PDA

View Full Version : Front mount and stuff

ralliart-type-s
25-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Just bought a fmic and a HKS fcd, £50 the lot!! Just need to get my e-01 now and I can start fitting. Any major probs?? What should I look out for etc?? Any advice is gratefully accepted. When is the next meet?? is it japfest?? cos I need to pay subs so I can access all areas so to speak!!

Kieran
25-03-2007, 02:52 PM
You can pay online for membership if you want!:afro:

Regarding the intercooler and such - what intercooler have you got? What's the size and such?

Beware the FCD..... They work, but perhaps a little too well.... Quite often they'll allow you to run dangerous amounts of boost and the first indication you'll get is when a wedge is taken off the ringlands of one of your pistons! /help

wrdmotorsport
25-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Just bought a fmic and a HKS fcd, £50 the lot!! Just need to get my e-01 now and I can start fitting. Any major probs?? What should I look out for etc?? Any advice is gratefully accepted. When is the next meet?? is it japfest?? cos I need to pay subs so I can access all areas so to speak!!
I think you can pay subs on line now .

wrdmotorsport
25-03-2007, 02:53 PM
to slow /Grrr

ralliart-type-s
28-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Sorry, I bin bizzy sortin stuff out, fcd is too much u think?? i also got a blitz sbc instead of e-01, any gud?? FMIC is ex skyline, not sure of capacity, I dont think its bar/plate design. Just need boost guage now, anyone got one they not usin I can get cheap??

ralliart-type-s
28-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Just bin talkin 2 Alan at A.S Performance. He reckons our engines are too weak ti run decent power and that im wastin my time with a front mount because it aint easy to get extra fuel?? does a fcd not do this?? or maybe a blitz sbc?? I'm sooooo confused now, dunno wot 2 do.

Nutter_John
28-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Hmm interesting staement , what does he define as decent power as 350+ has been run on stock internals

Fueling with the stock injectors should be good for around 400 bhp , fuel pump may need replacing around 350 bhp with a FPR .

All a FCD does is clamp the signal going into the ecu to a preset value , this then fools the ecu into thinking you only have X amount of air going in and does not indcuce fuel cut to prevent damage to the engine . FCD's are not recomended unless you have control over your fueling and a way to monitor it .

SBC is a boost controller all this does is increase the amount of boost the turbos spool to before the wastegates open .

A new FMIC is worthwhile as it reduces the air temp into the inlet which gives you a denser amount of air , which in turns gives more bang to the engine

bradc
28-03-2007, 08:07 PM
Yeah it is a bit of a strange one, a larger intercooler is always going to be more help, and these cars can supply a lot more fuel to the engine than what you need when stock anyway.

For simple mods like an increase of boost and an intercooler you don't need to worry about changing your fuel pump or injectors at all.

Kieran
29-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Hmm interesting staement..

Quite.... If interesting is a pseudonym for 'HollyHocks!!!' :inquisiti

Kenneth
29-03-2007, 12:16 AM
dickytim installed the intercooler setup from my old Legnum and gained a significant improvement in fuel economy.

Nutter_John
29-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Quite.... If interesting is a pseudonym for 'HollyHocks!!!' :inquisiti

You read it correct Kieran , I was being dipolmatic ;)

Nick Mann
29-03-2007, 09:44 AM
I would completely agree with the nutter above. The fuel might not quite get to 350 before upgrading the pump, but with a good pump and fpr 400 is achievable on standard injectors.

The limit on our engines is the turbos.

ralliart-type-s
30-03-2007, 11:33 PM
lol, so alan is fos then! I thought I was goin the right way, just a gut feelin! so fit my fmic and boost ctrl and thats it for now. till i get a carbon bonnet, and a set of hoooooj front discs! and a evo 7 diff, and new bearings in the front hubs, and recaro's and tein height udj susp, and............ahhh sh%t!!

Kieran
30-03-2007, 11:52 PM
....and recaro's and tein height udj susp, and............ahhh sh%t!!

/haz

Welcome to the slippery slope of VR-4 modification! /lol

Subaru ETA
31-03-2007, 02:16 AM
sounds like the dude you spoke to is a bit of a wierdo...advaced automotive did a front mount on one while i was down there and on the road test it had gained 2psi boost with just that! so yeh...carry on with what ur doing!

ralliart-type-s
01-04-2007, 11:03 AM
:iloveyou: K peeps, ta velly much an all that!!:iloveyou:

caishanvr4
17-05-2007, 02:15 AM
You fitted your front mount IC yet?:inquisiti