PDA

View Full Version : LOW !! My V is Lower than an ants belly

caishanvr4
22-03-2007, 03:22 AM
Hey all

Just had my tein adjustable suspension fitted this week with the cusco swaybars front & rear. Took a good few hours :zzz:but it was worth the wait.
I had the job done locally as time and funds were lacking to travel to our widely used and excellent workmanship of the wrd boys :baby:
The work was carried out on monday but i didn't have enough time to wait to get the adjustments done to the ride height. My journey home was an interesting one as i started hearing rattles and twangs that i didn't hear with the standard set up :inquisiti
when i got home i parked up on fairly level ground to check the ride height..
Front-both sides were the same :pimp2: but a bit too low for my comfort /pan
Rear' passenger side' two finger width from tire to lip :beatnik2:
Rear' driver side' one finger couldn't fit between the gap from tire to lip & to make matters worse rub marks all over my newly aquired second hand dunlops /duh /JawDroppi
Well today i went back as they was expecting me :d and we took the wheels off and adjusted the suspension to my likings and im pleased with the final height. What we also found out today was that on the top of the suspension there's a little nut that twist clockwise/anti clockwise which stiffens/softens the bounce effect :smoking:
I must admit that after a little spirited drive and attacking a few corners the handling/roadholding is /woot2fantastic.
Derek(pezza) stopped by earlier (nice to c u again mate) and was very impressed after a drive.
Anyway enough talk.....on to the pictures

BEFORE & AFTER

caishanvr4
22-03-2007, 03:30 AM
More pix

bradc
22-03-2007, 03:38 AM
Check out my car, it's almost identical in height, maybe a bit lower at the back due to my fatter arse :)

Looks good dude, the extra noises you heard at the back were probably the tyre rubbing on the arch

Kieran
22-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Looks as 'ard as Nails that does!:afro:

Hmmm! You've got the gold Cusco swaybars - they're the Vacanza type, sprayed gold rather than the usual Cusco blue. Dunno why, don't think there's a difference otherwise.

Handling's unreal once you tweak it up, isn't it?/rally

n13l pm
22-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Sweety as mate. nice and low, looks great :2thumbsup.

You didnt take any pics when it was too low for your liking did you?

caishanvr4
22-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Sweety as mate. nice and low, looks great :2thumbsup.

You didnt take any pics when it was too low for your liking did you?

No piccies when the car was too low as it was dirty and it looked a bit lopsided:inquisiti

Spirit
22-03-2007, 12:04 PM
Looks awesome Paul.....well done mate.........just one thing to say

LOWER ! LOWER ! LOWER ! /haz

White Lightning
22-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Very smart Paul :pimp2:

Glad your pleased :scholar:

WildCards
22-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Looks great Paul, nice one.

pezza
22-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Yes mate.. ya jammy #$%##%$|"|"@ :D

Oh alright... yes I spose it drives.. .ok :afro:

In fact, it feels fantastic mate.. It feels solid with zero roll but not back jarring in anyway.. it feels like standard suspension damper wise...:speechles without wallow and much travel.

I gotta say then when you kicked down I honestly looked round for the motorbike in the mirrors before I realised it was you preparing for take off. It looked the biz bouncing over the bumps and changing lanes. Top marx look great on the move!

Once you sort out Fuel pressure :inquisiti ... I think we need to do the Hatfield tunnel blast /yes

n13l pm
22-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Hatfield tunnel blast, whats all this about? its not the tunnel under the galleria is it??

CANDEE
22-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Looking very good dude!!!

caishanvr4
22-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Thanks for all your kudo's guys
As much as im happy with the set up it seems like there still some noises in the shocks. For instance the standard vr4 shock look a little bit longer and they have a rubber surround at the top where as the teins dont. Could this be the noise im hearing as it seems be all around /Hmmm
On smooth roads i cant hear a thing but as soon as i drive on uneven roads i hear the groans /Grrr

Pic of the standard vr4 shocks surround & tein

Kieran
22-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Think that's likely to be the cause, yes. Also, the standard shocks normally have a rubber sheathing around the top two windings of the coil, probably to stop them making noise if they rub together under compression.

OSiRiS
23-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Looks good :)

That isn't as low as an ant's belly though... I used to refer to mine as a fat snake slithering :P

caishanvr4
23-03-2007, 01:51 AM
Think that's likely to be the cause, yes. Also, the standard shocks normally have a rubber sheathing around the top two windings of the coil, probably to stop them making noise if they rub together under compression.

thanks kieran

What is the correct name for it :inquisiti

psbarham
23-03-2007, 08:32 AM
looks :afro: mate :thumbsup:

Dan_G
23-03-2007, 07:29 PM
looks the mutts nuts.... perfect