PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Aussie

mr_nismo
21-03-2007, 01:53 AM
Hi there VR4 world ...

I'm another Aussie but from the West Coast and looking to purchase a Legnum next month when then final allow the import in and approve the compliance centres.
I'm a little concerned about being one of the first groups of Australians to get hold of the VR4 here and the general availablity of spare parts ? Can anyone shed any light of to the difficulties of obtaining import car parts ? Keep in mind postage to Australia isn't exactlly cheap.
Also I'm in two minds about whether to get a manual or Auto. There seem to be mixed opinions about the autos ... (seems the same for any car) but is there anything to be concerned about. I think as I'm not getting any younger it would be nice to go Auto such a nice luxurious car.

Well I'm glad to be part of what looks like a great bunch of people and a great website.

Cheers
Paul

bradc
21-03-2007, 02:42 AM
There are millions of parts over here, Legnums are about as common as Camry's in NZ. Not sure if there would be any parts at all in Aussie.

The auto is a great gearbox, and is fun to drive in Tip, but they aren't as reliable as the manuals.

JMO
21-03-2007, 08:37 AM
I am getting a manual because they are supposed to be more reliable, it won't be long until they bring in a few half cuts for parts as well, and freaight from NZ isn't that bad

Wouter
21-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Hi and /Welcome2

I own a Auto but given the chance.... I would swap it for a manual any day!

bogan_bob
21-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Dont worry mate, im in the exact frame of mind. Although i have already commited to buy one :P

I figure the initial novelty factor of having one of the first ones on the block will make up for (god forbid) anything that goes wrong. But as has been said, plenty of parts in NZ bro, its only a stones throw away

mr_nismo
21-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Dont worry mate, im in the exact frame of mind. Although i have already commited to buy one :P

I figure the initial novelty factor of having one of the first ones on the block will make up for (god forbid) anything that goes wrong. But as has been said, plenty of parts in NZ bro, its only a stones throw away

hahaha ... There is nothing else like it on the road here, I love it. Hopefully I can befreind some of my Kiwi nextdoor neighbours should anything need replacing.
So wat year did u buy and auto or manual ?

Spirit
21-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi Paul

Welcome to CVR4, and good luck in your hunt for what you want.......and on that note I would simply buy "what you want".....auto or manual, either are wonderful !

bogan_bob
22-03-2007, 11:35 AM
hahaha ... There is nothing else like it on the road here, I love it. Hopefully I can befreind some of my Kiwi nextdoor neighbours should anything need replacing.
So wat year did u buy and auto or manual ?

I got a 97 model, manual - i cant ever go back to auto even if it is tiptronic!!!

Don't worry about parts i say, if something happens, worry about it then :)

bradc
22-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Remember we've got kempys.co.nz which is probably the biggest supplier of legnum/galant parts in the world, quite regularly they send stuff to the UK and such because of a lack of spare parts over there.

Nick VR4
22-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi and /Welcome2 to the forum

VR-04-TT
25-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Welcome mate! I'm from western sydney. I've got a 96/7 Galant manual vr4 in the works at the moment. Looking forward to finally having it!

cleopatra
25-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find anything you might need on here somewhere. Personally I'd go manual but that's just becuase I bought my manual 3 weeks ago and I've still can't remove this huge smile from my face!:evilgrin: :laugh: :d

mr_nismo
25-03-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome mate! I'm from western sydney. I've got a 96/7 Galant manual vr4 in the works at the moment. Looking forward to finally having it!

I'm waiting for my finance to get approved, then the scowering of the Japan Auctions through an importer here in Perth.
Hope u get wat ur after :)

VR-04-TT
25-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Perth's awesome, I'd love to move there one day.

mr_nismo
27-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Perth's awesome, I'd love to move there one day.

If u do, don't forget to bring ur VR4 with u ... lol
Got my finance approved today so tomoz I'll get to see the first lot of VR4's in the Japan Auctions ... :) so excited !!!

VR-04-TT
27-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Check out this site mate:

www.best-trade-auction.com

This is quoted from their site:

" We supply ASNET CODE.
http://asnet.autoserver.co.jp/asnet20e/top/logon.asp
02090028 (User name) 6kefaljy (pass word)"

It's an excellent tool for checking out the ASNET auctions which are the main auctions in Japan. It's free (after signup on best trade) but you can't actually bid yourself.

Oh I'll bring the VR4 if I move across don't worry about that :D

bradc
27-03-2007, 08:23 PM
oooh I'm going to be using that website a lot! thanks for the details

VR-04-TT
27-03-2007, 11:21 PM
No probs :)

mr_nismo
28-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Thats awesome ... I guess this is where the importers find the cars then ?
Thanks heaps that is going to be heaps helpful

VR-04-TT
28-03-2007, 10:29 AM
It's like the first main resource. Of course most major importers will know of other places and have retail car yards in their resources, but this is a very good tool :) And it's free!

snickells
02-04-2007, 03:25 AM
Thanks for sharing!

Aus_Legnum
07-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Hi,

When I try to log onto ASNET using that ID and password, I just get an Error page come up. /Grrr

Is it just me? Or is it happening to other people too?

Thanks.

mr_nismo
09-04-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi,

When I try to log onto ASNET using that ID and password, I just get an Error page come up. /Grrr

Is it just me? Or is it happening to other people too?

Thanks.

I get the same, now ... but earlier ...
I know they r going through a lot of changes to the systems in the Japanese auctions so hopefully it will be back online soon

VR-04-TT
15-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I get the same problem too. I hope this doesn't mean that free account has been taken down...that would be a shame.