno
20-03-2007, 11:14 PM
it is easy, it's literally a 5 minute job, the difficult part might be locating one at a reasonable price

Ok... It is Easy !! But Not alot easier than fitting a Boost controller and NO WHERE NEAR as much Power increase as a Boost Comtroller :thinking:

ralliart-type-s
20-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Yeah but surely this done along side the 280bhp ecu is gone help?? I'm gettin a profec e-01, a bleed valve and a boost guage next. Just had a de-cat done and she keeps on spluttering under hard accelleratiion at about 4.5k, gettin set of denso iridium plugs too. Wadya'll reckon?? Is this the best route??

Wodjno
20-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Yeah but surely this done along side the 280bhp ecu is gone help?? I'm gettin a profec e-01, a bleed valve and a boost guage next. Just had a de-cat done and she keeps on spluttering under hard accelleratiion at about 4.5k, gettin set of denso iridium plugs too. Wadya'll reckon?? Is this the best route??

If you fit a boost controller your going to far outway the gains of facelift ECU and it hasn't completely been confirmed but, the difference may only be a hike in boost..

Bleed valve ?? wots that??? you mean a dumpvalve ??

E-01 ?? Where from ??

And what sort of spluttering and is it in a certain gear ??

ralliart-type-s
20-03-2007, 11:51 PM
A bleed valve lets the actuator open later allowing more boost( apparently)
the e-01 from my mates impreza for free (just to see what it's like on my car) with the option to buy.
And it splutters in any gear at around 4.5k with lots of soot out the back. Already put a recirc instead of atmos on so ruled out poss leaky bov.

djb160
20-03-2007, 11:54 PM
I got told that lotsa soot out the back was just coz of a car running rich.

ralliart-type-s
21-03-2007, 12:02 AM
It can also be a leaky exhaust b4 lambda or a leaky boost hose, both of which would cause overfuelling. N ot the exhaust as had it looked at when de-cat done and no sign of boost leak as pipes expand and stay hardish under boost and no noises. (obviously only way to really check boost pipes is to strip but not in this weather!!)

valmes
21-03-2007, 03:34 AM
Facelift ECU - will do nothing
Bleed valve - will up the boost in a "crude way"
Profec E01 - if that the one with a boost controller inside, than why would you need a bleeder? If it's just a screen to tune e-manage blue than why would you need it at all (without e-manage)?

If you want cheap try auctions... and those two: Apexi AVC-R and S-AFCII.

In case you didn't see it... here is what VR-4 with exhaust, AVC-R, S-AFC and m/c clutch (stock turbos, injectors, intercooler) did... twice to BMW M6 (507bhp):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtvT2Euxv2M

zentac
21-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Just like to correct you, I had a 260bhp ECU and it had a flat spot that I could not get rid of with the boost & fuel computers, swapped it for the 280 I now have and flatspot gone.

Kieran
21-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Just like to correct you, I had a 260bhp ECU and it had a flat spot that I could not get rid of with the boost & fuel computers, swapped it for the 280 I now have and flatspot gone.

Where was the flatspot Rich? Not experienced this in my car?:inquisiti

zentac
21-03-2007, 09:46 AM
I think it was around 3500rpm. You could feel the lul as it were.... and you can see it below

Kieran
21-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah you can certainly see that alright. Be interesting to see if the prefacelifts have a similar curve on the shootout day!

valmes
21-03-2007, 04:05 PM

Sounds "voodoo" ... :afro: :)

Wodjno
21-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Sorry Richard! But the 2 charts you have supplied can not be compared !!

Reason being that in the 1 with the more definable flat spot. The throttle or boost was at a higher rate than in the chart with know flat spot !!

It looks like the chart with the flat spot was at full throttle and full boost and the 1 without was only at part throttle or lower boost :inquisiti

And, you Can see the flat spot on Both charts, at the same rpm.. But 1 is less obvious, as 1 is at alot less throttle or boost !!

zentac
21-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Sorry Richard! But the 2 charts you have supplied can not be compared !!

Reason being that in the 1 with the more definable flat spot. The throttle or boost was at a higher rate than in the chart with know flat spot !!

It looks like the chart with the flat spot was at full throttle and full boost and the 1 without was only at part throttle or lower boost :inquisiti

And, you Can see the flat spot on Both charts, at the same rpm.. But 1 is less obvious, as 1 is at alot less throttle or boost !!

Sorry should have stated thats not 2 charts, that 1 chart, one run, one is bhp the other is torque.. They are not there for comparrison. Just to show the flatspot.

Wodjno
21-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Sorry should have stated thats not 2 charts, that 1 chart, one run, one is bhp the other is torque.. They are not there for comparrison. Just to show the flatspot.

Aha !

Have you got a comparison chart ??

zentac
21-03-2007, 09:31 PM
no sorry never got it done again, was going to but I snapped a rod :(

ralliart-type-s
21-03-2007, 11:57 PM
:bigcry: I dont know what to do!! Had my boost pipes off today (the soft ones) and found oil in 'em. Checked oil level and was half way max/min. only topped up 3wks ago, think I found where the soot is from. also checked the plugs and has fairly new looking denso iridiums in already. i'm just getting sick, been lookin at accord type-r's again.

Kieran
22-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Oil in boost pipes seems to be common in these cars - the turbos do aerosol some into the intake stream. Can also be caused by a 'heavy breathing' engine that's allowing too much blowby through and into the intake stream via the crankcase vents.

ralliart-type-s
22-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Had a change of heart and gona fit that e-01 and a fmic, see if i can blow it up and then rebuild it. ( gives me an excuse to buy accord while leggie off road!) shhh!!! don't tell wor lass!

Wodjno
22-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Had a change of heart and gona fit that e-01 and a fmic, see if i can blow it up and then rebuild it. ( gives me an excuse to buy accord while leggie off road!) shhh!!! don't tell wor lass!

The only way you will blow it up, is if you drive continuously at 7000+ RPM..

And even then i think it will take longer than you think :inquisiti

zentac
22-03-2007, 09:32 PM
or give it to me or BDA ;)

Wodjno
23-03-2007, 09:16 AM
or give it to me or BDA ;)

Why ?? :inquisiti