PDA

View Full Version : Calling all fellow Rugbyarians (People wot live in Rugby) :D

RugbyPete
21-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Go on then, who do you trust in Rugby to work on your cars?

You may do most of it yourself but if you had to take your car in for some work, who in Rugby could you trust not to rip you off?

I've decided not to sort my steering wobble myself, but get it done. Had an old boy down somers road quote £99, gonna get more quotes. Until now I trusted Runabout for tyres and MOT (when it was £19) and GT motors for my mechanical work.

I took it to another place (wont say in case it offends) but they tried to blame me for mis diagnosing the problem, when it turned out their part was faulty and had to go to HQ to override their resistance to do the job again. Runabout seem to give me the sucking of teeth and "Ooo, thats gonna cost ya" routine if its anything other than simple, I went round the corner and GT did the job for £50 without question (ABS servo fitting)

WildCards
21-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Didn't realise you lived in Rugby Pete.

RugbyPete
21-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Didn't realise you lived in Rugby Pete.

Really??

I thought you lived in the wild

:D

kidfrost
21-03-2007, 06:26 PM
T W tyres!

I have been told they are very good and dont give you balls**t.

I have two work colleges who live in rugby and thats where they go.

bernmc
21-03-2007, 08:00 PM
If I need someone 'close', I go to Xtreme in Dudley. Otherwise, I go to WRD.

RugbyPete
21-03-2007, 08:05 PM
T W tyres!

I have been told they are very good and dont give you balls**t.

I have two work colleges who live in rugby and thats where they go.

You know I forgot about them, yeah they are good. I had a backbox i needed fitting and they did it for 20 quid

they have a garage around the back but the waiting list is long... i guess thats a good thing

Funny though, their tyres aren't that cheap anymore, shame

kidfrost
22-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Dont worry about tyres mate I can get them for you as I work at Hankook tyres in Daventry ;)

RugbyPete
22-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Nice one, I'll remember that

and if you ever need a DB9 I can sort you out a discount ;)

Rally205
22-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Rugby Car Care Centre are very good or Woodlands Service Station.

If you want any bodywork doing though I wouldn't have a clue who to recommend/Hmmm ;)

RugbyPete
22-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Bodywork dude best value is the chap who worked out of a barn on the road that leads through strwberry fields (castle road I think?)
anyway, he's moved out and has his own pad now, just done the fathers Audi a4 and he's very impressed with him. He did my whole bodykit on the peugeot for £200 cash

Nutter_John
22-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Pete you may have missed the little comment Marcus was making .....

He and Red own a very good bodyshop in Rugby :D

RugbyPete
22-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Ah, I see, I thought so ;)

I'm actually looking soon, as I have two little scuffs on the rear bumper I want to sort, done by the previous owner. Its amazing what you uncover with a good wash!