PDA

View Full Version : Vr4 4 Sale

SHOWVR
22-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Sad but true - time to let go of her. Got to get a bigger car for my kids A ford Explorer v8 to be exact - for the mean time. But all is well, an Evo 7 or 8 is lined for 2008!!:evilgrin:

Currently on trademe -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=92656141&key=38162

Just wanting to see what kind of interest i get. Had it posted for 2 days and have had over 350 views but no bids.

Will anyone here be interested in the intercooler piping and intercooler - this is a month old. Can also sell the body kit, mags etc. make some offers

Might sell the parts I have and put all the factory goodies back on.

Peace

defm0de
22-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey, how much do you want for the Intercooler and piping?

SirVr4
22-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Also wat you wanting for the HKS blowoff, i have one if you want to swap and $, its a drag-R

d i c k i e s
23-03-2007, 02:53 AM
Yes, what kinda price you looking at.. maybe intrested.. as always, just depends on price.

Subaru ETA
25-03-2007, 07:48 AM
yeah keen on piping and stuff just give us a price......also what year explorer you looking at/got? talk to me if you havent got it already coz being a ford mechanic i know things that youshould know!

zentac
25-03-2007, 09:05 AM
How many kids have you got ?

Rossco Type-S
25-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Sad but true - time to let go of her. Got to get a bigger car for my kids A ford Explorer v8 to be exact - for the mean time.

Do you realise that mechanics call those Ford Exploders?

bradc
25-03-2007, 10:17 PM
yeah they're fairly crap. If you need to have 6-7 seats, why not get a honda odyssey? They are much more car like to drive, better on petrol, better handling etc, and they don't break down.

The explorer is just a piece of crap american 4wd with no ability to do anything other than move fat american's down straight highways

Rossco Type-S
26-03-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah they're fairly crap. If you need to have 6-7 seats, why not get a honda odyssey? They are much more car like to drive, better on petrol, better handling etc, and they don't break down.

The explorer is just a piece of crap american 4wd with no ability to do anything other than move fat american's down straight highways

This is what the Dog and Lemon Guide has to say on Ford Exploders:

"...owning one has been a Lada-like experience for many peole."

"We can forgive the poor fuel economy and primative, truck-like mechanicals, but the Explorer's unreliability combined with class-trailing offroad abilities make this a 4wd to avoid, okay?"

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 12:27 AM
How many kids have you got ?

3 kids - all very young, my eldest, Brooklyn is 3 ( Girl )
then Justin - 1 and the latest edition was born last week Thursday -Jireh.

Thanks

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 12:29 AM
yeah keen on piping and stuff just give us a price......also what year explorer you looking at/got? talk to me if you havent got it already coz being a ford mechanic i know things that youshould know!

Im looking at a 2001/2002 model - has to be V8. I did go fo a test drive last weekend in one, was a Eddie Bauer edition - nice and comfy and felt weird being so high!!

So - how good are they?

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 12:31 AM

SOMEONE MAAKE ME AN OFFER AND ILL LET U KNOW

djb160
26-03-2007, 02:03 AM
congrats on the new one. How do you pronounce that name?

d i c k i e s
26-03-2007, 02:15 AM
have u got pics of the condition for the BOV?

Gly
26-03-2007, 06:00 AM
state what you want for parts, it avoids time wasters and dreamers.

at least then people can go yeah i can pay X amount,
or no way what a rip this guys dreaming!....

its alot easier than getting people to make offers.

Subaru ETA
26-03-2007, 09:22 AM
well basically i wouldnt but one bro! during ownership you WILL be up for at least one trans overhaul which makes a vr4 overhaul look cheap!

then you have the timing chain rattle which will set you back around $7000.

then you have rear wheel bearings which will involve a bearing hub and knuckle coz it impossable to press the bearing out so the knuckle alone is about $1700 ex usa.

dont even think about parking on a hill with less then 1/4 tank of gas in it, it wont start...

i have sat in shopping trollys that handle better....and are built better!

and yes the are refered to as the exploder for a very good reason!!

do you want me to keep going?? they are only any good if you plan on towing heavy stuff!

Xeroid
26-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Have to agree with the 'Exploder' comments. Many of our engineers ( about 2000) in the States are issued with them. They spend more time off the road being fixed than they do on the road rolling. And constant complaints with things falling off and breaking or not working. If you need towing/many seats a decent jap 4wd is a much better bet both economy and power wise. And a LOT cheaper to fix and easier to get parts.
Drove a Yank Tank over in the states for a while, absolute rubbish, hiway only, anything else was a joke.
Want some SERIOUS grunt, get a SSang Yong Musso, Mercedes Benz engine in them, and beautiful machine.

bradc
26-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I still think an Odyssey is the best option for a car with 6/7 seats, rather than a 4wd. If I'm ever stupid enough to have that many kids, I'll look at that option rather than any kind of off roader.

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 11:55 AM
state what you want for parts, it avoids time wasters and dreamers.

at least then people can go yeah i can pay X amount,
or no way what a rip this guys dreaming!....

its alot easier than getting people to make offers.

True - just wanting to see if any one was really interested.......
The highest I have so far is $750.00 - if any can better that its theres - one catch though - ive got the old parts, but I think i need one of the silicone hoses?? I think- but ill check again tomorrow.....

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 11:55 AM
well basically i wouldnt but one bro! during ownership you WILL be up for at least one trans overhaul which makes a vr4 overhaul look cheap!

then you have the timing chain rattle which will set you back around $7000.

then you have rear wheel bearings which will involve a bearing hub and knuckle coz it impossable to press the bearing out so the knuckle alone is about $1700 ex usa.

dont even think about parking on a hill with less then 1/4 tank of gas in it, it wont start...

i have sat in shopping trollys that handle better....and are built better!

and yes the are refered to as the exploder for a very good reason!!

do you want me to keep going?? they are only any good if you plan on towing heavy stuff!

Wow - thanks bro, I think youjust saved me alot of grief!!

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I still think an Odyssey is the best option for a car with 6/7 seats, rather than a 4wd. If I'm ever stupid enough to have that many kids, I'll look at that option rather than any kind of off roader.

Thats on my list too mate - the 2004 model looks really good, saw a dude in auzzie who had a black one woth really nice mags, love the head lights to.

BUT - I know you guys will hate me, what about a 2004 STI Forrester? 6 speed manual, turbo, lots of room and they look reallu good too..... set aside the biast vr4 nature and give me some true opinions - thanks

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 12:00 PM
congrats on the new one. How do you pronounce that name?
Thanks bro - its pronounced JY - RA its Hebrew for Provider. feel really blessed to have a new edition to the family, my other 2 cant stop kissing and hugging him.... very fulfilling.

bradc
26-03-2007, 07:49 PM
How would a forrester be any better at carrying 3 kids than a Legnum? They might be a little bit roomier, but not much.

SHOWVR
26-03-2007, 08:43 PM
How would a forrester be any better at carrying 3 kids than a Legnum? They might be a little bit roomier, but not much.

You reckon? im goin intoday to have a look.

Gly
27-03-2007, 05:50 AM
its harder to work on than a vr4 if anything breaks...
heard they are arse to change plugs on two due to the boxer motor design.

Rossco Type-S
27-03-2007, 06:53 AM
Thats on my list too mate - the 2004 model looks really good, saw a dude in auzzie who had a black one woth really nice mags, love the head lights to.

BUT - I know you guys will hate me, what about a 2004 STI Forrester? 6 speed manual, turbo, lots of room and they look reallu good too..... set aside the biast vr4 nature and give me some true opinions - thanks

It will be slightly safer than a VR4, not that the Leggy is exactly unsafe. Handling won't be as good.

In general Subarus have a reputation as being unreliable once they have meduim Kms on them - turbos especially. Although they have been improving in this regard of late.

I agree with Bradc's point...how exactly would it be an improvement? (Other than being newer and slighty safer).

SHOWVR
27-03-2007, 11:49 AM
It will be slightly safer than a VR4, not that the Leggy is exactly unsafe. Handling won't be as good.

In general Subarus have a reputation as being unreliable once they have meduim Kms on them - turbos especially. Although they have been improving in this regard of late.

I agree with Bradc's point...how exactly would it be an improvement? (Other than being newer and slighty safer).

Theres alot more boot space? And it beats getting a Ford Exploder!! The 2004/2005 sti model is very roomy, alot more then our beloved VR4.....
I just dont wanna be caught out driving a boring people mover - if I get the one im after - they look so good too.....but not as good as a vr4 lol!

d i c k i e s
28-03-2007, 12:39 AM
yup you need the boot space for the pram and sh!t...

bradc
28-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Don's a strong guy, he can just carry the smaller kids under one arm, and the oldest under his other arm :D

SHOWVR
28-03-2007, 01:50 AM
Don's a strong guy, he can just carry the smaller kids under one arm, and the oldest under his other arm :D

Lol!!!:baby:

You See
28-03-2007, 05:25 AM
Just the way you like them aye Brad! :love:

d i c k i e s
28-03-2007, 05:38 AM
ohh no, here we go /catfight

bradc
28-03-2007, 06:09 AM
Speaking from personal experience Uc?

Kenneth
28-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Speaking from personal experience Uc?

lol, i am sure UC knows how you like it...

Subaru ETA
28-03-2007, 08:24 AM
ANYWAY!! enough of the gay talk guys...google homosexual forums for that fullas! :p

back to topic, subbies are a arse to work on.... what about a airtrek turbo? they look good and have 2L turbo

d i c k i e s
30-03-2007, 02:15 AM
yup, they look nice... i seem them everyday, as i work right next to Mitsubishi Motors in porirua (Todd Motors). They got the new pajero coming out, and they took one for a test drive the other day. guy reckons it handled and performed really well. they went both on and off road. pajero came back with all the windows covered in mud, so im sure they gave it death.

but those airteks look nice and roomy.. when i have as much kids as showvr, then ill think about those cars... but i love the leggie.

hope they make more VR4's in the future is all i can say

Subaru ETA
30-03-2007, 08:34 AM
my mrs olds have the mivec airtrek...heaps of room aye, id say more than the exploder

Subaru ETA
11-04-2007, 09:58 AM
so anything happening with this? got a new car yet?