PDA

View Full Version : A racing/car is born - series available

RugbyPete
24-03-2007, 02:24 PM
I have copies of the complete series of 'A car is born' and a' Racing car is born' if anyone wants to see how a car is made, from scratch, by a relative newbie.

Let me know if you have server space and I can upload (About 2.5gig each)

Beware though, you will want to build a car when you've stopped watching, cos it looks SO easy!

Wodjno
24-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I have copies of the complete series of 'A car is born' and a' Racing car is born' if anyone wants to see how a car is made, from scratch, by a relative newbie.

Let me know if you have server space and I can upload (About 2.5gig each)

Beware though, you will want to build a car when you've stopped watching, cos it looks SO easy!

I remeber watching these on Satelite years ago.. I was engrossed by them..

Think he went on to planes and others to.. Not so interested in them though..

Would like to get hold them /yes

But only 1 problem ?? :thinking:

Whats a Server ? :inquisiti

And where do i get 1 ?? :speechles

WildCards
24-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Yup, i'd be interested too Pete, but like Wodjimmycallit I lack a server.

Wodjno
24-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Yup, i'd be interested too Pete, but like Wodjimmycallit I lack a server.

Well i might have 1 somewhere in my Garage with all my other Bits and Bobs :thinking:

Whats 1 look like :speechles

Davezj
24-03-2007, 08:36 PM
yes i would be interested in a race car is born. that was a good series.

Nick VR4
24-03-2007, 09:09 PM
But only 1 problem ?? :thinking:

Whats a Server ? :inquisiti

And where do i get 1 ?? :speechles

A server is any computer that is used to send, receive, or relay data to other nodes on a network. In simpler terms, this means a server is any computer that “serves” other computers on the network. Now, servers come in all shapes and sizes. There is nothing holier about a Dell Power Edge server over any other server, such as a Compaq Presario made in 1993. There is obviously a difference in all sorts of things: form factor, speed, memory, and so forth. However, because a server's only requirement is that it must serve , then any computer with a network card should make a fine server.

What can servers do?

Well, servers can do many things. Obviously, they can host web sites and pages, serve files, serve DNS records, host computer game sessions, verify users, and even share an Internet connection. How does a single computer do all of this? Usually, it doesn't. Most servers have a single type of purpose. For example, if you wanted to use an old computer to host a personal web site, you probably would leave that server specifically to do things like hosting web pages, serving files, and maintaining a database. However, if your objective is to host multiplayer games, you would probably set the server up to host a dedicated server program for only the games you wish to host. That being said, most servers are specialized . Why? Most servers simply lack the raw processing power to “do-it-all.” If you have a need for a server, there is software and hardware made just for your purpose. I guarantee you this.

RugbyPete
25-03-2007, 12:00 AM
lol, you been on 'How stuff work's' again Nick!

Well, you guys let me know, even if one of you sets up an ftp sevice on your home xp machine we can rock

psbarham
25-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Well i might have 1 somewhere in my Garage with all my other Bits and Bobs :thinking:

Whats 1 look like :speechles
this is what i had in mind :inquisiti
http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Anna-Kournikova-Photograph-C12011632.jpeg
and if you have one in your garage , i'll be round in 10 to help you find it :D

RugbyPete
26-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Finished watching the Cobra being built, all 15 episodes!
I will see if I can get a simple FTP going for people to connect. I have a dynamic IP address though so I'll need to keep you posted of the address. I'm not on any sort of speed uplink though so probably 1-2 people max connecting at any one time

RugbyPete
26-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Ok, I have set up an ftp on the following address:

ftp://86.20.239.67

No passwords etc. needed

Give it a go!

RugbyPete
26-03-2007, 10:39 AM
If you could download what you need to watch, opposed to downloading the whole lot at once, that will free up bandwidth for others while your watching it

Also, don't double click the movies to watch across the web. This will not work as they need to be downloaded then played from your pc.

Thanks!

WildCards
26-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Can't seem to download it Pete. If I click the link it tries to play, but gives an error and if i click 'save target as' I get another different error message.

What am I doing wrong?

Wouter
26-03-2007, 11:24 AM
You need a FTP client to download it!

Wouter
26-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Download and install smartFTP, then configure the connection.

RugbyPete
26-03-2007, 12:01 PM
If you use Explorer that comes with windows (copy address into 'Run' box or 'My computer' address bar, then download by dragging and dropping (or copy/paste)

Otherwise, hop over to download.com and search for a free ftp client to download.

RugbyPete
26-03-2007, 12:29 PM
3 slots available, first come first served!

WildCards
26-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Seems they're already taken. I'll have to try again later

RugbyPete
26-03-2007, 05:23 PM
3 free slots again on the server. REMEMBER: no username and password, check any 'log on anonymously' boxes in your ftp program connection setting, if using explorer it should go straight in.

Enjoy, im gonna watch the racing one now :)

RugbyPete
27-03-2007, 12:22 PM
May be the last day I can host these, as I'm taking the pc used as the server off the frontline, and sticking in its way a proxy (which may cause issues) cos I now have a loft to be used as an office (no more balancing laptops and paperwork on the living room sofa - yipee!).

Try today, get while you can :)

WildCards
27-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I cancelled it as it was taking bloody ages just to get the first episode. In 30 minutes it downloaded something like 2.4Mb on our 4mb broadband.