PDA

View Full Version : Booooost fluctuations

orionn2o
23-03-2007, 09:33 AM
GReddy E01 boost controller

My boost at the mo seems to be a bit all over the place, it goes up when I floor it BUT the graph drawn is a little sinusoidal and floats around 0.9 bar but fluctuates from possibly 0.7 - 0.9 .

Is this because the gain is perhaps too high?? Or could there be an underlying electrical issue??

Ta

Gly
23-03-2007, 09:41 AM
the greddy IBC ive got in is doing this awell,
i think its the vacc/boost line its connected to...

mines currently T'ed into the FPR line...
and i dont think its ideal will be changing this tomorrow.

it cant be on a line with a boost guage or BOV as its not good apperently.

jayjay99
23-03-2007, 10:45 AM
the greddy IBC ive got in is doing this awell,
i think its the vacc/boost line its connected to...

mines currently T'ed into the FPR line...
and i dont think its ideal will be changing this tomorrow.

it cant be on a line with a boost guage or BOV as its not good apperently.

I'm T'd in there and don't have any problems. Are you sure it's not the settings issue? Maybe post up what settings you have and someone can check them.

Gly
23-03-2007, 10:51 AM
mines an IBC,

no real settings. (just the gain or duty you set, then it auto learns from that)

it was in mikes car (mpau007) installed in the exact same manner,
but its not behaving in mine...

with his original settings or mine.
gonna redo the install tomorrow anyways

Eurospec
23-03-2007, 12:34 PM
What level do you have your boost warning set to? Sounds like maybe the warning is below the level the b/c is shooting for.

You get a sinusoidal type wave when that happens.

Cheers,

Ben.

mpau009
23-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I remembered that i used the thicker vacuum for the solenoid plumbing, same as the red painted piece, for the whole length where as you stepped it down to the factory sized hosing. Which i think is why my settings werent working for you, but it doesnt really explain the fluctuations, maybe it was something to do with the wiring side of things. Failing that i'm back to the pinched vacuum hose idea.

Maybe there is some way to clear the memory and start it again from scratch?

Wodjno
23-03-2007, 06:28 PM
GReddy E01 boost controller

My boost at the mo seems to be a bit all over the place, it goes up when I floor it BUT the graph drawn is a little sinusoidal and floats around 0.9 bar but fluctuates from possibly 0.7 - 0.9 .

Is this because the gain is perhaps too high?? Or could there be an underlying electrical issue??

Ta

Is your car an Auto ?? :inquisiti

bradc
23-03-2007, 08:08 PM
I think it is a manual, I remember it was smokinmaster's car. Gly's is definately a manual!

Gly
23-03-2007, 09:00 PM
the IBC dont have a over boost protection setting.

Kenneth
23-03-2007, 10:32 PM
if you are spiking, try lowering the gain a bit.

Gly
24-03-2007, 07:49 AM
well after changing plugs and moving the boost reading hose off the fpr line,
mines become alot more happy,
and going thru and setting up the IBC gains/duty cycle.
the boost doznt spike and fluctuate anymore.

i also know what boost/fuel cut feels like now, **** me its violent!

psbarham
24-03-2007, 08:16 AM
I think it is a manual, I remember it was smokinmaster's car. Gly's is definately a manual!
yup and then move the gear lever back to D and its an auto again , clever hey ?/pan it always used to be an auto

orionn2o
29-03-2007, 02:23 PM
yeah its still an auto!

sorry took so long to come back, been on a course at work away from home!

I didn't know there was a boost warning? i havent seen it anyway.

The gain figure is set to 32, whatever that means?? I turned it down and didnt notice a huge difference except it took longer to get there!

What does the start value mean?>?

orionn2o
29-03-2007, 02:25 PM
of the 3 settings that are immediately available they are (from memory)

SET 0.9
GAIN 32
START 0.38

orionn2o
29-03-2007, 02:26 PM
An interesting point is that i've only actually noticed this since I put the CAT back on?? could this be linked?

Wodjno
29-03-2007, 03:34 PM
An interesting point is that i've only actually noticed this since I put the CAT back on?? could this be linked?

Yes it could be due to increased back pressure !

I was going right an explanation, but time is running out to get my car sorted for Saturday, so i'm off back outside to get it sorted..

Have a read of this !! This is 1 of the best explanations i have found on how EBC's work..

http://www.splparts.com/doc/tech/EBC.htm

Kieran
29-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes it could be due to increased back pressure !

:speechles :thinking: /duh

/Cue sudden Brainwave at KieranCorp towers.....

Wodjno
29-03-2007, 05:17 PM
:speechles :thinking: /duh

/Cue sudden Brainwave at KieranCorp towers.....

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

ralliart-type-s
29-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Kewl link wodj saved as a fav, I'll need that nxt wkend. wot do our engines run as std boost and wots safe w/out fuelling mods??

bradc
29-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Standard is around 8psi, and you can bump them up to normally about 13-14psi before you hit the fuel cut. It's still safe, and you're not going to run out of fuel at all, it's just what the ecu's been programmed with.

Wodjno
29-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Standard is around 8psi, and you can bump them up to normally about 13-14psi before you hit the fuel cut. It's still safe, and you're not going to run out of fuel at all, it's just what the ecu's been programmed with.

As Brad says /yes

Theres not alot of damage you can do really do by upping the hitting fuel cut Boost as long as you don't have Boost set so you are continually..../pan

And as long as you don't use an FCD :inquisiti